January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!

QOTD - I use the UG. I signed up for Mike this time, but then was bummed because some of the info seemed out of date (I was looking for info on the Wave, the new restaurant in the Contemporary), so I got a refund. I've heard good things though - although people have also said the site is confusing and strangely organized:confused3 . The UG worked well for us last February, so we're going with it again...

(Although I have to say I probably get more info from the disboards!):disrocks:

Shelly- We too avoid the EMHs!! I just hate trying to jump up and get everybody moving,eat, brush teeth, and beat it to a line!!! My kids get so worn out on the days we are there I just let'em sleep. We like to stay longer at night.

I can tell you, but you won't like it - it involves many things, but #1 is avoiding EHM's at all costs!!! :rotfl: And I know how you Snowbirds like EHM's!

I wouldn't say all of us Snowbirds like EHM's!! I'm not their biggest fan! I usually avoid them also!!

And with all this talk of bus troubles I'm trying to decide now if its going to be easier for me to drive from my resort to the parks instead now!!

I wouldn't say all of us Snowbirds like EHM's!! I'm not their biggest fan! I usually avoid them also!!

And with all this talk of bus troubles I'm trying to decide now if its going to be easier for me to drive from my resort to the parks instead now!!

Trouble, what trouble? Did I miss something? :confused3

Trouble, what trouble? Did I miss something? :confused3

People on other boards have been talking about long delays at resorts and other delays with the buses (of course that is what I get from venturing out of our precious Snowbird thread) and as a paranoid person I'm of course probably making a bigger deal out of this than necessary.

I in no means want to start a panic, I'm just wondering if having my own vehicle if I should just go ahead and drive myself around???

Absolutely! We may be cool, but let's not forget that we're also bananas!
:rotfl2:

What about nuts??? Is there a little nut smiley guy?

:squirrel: This was the best I could do...see him there in the cute little squirrel's hands?

Does anyone know who's in charge of the smileys from which we get to choose? Wow, that sentence is proper grammar, but it sure makes me sound like a snob! :snooty:

Trixie-Ha ha ha!!!I love it!! This is def. the funnest thread ever. CONFESSION: I haven't read any thing but this and 2 other threads since I found it!!!!!

What are we going to read/do when our trips are over?

PLAN AGAIN!!!!!

Peach3s~
I have not used TGM, but I have used the UG and I did like it! I also have used the Passporter(love,love, love it) and the Birnbaum's guides. This one has a kid version that your little kiddos might like!! But for planning the passporter and UG are probably the best.

Ooooh - I forgot to say how much I loved my Passporter too! I mainly used it for the maps and the organizer, but it was great. We took it to the parks every day. I really want to buy a new one, but sadly, I have enough pages left in the organizer section to reuse... :sad2:

What about nuts??? Is there a little nut smiley guy?

:squirrel: This was the best I could do...see him there in the cute little squirrel's hands?

Does anyone know who's in charge of the smileys from which we get to choose? Wow, that sentence is proper grammar, but it sure makes me sound like a snob! :snooty:

At least you recognize proper grammar...I wouldn't know it if it bit me on the nose!! I feel bad for any english teachers or english majors or the general public in general who have to navigate my posts LOL!:rotfl:

Edit: Case in point..general public in general...wow thank goodness I teach Science!!

At least you recognize proper grammar...I wouldn't know it if it bit me on the nose!! I feel bad for any english teachers or english majors or the general public in general who have to navigate my posts LOL!:rotfl:

Edit: Case in point..general public in general...wow thank goodness I teach Science!!

I actually apologized on another thread because I started a sentence with the word "and"! :laughing: There are two English teachers there and I thought I might get get banned for my bad grammar!

Thank goodness for science teachers! I :love: science! I started college pre-med, moved to psych (yes...a soft science) with a biology minor. How about you?

Ooooh - I forgot to say how much I loved my Passporter too! I mainly used it for the maps and the organizer, but it was great. We took it to the parks every day. I really want to buy a new one, but sadly, I have enough pages left in the organizer section to reuse... :sad2:

do you know you can call and get more of those little folder/daily pockets? I ordered mine a while back. I have more need of that than the entire book, so I am just gonna take out the ones from last trip and put those in for my next trip. I think they were like $6 or so. Much cheaper than a whole passporter!!! Are you talking about the deluxe? That's what I have, so you can just snap it in there.

Holy Moly! I sleep and POOF! There are only about 100 new pages to read!:lmao: You ladies have been busy!

Love all the pictures! Especially the dorky old ones! Do I remember jelly shoes? Ha! I lived in those things for a few years. And stirrup pants with an oversized, banded shirt with a big ol' belt! Yep. Nice look!:confused3 :rotfl2:

Are you saying I was dorky? :lmao:

Alright, ladies. I've got a question. How many of you have used Tourguide Mike and/or the Unofficial Guide. Cause I'm using both for planning, and they don't always agree 100%.

I would love to hear some real life feedback. If you used either one, share in what ways it helped or hindered your trip. If you used both, I'd LOVE to hear how they compare and which one you would recommend! I might even head venture off our little thread and start a thread on the trip planning board to see if others have an opinion on this. I love TourGuide Mike. But Unofficial Guide is awesome too. See my dilemma? :rotfl:

I use them both and am making my own schedule from a mix of the two. Hope that helps.

Just try not to get too scheduled. You will have more fun if you relax a bit.

Fun idea! :banana:

Today's dilemma that DH and I are struggling with.....the budgeting has gone much better than planned :cheer2: and we can now afford to stay at AKL or WL. Is is worth the extra $$'s from POR :confused3 ? Any wise words from the rest of you Snowbirds is much appreciated!!!!

We stayed at POR on our Honeymoon. (French Quarter side.) It was lovely! Very quiet, small and quaint. This time we are staying at WL. I'm not sure I would choose POR over WL/AKL if I were staying on the Riverside. It is very nice, but that just my opinion, as I live in the south and it is not appealing to me because I see it all the time. The reason we liked POFQ is because of it's size. It was a short walk to everything (food court, pool, bus).

I am dying to stay at AKL, but my only hesitation is that it is so far removed from everything.

Morning snowbirds. I will not let a behavior conference get in the way of my posting!!

I know some Snowbirds that could use a behavior conference.... just saying....

Good morning Snowbirds! :goodvibes

I need your expert advice! I just realized a bit of a conundrum in my planning! On our third day at Disney, I had originally scheduled us to do Am EMH @MK, take a break and then head back to MK for Spectro after having supper @ O'hana.

Here is the problem - For the last little bit, I thought that Spectro was at 8! :scared1: It's not - it's at 7! :eek: Our ADR @ O'Hana is for 530pm THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TIME! HELP! Do you think that moving the ADR to 5 would give us enough time or should I try to move the ADR to a different day? :confused3 The only available days I have are our arrival day (we arrive @ MCO @ 11:20am) and our "No PArk" day on the 25th.

What do you think? :worship:

If you really want to see Spectro and enjoy O'Hana, I would do them on seperate days. Then you won't have to stress about either. :)

Hello Snowbirds! Just sharing my dining reservations for our January trip!

Saturday, January 24th (Arrival Day)
5:30 pm Coral Reef
Sunday, January 25th
8:25 am Kona Cafe
5:50 pm 50’s Prime Time Cafe
Monday, January 26th
8:25 am Crystal Palace
6:20 pm Le Cellier Steakhouse
Tuesday, January 27th
9:25 am 1900 Park Fare
12:30 am Yak & Yeti
7:05 pm Citrico’s

Wednesday, January 28th
8:30 am Captain’s Grill
7:30 pm JIKO

Thursday, January 29th
9:30 am Grand Floridian Café
7:00 pm The Wave

Friday, January 30th
7:20 pm California Grill

Saturday, January 31st
10:15 am Kona Café

Sounds yummy! Are you on the DxDP?

I actually apologized on another thread because I started a sentence with the word "and"! :laughing: There are two English teachers there and I thought I might get get banned for my bad grammar!

Thank goodness for science teachers! I :love: science! I started college pre-med, moved to psych (yes...a soft science) with a biology minor. How about you?

I have my Bachelors in Biological Science (emphaisis on Animal physiology) and am 6 grad credits away from my MST which is the equivalent of being able to teach Science in a post secondary institution. I'm currently taking a epidemiology class (study of infectious diseases) and I love it!! But I could go on for hours on my love of Science.

I teach 5 sections of high school Biology and 1 section of Dual Enrollment Biology/Zoology for a local public junior college.

Thanks for the advice! I guess I will try to move it to a different day as the earliest O'Hana takes ADR's for supper is 5pm! Have to go now, my little girl I take care of is getting restless for outside time, I'll check back later! :)

I have my Bachelors in Biological Science (emphaisis on Animal physiology) and am 6 grad credits away from my MST which is the equivalent of being able to teach Science in a post secondary institution. I'm currently taking a epidemiology class (study of infectious diseases) and I love it!! But I could go on for hours on my love of Science.

I teach 5 sections of high school Biology and 1 section of Dual Enrollment Biology/Zoology for a local public junior college.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm actually considering POFQ for my next trip to Disney (yes I said next trip)! I hoping to go the first week of December so I can see the world at Christmas. This time I think I might bring my mom along..although after looking at the Wilderness Lodge site it might be time to splurge!!

Soleil, I want to see a ton of pics when you get back so I can make this tough decision!!! LOL!!!:rotfl:

Regarding Extra Magic Hours- Our last three trips have all been in January and EMHs have been nothing but the cats meow:thumbsup2. Morning EMH have been a bit more crowded than evening but still no where near peak season. Mornings we can hit two or three attractions in that hour with little or no wait. And evenings, we have hit five attractions in an hour (not too bad considering our little ones can only go so fast). We go towards the end of January so it may be different earlier in the month:confused3. But if some people avoid them, great! Less people in the parks for us!;)

Alright, ladies. I've got a question. How many of you have used Tourguide Mike and/or the Unofficial Guide. Cause I'm using both for planning, and they don't always agree 100%.

I would love to hear some real life feedback. If you used either one, share in what ways it helped or hindered your trip. If you used both, I'd LOVE to hear how they compare and which one you would recommend! I might even head venture off our little thread and start a thread on the trip planning board to see if others have an opinion on this. I love TourGuide Mike. But Unofficial Guide is awesome too. See my dilemma? :rotfl:

Peaches.... I LOVE TGM:love: :hippie: :love: ... I have used him for many trips... his best days are RIGHT ON THE MONEY:woohoo: .... we wouldn't travel with out him.... now if only he would put on one of the cute little vests and walk me around...then my day would be complete.... he has tons of great ideas....:woohoo: it can be overwhelming to read all the stuff though:surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter