January 2015 Car Rental Code Watch

I'm just starting to look at car rental reservations for our trip: Jan. 17-27.
I don't need the car for the entire time (really just need it for 1/19, but would be nice to have it for a few extra days), so have been playing around with various dates.
Staying on property at CBR, so thought Alamo at the Car Care Center would be easiest.. but the best I've found was Jan. 19-26, $211 for a mid-size, and that's using the AP discount and Visa coupon.
Kicking myself for not booking sooner.

I kept watching rates rise, then finally a few days ago, Budget started to come down on their larger cars. We got a mid-size SUV for 5 days for $158. Rella, I ran your dates -- Jan. 17-27, renting at MCO with Budget, and used the same codes I used -- BCD W810011 and Coupon Code MUWZ107 (I got both from mousesavers), and it says you can get a minivan for $205 or a mid SUV for $210. Ironically, smaller cars would be much more. Good luck!

I kept watching rates rise, then finally a few days ago, Budget started to come down on their larger cars. We got a mid-size SUV for 5 days for $158. Rella, I ran your dates -- Jan. 17-27, renting at MCO with Budget, and used the same codes I used -- BCD W810011 and Coupon Code MUWZ107 (I got both from mousesavers), and it says you can get a minivan for $205 or a mid SUV for $210. Ironically, smaller cars would be much more. Good luck!

Thanks so much! I'll check that out!

Alamo rates for a standard (full size) for my Jan17-24th dates are back down to the previous low I had seen them. $118 including taxes and fees when logged on as Alamo insider and then using Costco id 7014627 and coupon code AD2338FDF.

Alamo rates for a standard (full size) for my Jan17-24th dates are back down to the previous low I had seen them. $118 including taxes and fees when logged on as Alamo insider and then using Costco id 7014627 and coupon code AD2338FDF.

Are there any particular restrictions on coupon code AD2338FDF? This is a big improvement over the Alamo deal I had for the same time period, except that I'm worried about possible eligibility requirements like using a certain credit card, or possessing a paper coupon, etc.

Are there any particular restrictions on coupon code AD2338FDF? This is a big improvement over the Alamo deal I had for the same time period, except that I'm worried about possible eligibility requirements like using a certain credit card, or possessing a paper coupon, etc.

I think it's a VISA code, but hopefully someone can confirm!

I just finished up Alamo's online check-in using these codes. Since many internet postings do indicate this is a Visa-only code, I will use my Visa card. My hope is that if anything was off with my booking, the website would have said something rather than let me go through the entire process.

Hoping for the best! :scratchin

I just finished up Alamo's online check-in using these codes. Since many internet postings do indicate this is a Visa-only code, I will use my Visa card. My hope is that if anything was off with my booking, the website would have said something rather than let me go through the entire process.

Hoping for the best! :scratchin

I've actually never had an issue with any of the codes I've used, even though I try to book codes that I am legitimately entitled to, I have definitely gone into some rentals wondering if I would be questioned and I never have (oh and I almost always book Alamo)

But yes it looks like its a Visa code and you should pay with a Visa, the thread below has more about it...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3087752

So, I just created an Alamo "insider" account, and searched with costco id and coupon code above.. but the rates are still crappy.. $191.87 for 1/30-2/4 ECONOMY rental.. Am I doing something wrong, or have the discounts not shifted to that week yet? It does say $30 savings off of 221.87, though.. ;(

I leave in 3 days and I'm checking rates daily. It's looking like I got my best rate on 12/7. Alamo Intermediate-Midsize car, Sun-Sat, it ends up being 6 days 10 hrs. Annual Passholder's Code, no coupon $136 total. Today that same car is $251.

So, I just created an Alamo "insider" account, and searched with costco id and coupon code above.. but the rates are still crappy.. $191.87 for 1/30-2/4 ECONOMY rental.. Am I doing something wrong, or have the discounts not shifted to that week yet? It does say $30 savings off of 221.87, though.. ;(

So here is what I get when I put in your dates. Notice I did noon to noon, the price will be higher if your times are over 24 hour increments say noon pickup and 3pm drop off, they will charge you by the hour for those 3 hours or if you do a 10pm pick up and an 8am drop off they will charge you one less day but then charge you by the hour for the 10 hours. So try to make your pick up and drop off times as close together as possible (you do have to actually pick up and drop off at those approximate times though) At the Alamo website on the main page use the area on the left side of the screen to do your quote, you will check the "I am an Alamo Insider box and enter your password under it and you will click the 'Add discount code' arrow to add the Costco ID under Contract ID and the AD2338FDF code under Coupon code.

Good luck!

[/IMG]http://s69.photobucket.com/user/CherylACT/media/ScreenCapture_zpsc73edae8.jpg.html]
ScreenCapture_zpsc73edae8.jpg

So here is what I get when I put in your dates.

Thanks for that.. but it still shows $190+ on the rate after taxes.. I have a $165 rate reserved through Advantage Rent-a-Car using a 10% off coupon.. it was one of their "we'll surprise you with the car type" options.. I won't be surprised when I get an Aveo..

I'm still hopeful the rates may drop a bit before then..

Wow...rates are MUCH higher....duh, I know right? Last year, Hotwire had something like 7.95 a day. Best I am doing this year is 172 for the above dates.i have aarp, Costco,aaa..........anyone willing to take a shot and see if you can improve my luck?

I need a mid sized or larger...pickup in the terminal.....in/out around 11 am both days.....anyone?

Funny, I usually can score a better deal closer to my trip 1/24-1/31 but the best rate I got was a standard from Dollar for $158 (Estimated Grand Total- including taxes and fees) and I booked this back in Sept. I have checked consistently since then for all the major companies and nothing has come close. I am a Dollar express so we will be able to go right to the garage but last time (Jan 2013) I think we got a mid-size SUV from Alamo with the extra driver included so I guess I was spoiled. Still willing to pay for a car to have the freedom, convenience and happiness of my husband having a car.

Rates just dropped last night.. I just pre-paid for Advantage car for $129.26 for 5 days (1/30-2/4) with 10% off code DCRCM10A.

I read often that rates change when people use codes. If you make a car reservation and later find a code do your cancel your original and rebook?

I have tried many sites and coupons, but the cheapest car rental I can find is around $324.00 (total with taxes and fees) through Advantage. Does anyone know how I can lower that price, and use a rental company that is on site at MCO?

Thank you!

I see alamo prices are down a little bit this morning...luckily I reserved mine in nov. Watching the past few weeks the rental I'm watching was over 200....today it's back under 200. So you may want to check your prices this morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter