January 2019 car rental thread

I’ve got Alamo via Costco for $403 for January 27-6th, standard size. This is quite a bit more than usual. If we weren’t going to universal twice I’d drop the rental.

I’ve got Alamo via Costco for $403 for January 27-6th, standard size. This is quite a bit more than usual. If we weren’t going to universal twice I’d drop the rental.
Keep watching. We have basically the same dates and a couple weeks ago I got it for $357 (alamo from Costco). I keep hoping it drops more.

Keep watching. We have basically the same dates and a couple weeks ago I got it for $357 (alamo from Costco). I keep hoping it drops more.

Check with autoslash.com I have a rental thru enterprise for 1/26-2/2 intermediate suv for only $217. You can also track a rate to see if it lowers

Ok so we booked a van through Alamo for 486 and some change. Today the van is down in price to 417 and some change, do I need to cancel my previous booking and rebook with the cheaper rate or is there a way to get the cheaper rate on our previous reservation?

My mom and I at this point are going 1/29 - 2/5. Right now we are saving $80 or more dollars by renting our car at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Thankfully are staying at SSR so it won't be difficult to walk over. We booked it via Costco. Hoping for a rate drop as well. Plus we won't have any tolls.

My mom and I at this point are going 1/29 - 2/5. Right now we are saving $80 or more dollars by renting our car at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Thankfully are staying at SSR so it won't be difficult to walk over. We booked it via Costco. Hoping for a rate drop as well. Plus we won't have any tolls.

Thank you for mentioning picking up a car at Disney Springs! Originally we were going to take Magical Express back to MCO to pick up a car before continuing our trip to Jacksonville. Never thought to check DS hotels. I did this morning (through Autoslash) after reading your post and ended up with same rate. Now we can spend some time at Disney Springs before walking over to get the car! Quick trip back to SSR to grab our luggage and we will be on our way!

Glad I could help! My mom had two ankle surgeries this year, so I'm hoping she can handle the walk across the street and over to the Hilton. We might grab lunch as a stop in between once reaching Disney Springs. We enjoy having a car because we are only doing the parks 2 days, and like to visit the outlets and might go to Tampa.

Autoslash notified me of better rates last night for my one-week rental in late January. I rebooked for a SUV with Avis, $187 all-inclusive, through the Priceline site. I was able to enter my Avis Wizard number as well.

Avis (via Costco) got even better today: intermediate SUV for one week at MCO, $175 all-inclusive. I booked it and will tell Autoslash to keep track of it for me. As a side benefit, I checked my online Avis account and the booking was in there, even though I had booked with Costco. This seems to work better than in the past, when it was hit or miss whether you would get the benefit of your rental-car loyalty arrangement when booking with a third party.

Avis (via Costco) got even better today: intermediate SUV for one week at MCO, $175 all-inclusive. I booked it and will tell Autoslash to keep track of it for me. As a side benefit, I checked my online Avis account and the booking was in there, even though I had booked with Costco. This seems to work better than in the past, when it was hit or miss whether you would get the benefit of your rental-car loyalty arrangement when booking with a third party.
wow. I looked earlier and it was still close to $400 for the 11 day rental. What are your exact dates? Maybe I just need to wait a few more days.

wow. I looked earlier and it was still close to $400 for the 11 day rental. What are your exact dates? Maybe I just need to wait a few more days.

I booked for January 19-26. I happened to check Costco randomly this morning, and saw the Avis deal.

January 26-February 2, Budget (via Costco) intermediate SUV $230 (had been hovering at $267 for a full size car).

Costco dropped my Mid-SUV rental Jan 13-20 to $178 today, but Budget not Alamo. My Alamo is at $227. Avis is $183. Maybe Alamo will drop too.

Does Budget let you pick your car, I really prefer to pick my own car, lol. I guess to save $49 I can surrender some control.

I just got an Intermediate SUV from Budget (through Costco) for 11 days for $294. That's $30 cheaper than yesterday and it's cheaper than the compact cars.

Was able to do a new booking for a van through Alamo today. The price dropped yesterday about $20 then I got an email wishing me happy birthday with a $20 coupon (my birthday was yesterday on Christmas Day). When I checked with the coupon the van was still about $395) and then with the coupon we’re paying $369 for the van! Woo! I’m really happy since when I first looked the prices were close to $600 and now we’re paying $369!

We’ll be doing a 9 day rental.

Just booked an Alamo (via Costco) minivan for $270 for 1/22-29, MCO pick-up. Had initially booked with Alamo for $425 a while back, so I'm very happy with the updated price! Tracking with AutoSlash as well.

My rate finally dropped today. It’s down to $320 for Alamo, standard car (so full size). I had budget as a back up for $302 for an intermediate suv but prefer Alamo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter