January 2018 Car Rental Watch

Autoslash gave me heads up my rates have dropped for my Midsize starting 1/10 (now just squeaking under a weekly rental rate as i switched airline carriers for my flights. Not sure if the prices have really dropped substantially or fact that I'm not weekly rate via a full 5 days is the difference).

All in, best i found was Hertz $150 via USSA & Alamo with $15 off & 7016141 $167

Not seeing the WDW AP produce anything thus far for 2018 rentals 15000:confused3. Usually best deal for me over multiple rentals this year.

Last edited:
I'm not getting anything good with the AP rate code either. The best I've found is the Wyndham rewards (7015071) and $25 coupon (AD2823JAZ)

Check your January car rentals prices today to see if it dropped, My price just drop $15.00 from yesterday. I use Costco!

I'm not getting anything good with the AP rate code either. The best I've found is the Wyndham rewards (7015071) and $25 coupon (AD2823JAZ)

Wyndham Rewards and the $25 coupon just got me a standard SUV for 5 nights for $285. Alamo was always a lot higher than my National corporate rate, even with the coupon code, until today!

BJs discount $25 coupon got me a midsize SUV for $273 with Alamo which is less then I had a standard for!

BJs discount $25 coupon got me a midsize SUV for $273 with Alamo which is less then I had a standard for!

I also found a Standard through Budget for 7 Days through Priceline for $236. I'll hold both for now. Im so glad to see prices going down some. Hope to break $200. Merry Christmas all!!

Rebooked the 2 cars and 1 minivan at Alamo and saved over $100!

Cars are within 25 or so of what I expect, but that minivan is still high.

I was able to get a 10 day economy rental through Alamo for $200 using product code AS1 and contract ID 7015309 (I think this is a Costco code so you may need a membership). It even came with an additional driver for free! It's certainly higher than I want to be paying but it's peanuts compared to the prices everywhere else is charging ($400-$500!).

Thank you for that.
I've' been checking for months and the best price was via costcotravel for a minivan - US 371.00 (Jan 13th to 21st, MCO to MIA). This code brought it down to U$ 304.33. I will keep checking closer to my dates to see if it brings down even further.

My Dollar rental...which had been at $192 since I booked it last July, is now $161 for next week (3-9). Booked direct at Dollar with AAA rate.

I use E-Z Rent a Car every time I gland I have never had a problem with them. I keep checking the price and I've saved $40 for a four day rental. Plus, its onsite so you don't have to shuttle to the rental place.

I've also noticed that they're pushing the mid-sized SUVs and crossovers. I wonder if they have a glut of them available in January? Right now they're cheaper than the budget putt-putts.

You're right. We really didn't want an SUV but they are popping up everywhere as the least expensive. Dollar's weekly rate was 204.00 yesterday.

Just got an email advising Dollar & Budget have dropped rates 2nd week of January for midsize cars - might want to check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter