January 20111...let's start planning

Less than a month! I am thinking and thinking about ADRs and stuff, wondering if I should try to plan some extra stuff or just let things happen as they happen....

20 days for us. Hoping for 75 degrees with a light breeze for the length of our stay (we have low standards;) since it is 15 out right now with a -5 wind-chill). Wishing everyone good weather and a safe trip in January.

20 days for us. Hoping for 75 degrees with a light breeze for the length of our stay (we have low standards;) since it is 15 out right now with a -5 wind-chill). Wishing everyone good weather and a safe trip in January.

Sounds good to me! We had our blizzard last night and it is cold but beautiful (think winter wonderland) today! How did your family do this Christmas? I imagine it had to be a difficult day for you.:hug:

17 days left for my daughter and I. I just booked a facial for her and a massage for me at the Gran Floridian Spa!:goodvibes

Sounds good to me! We had our blizzard last night and it is cold but beautiful (think winter wonderland) today! How did your family do this Christmas? I imagine it had to be a difficult day for you.:hug:

17 days left for my daughter and I. I just booked a facial for her and a massage for me at the Gran Floridian Spa!:goodvibes

The kids did really well. They had a good day. Me, I was strong in front of them but hurting pretty bad when they weren’t around. I ended up going to see her at the cemetery at 11:00pm. We had a good talk.:hug:

P.S. I could use a facial too, but if Joni was here, she would say "It wouldn't help!";)

The kids did really well. They had a good day. Me, I was strong in front of them but hurting pretty bad when they weren’t around. I ended up going to see her at the cemetery at 11:00pm. We had a good talk.:hug:

P.S. I could use a facial too, but if Joni was here, she would say "It wouldn't help!";)

Gosh, I can't even imagine. Glad you were able to go to the cemetary and have a talk with her. Hope you and your kids have a great trip.:hug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to you and the kids. I got to "know" Joni on the Snowbirds thread, and everytime I see your/her screen name, I just want to hug you all!

Thanks for the hugs:hug: guys. I'm glad Joni got to know a few of you on here; she had a lot of fun. I just wish she got to know more of you (but she got sick in April 09, so she wasn't on as much after that). She was a great person:). Our love was always Disney.

You'll think I'm making this up, but yesterday Kaili (our daughter) and I were cleaning out a room and we found a journal about me (that I didn't know about, luckily it was very flattering;)) that Joni kept when we first started dating 15 years ago. In it she actually had the ticket stub from our first Disney movie we saw together, Toy Story dated 12/5/1995. Funny how the world works, as Toy story 3 would be the last Disney movie we saw together, 15 years later. She passed away shortly thereafter, one week after our 11th Wedding Anniversary. She was 33.

It will be a bitter sweet trip. But her brother (w/fiancé) and Sister (w/husband) are coming with us to be with the kids. They'll do great. We have locks of Joni's hair that the kids are going to leave at their/Mommy's favorite rides, so as Bryant likes to say "Mommy will always be at Disney."

I'll be good until I walk down main street and realize I'm not holding her hand. And then of course when I watch “Wishes” because… well lets just leave it at, we both made several wishes her last two visits (with cancer).:sad1:

Thanks for the hugs:hug: guys. I'm glad Joni got to know a few of you on here; she had a lot of fun. I just wish she got to know more of you (but she got sick in April 09, so she wasn't on as much after that). She was a great person:). Our love was always Disney.

You'll think I'm making this up, but yesterday Kaili (our daughter) and I were cleaning out a room and we found a journal about me (that I didn't know about, luckily it was very flattering;)) that Joni kept when we first started dating 15 years ago. In it she actually had the ticket stub from our first Disney movie we saw together, Toy Story dated 12/5/1995. Funny how the world works, as Toy story 3 would be the last Disney movie we saw together, 15 years later. She passed away shortly thereafter, one week after our 11th Wedding Anniversary. She was 33.

It will be a bitter sweet trip. But her brother (w/fiancé) and Sister (w/husband) are coming with us to be with the kids. They'll do great. We have locks of Joni's hair that the kids are going to leave at their/Mommy's favorite rides, so as Bryant likes to say "Mommy will always be at Disney."

I'll be good until I walk down main street and realize I'm not holding her hand. And then of course when I watch “Wishes” because… well lets just leave it at, we both made several wishes her last two visits (with cancer).:sad1:

Gosh that all just makes me tear up so much. I totally believe you about the journal cause I did the same thing with my dh. Not knowing that a few years later I would marry him, I wrote all about the first day I met him and then the next few times I saw him. I just actually showed him the journal last year and he thought it was really neat.

Just got back home last night. It was a bit crowded on Saturday and Sunday, but nothing that was difficult to deal with.

Ha walk on for Space Mountain on Monday afternoon. We really didnt see long lines for anything but Toy Story Mania!

Tuesday morning we did extra magic hours and walked onto Soarin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter