*** January 2019 Thread ***

I got the confirmation email (sent to my work email so DH doesn't see) yesterday that said they would arrive FedEx on Friday. I hope they get there before I go in to work at 1:00 or between 3-4 when DS will be home but DH won't be yet. Our FP day is tomorrow so I'll be a little late but oh well. Hopefully I'll get lucky since it's just two of us.

Tickets arrived on Friday when I was at work but DS was home so he was able to stash them for me so DH didn't see. I didn't get to do the FP picks till like 11pm and it was 3 days after our initial 60 days. I got everything I wanted besides SDD. If that's the only ride we have to stand in a long line for I'm cool with that.

We made it by the hairs of our chinny chin chins. The tickets arrived on Monday night and I just linked them today. Tomorrow is our FP+ day! Woo! A roller coaster of emotions.

Wilderness lodge 1/26-2/2 :)

I added you to the roll call, @Disneylovingmomof2! We are staying at Copper a Creek and I cannot wait to explore the Wilderness Lodge. We’ve been there for dinner but this will be our first stay there, and we are pumped!

We will be at Port Orleans Riverside 1/7 - 1/12! :earsboy::earsgirl:

I added you to the roll call, @WawaCoffee! I love POR... it’s so pretty there, and the boat to Disney Springs is the best!

Got my fastpasses done! I'm super-excited (sigh, even if Peter Pan is closed) We even managed to get Flight of Passage at the exact time I wanted it for.

I'm really excited for our full MK day. I decided not to worry too much about fastpasses for that so we can just wander around and enjoy it, so the fastpasses we booked are for the evening. Specifically:

We have Haunted Mansion 4:50-5:50. Sunset should be about 6:10. So if we time it right, we go in around twilight and come out at full dark. Then we go to Pirates, because let's keep that spooky vibe going! Then we have 6-7 fastpasses for Big Thunder, and (we'll have to book it a bit for this) 7-8 fastpasses for 7 Dwarves! After that, we'll watch the fireworks (I know we won't be early enough to get the Best Spot, but hopefully we'll still get a pretty good one), and plan on hitting Astro Orbiter to see the park all lit up at night (extra magic hours night).

So...yeah, I'm pretty stoked for that!

Sounds like a great plan, @Truxi! I always like to time an indoor ride at Epcot right around dusk so when we come out, the World Showcase is all lit up. So beautiful, it’s like walking into a new park!

Just booked the final pieces of our next vacation! :banana: It'll be me, DH, DS9, and DD5 going on our first-ever Universal Studios trip, staying at Portofino Bay from 1/18 to 1/23, with a one-day visit to MK on 1/22. So, no WDW resort for us this trip ... It's actually our first time staying off-site.

In case anyone here would be interested: Since we ended up switching our trip from WDW to US, I have a bunch of ADRs at hard-to-get times from 1/18 to 1/21 at BOG, Akershus, LTT, and Garden Grill at EP. I posted the details at:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...idelines-in-first-post.3693199/#post-59990462

PM me if interested in coordinating!

@LennyMachine, I added your single day at MK to the roll call! I hope you enjoy Universal!

Just switched our AKL standard room to Savanna view Club Level. I am so excited, this will be a first for us!

@tinabina919, that’s awesome! You’ll have to let us know how it goes! I often think about club level but wonder if we’d be at the resort enough to get our money’s worth.

We made it by the hairs of our chinny chin chins. The tickets arrived on Monday night and I just linked them today. Tomorrow is our FP+ day! Woo! A roller coaster of emotions.

@disney-inspired, that’s great! Let us know how your FP+ day goes!

@disney-inspired, that’s great! Let us know how your FP+ day goes!

Well, I was mistaken and it was actually YESTERDAY. I realized that late in the afternoon but was still able to get most of our desired FP - even FOP and Slinky Dog. But strangely enough Test Track was completely gone for our Epcot day. I'll try again for that later but it's not a huge deal.

37 days left! Still waiting on 2 of the 5 of us to get tickets though, so im not feeling great about being able to add them to current fastpass windows. One is getting a military ticket, so she has to pick it up next time she's on the base with her husband, and the other is just...bad about doing things ha. Oh well. Is what it is. We are also doing a 1 day, 2 park universal day. I did it back in 2017 to finally see the wizarding world and shed a tear when I saw the hogwarts express. Excited to go back!

Having trouble snagging a sci-fi dine in reservation on our HS day. Got 50s prime time for now but keep checking to switch since my friends want sci-fi more. Fingers crossed.

Huh. Is Muppets Great Moments In History ending? Or on hiatus? I went to check the times for the days we'll be there, and it keeps saying "no performance today" but it does have the times for the first week of january...

Well, I was mistaken and it was actually YESTERDAY. I realized that late in the afternoon but was still able to get most of our desired FP - even FOP and Slinky Dog. But strangely enough Test Track was completely gone for our Epcot day. I'll try again for that later but it's not a huge deal.

Wow, I’m glad you still got most of what you wanted!

37 days left! Still waiting on 2 of the 5 of us to get tickets though, so im not feeling great about being able to add them to current fastpass windows. One is getting a military ticket, so she has to pick it up next time she's on the base with her husband, and the other is just...bad about doing things ha. Oh well. Is what it is. We are also doing a 1 day, 2 park universal day. I did it back in 2017 to finally see the wizarding world and shed a tear when I saw the hogwarts express. Excited to go back!

Having trouble snagging a sci-fi dine in reservation on our HS day. Got 50s prime time for now but keep checking to switch since my friends want sci-fi more. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully a Sci-Fi will open up - lots of people have good luck just a day or two before...

Huh. Is Muppets Great Moments In History ending? Or on hiatus? I went to check the times for the days we'll be there, and it keeps saying "no performance today" but it does have the times for the first week of january...

Hmmm... interesting... it’s such a cute show, I hope you can see it!

I’ll be staying at All Star Movies from 1/5-1/13. If anyone is doing After Hours events 1/5, 1/7, or 1/8 let’s meet up and pin trade! I’ll be hopping around the World for most of my stay, can’t commit to just one park.

I’ll be staying at All Star Movies from 1/5-1/13. If anyone is doing After Hours events 1/5, 1/7, or 1/8 let’s meet up and pin trade! I’ll be hopping around the World for most of my stay, can’t commit to just one park.

I'll be at DAH on 1/7. Super excited!

As we get closer my irrational fears and anxieties are beginning to surface...mainly...one of us coming down with a stomach bug. After close to 8 years of being sick I’ve finally reached remission and I don’t want to flare again.

As we get closer my irrational fears and anxieties are beginning to surface...mainly...one of us coming down with a stomach bug. After close to 8 years of being sick I’ve finally reached remission and I don’t want to flare again.

@lookame, I think it’s natural to worry because we want everything to go so well. Just take good care of yourself through the holidays and make sure you get enough rest! I’m sending good vibes your way. :-)

I too am starting to anxious, but more around the possibility that we will not feel the same "Magic" as we did on our first trip two years ago. That trip was more of a last minute trip, so the planning was not as robust as this trip is and I feel it was one of our best vacations as a family. I just hope that all this pre planning does not cause the "magic" to be affected.

I am finding harder and harder to keep this club level upgrade a secret from my daughter! AShe is 13, hasn’t been to WDW since she was 7 even though DH and I have been going at least once a year. She finally decided to join us and I wanted to make it extra special. 39 days to go! Maybe I will tell her on xmas...

I too am starting to anxious, but more around the possibility that we will not feel the same "Magic" as we did on our first trip two years ago. That trip was more of a last minute trip, so the planning was not as robust as this trip is and I feel it was one of our best vacations as a family. I just hope that all this pre planning does not cause the "magic" to be affected.

@Kip Herner, I know what you mean. I just try to go in with no specific expectations of things being exactly the same as previous experiences and look for new magic instead. I always find it! I’m sure you will too.

It’s funny, people ask me why I keep going back, if I get bored of doing and seeing the same things, etc. I always tell them that every trip is a little different, but yet very familiar and comfortable. I can honestly say that every time I’ve gone (10 trips!), I’ve experienced new magic.

I am finding harder and harder to keep this club level upgrade a secret from my daughter! AShe is 13, hasn’t been to WDW since she was 7 even though DH and I have been going at least once a year. She finally decided to join us and I wanted to make it extra special. 39 days to go! Maybe I will tell her on xmas...

That would be a GREAT Christmas surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter