January 20111...let's start planning

We're thinking about going in January. Right now we're thinking about going the week of Jan. 2nd but I'm wondering if should go a little later in the month. I'm hoping it will be warm enough to swim at least one day. I'm also not sure where to stay. I would love to get advice from others who have BTDT.

We did POR January 5-12 of this year (2010). It was great. Even though the half marathon was miserable (cold and sleeting) I've already signed up for next year's!!! We're gonna try a different resort next year. Still deciding.

I'm counting down the days!

We are planning a WDW trip in early January, probably Jan 6-13 or Jan 7-14.

It'll be myself, my dh, hopefully all of our kids (I have 5 kids, ranging in age from 9 to 22) and possibly my niece. The plan is to rent points and get a 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk Villas.

We went as a family back in 2002 (stayed at Fort Wilderness). Then in Dec 09, we were in the area for a few days before a cruise, and I took my little girls to Magic Kingdom for a day. Then last April, I went with friends and we stated at the Boardwalk Villas and LOVED it. So now we're all going back!

But to answer honestly

We are planning a big group trip for a bunch of friends from Jan 5-12th.
WDW & the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Excitement! :banana:

What is the best way to book a Jan. trip since rates won't be out until August? What about ADR's?

We will be staying at POR Jan 21st -Jan 30th. I can start making my ADR's on July 25th. I plan on booking in mid June. I booked last trip and found a deal and was able to switch to the deal, so... hopeful same thing happens.

Carey

DH is turning 50 in 2011! This is "his" trip :laughing: so he can be all goofy and run himself silly! We haven't picked a resort yet...probably two rooms at Pop since there's five of us... Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Can't wait to return to Disney World! I wish we could really start planning much sooner than in August. At least I can check for flights soon, right?

We'll be there, again, for the 3v3 Soccer Championships from Jan. 15-22 (well, that long if there's a 4/3 deal, shorter if not.) Happy planning!

I'll be going back again in January. I'm doing the Goofy Challenge again. I'm not sure of the exact dates but something like Jan 5th - 11th. I'm not sure where I'll stay this time. I've stayed at Allstar Music the past two years. I like it but would love to try a deluxe resort if I can save enough between now and then.

Has anyone ever been to WDW during the 3v3 kickit soccer tournament, and if so, do you know which resorts the kids primarily stay in? I am hoping my DD(7)'s team qualifies and gets to go to the championships in 2011 (late Jan at WWOS)

Yay! I was searching for a January 2011 thread! I haven't been to the world since Dec. 2008 and am having MAJOR withdrawls! haha Our favorite time of year has always been the first of Dec, crowds are low, weather is perfect, prices are good etc. I always have pulled the kids out of school for a week, but since DD17 has decided to grow up/graduate on us and go to college ;) I have to work around her schedule now. :lovestruc January seems like the next best pick for us! We are planning on going the week January 8-16, which is the first week in the new grading period for DD10 and before DD17 goes back to college!!

Soo....... let the planning begin! I am thinking we will stay at All Star Movies, same as our last trip, we loved it! And we will get two connecting rooms since DD17's BFF (best friend not boy friend!! wanted to clarify that just in case) lol lives with us as well, and I may let DD10 bring a friend along too.

I am so excited, WDW is our absolute favorite place in the world! Jobs, Bills, worries, and all the other stuff that gives us headaches is non existant there!!

Let's hope they have the buy four get 3 free again this year or something similar.

Happy planning!!!

So have any of you been to WDW in January before? I'm a little worried about the weather. If we don't go in January our other choices would be April and October. I'm worried that April would be too busy (and much more expensive) and October is too far away. Is there a better time to go in January?

So have any of you been to WDW in January before? I'm a little worried about the weather. If we don't go in January our other choices would be April and October. I'm worried that April would be too busy (and much more expensive) and October is too far away. Is there a better time to go in January?

We went in Jan 2009, (23-29) & it was AWESOME! Weather was 70 and above everyday. 85 one day! Rain overnight once. I thought it was perfect. I'm hoping for the same next Jan : )

Carey

Wis our favorite time mostly to get away from thr Vermont weather. Usually it is warm enought to swim in heated pools and great to walk around in but cool in morning and evenings. Usually we go the last week of Jan but may go during the marathon if my nephew runs. We plan to stay at POR in 2011. We have satyed at POP last 2 times and want to trade up and enjoy the resort more. I just can't wait:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter