January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Does anyone else keep checking pricing, doing the math on what the historical "Stay, Play and Dine" deal was, with dining plan, without dining plan...??? I'm making myself crazy! :hyper2: We don't even have a trip planned, yet I've already got our trip and meals planned out in my head (and on paper). :)

Me too! Can't stop.

Hi all! A Disney spanish internet site has posted in twitter (@viajeromagico) some details about Stay Play & Dine 2018 promo. This site owns a travel agency in Argentina. They say it will be for stays between 1/1/18 and 3/10/18. All Star Movies and POFQ excluded. 2 day tickets base minimum. And that can be booked beginning 10/3. They are usually very solid when giving rumors. Anyone can confirm this?

Hi all! A Disney spanish internet site has posted in twitter (@viajeromagico) some details about Stay Play & Dine 2018 promo. This site owns a travel agency in Argentina. They say it will be for stays between 1/1/18 and 3/10/18. All Star Movies and POFQ excluded. 2 day tickets base minimum. And that can be booked beginning 10/3. They are usually very solid when giving rumors. Anyone can confirm this?

As I hear it, The Little Mermaid room at AofA is also excluded.

All of a sudden, the room types I've been waiting for are sold out. :( Time to book without a discount, I guess!

The site isn’t working well. I'd wait it out and see if it gets fixed. I just started looking for alternatives to my reservation and according to the site, no hotel has availability... which is impossible. So it might just be a glitch.

Glad I found this site. We are booked Feb. 24 to March 5th at Pop Century. Hoping for some kind of discount, anything would help. Going to follow along in here, fingers crossed coming out soon!pixiedust:

We switched our hotel just in case..we want GF but I can't stomach the rack rate. We were booked at Poly but I was told by a few people that the Villas are normally excluded (in a studio which is somewhat reasonable rack rate...standard view sold out when we switched to a split stay). We are at WL for now which we love but I am longing for the monorail loop from my childhood :).. Ugh I just want to know what we are doing! right now it's 3 nights POR and 6 at WL.

It's now showing what we want (All Star Music preferred) is not avalaible for our dates.

I don't know if I should wait it out or panic book a regular room. Or look for something else.

I checked today too and the Poly is all booked up. Something is up.

I told my husband to make sure I check every morning for the next two weeks.

I got panicky and just booked room only at Pop for 1/28-2/2. I don't see a modify button though. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up. Still patiently waiting for SPD!

We are going in late January and will stay at the Poly (our first time staying there!!) Should I go ahead and make the reservation for room only, and the make adjustments when the discounts come out, or should I wait to book until they release the discounts? Is there a "best way" to do this? Is one better than the other? Thanks!

I have been waiting on hold for a while now hoping to get some information about room availability. I had a reservation about a month ago at Pop for two rooms. I ended up cancelling them thinking we weren't going anymore. Now we've decided to go ahead and go, but yesterday I noticed Pop was sold out for our dates. I called today, and the CM confirmed it's sold out those dates (Jan. 27 - Feb. 6). I booked an AoA suite instead, but it's about $1,000 more, which I wasn't happy about. I decided to check other dates on the website and found availability at Pop for Jan. 29 - Feb. 8, but when I tried calling to book (since I need 2 rooms) I couldn't get through and hung up after 30+ min. because I had to get my daughter to dance. I checked the website again tonight, and now it's showing no availability at Pop those dates! Hoping for some better news from a CM.

Okay so I have been approved for the Disney Visa but I'm afraid I won't get it before SPD is released. However the card has already been attached to my MDE account so I can charge there. So I have a couple questions. I understood someone to say that when the SPD is released to card holders it won't be advertised on the website, soooo how would I know? Also, if I end up having to make a reservation over the phone will the phone reservationists be able to access the credit card in my MDE to know I have a Disney Visa?

I have been waiting on hold for a while now hoping to get some information about room availability. I had a reservation about a month ago at Pop for two rooms. I ended up cancelling them thinking we weren't going anymore. Now we've decided to go ahead and go, but yesterday I noticed Pop was sold out for our dates. I called today, and the CM confirmed it's sold out those dates (Jan. 27 - Feb. 6). I booked an AoA suite instead, but it's about $1,000 more, which I wasn't happy about. I decided to check other dates on the website and found availability at Pop for Jan. 29 - Feb. 8, but when I tried calling to book (since I need 2 rooms) I couldn't get through and hung up after 30+ min. because I had to get my daughter to dance. I checked the website again tonight, and now it's showing no availability at Pop those dates! Hoping for some better news from a CM.
Remember Pop is going through room update so that takes out a section of rooms, so less rooms available.

Is my understanding correct that there are separate "buckets" for the rooms that are included in the promo, so when the promo is released those rooms will become available? So although now it's showing no availability in some places (standard rooms at POR, for example), there may, hopefully, be rooms available when the promo is released? I currently have a room at POFQ but knowing that it probably won't be including in any promo I would be open to a new reservation at another resort if it would save $$$.

I have been at this now (planning) for nearly 4 years and if there is no availability right now, there is probably a 99% chance there won't be any rooms available for the discount ... The only reason would be if there is some sort of glitch going on right now that is showing no availability for some reason.

That is why we went ahead a while ago and booked but we can afford since Disney has been really cutting back on the availability for rooms under the discounts. In the grand scheme of things, it's better to wait to book but from what I've heard at this point they've already decided how many rooms they are going to discount. So in other words, if people book 6 months out, Disney would likely reduce the number of discounts available (no need to discount a room if everything is sold out) but at this point it probably doesnt matter.

We were supposed to go at Christmas time and the discounts were absolutely terrible ... The majority of people I know stuck with their reservations and did not cancel and that is how Disney gets away with not offering any discounts at certain times of the year. I don't think that is going to happen now though.

Okay so I have been approved for the Disney Visa but I'm afraid I won't get it before SPD is released. However the card has already been attached to my MDE account so I can charge there. So I have a couple questions. I understood someone to say that when the SPD is released to card holders it won't be advertised on the website, soooo how would I know? Also, if I end up having to make a reservation over the phone will the phone reservationists be able to access the credit card in my MDE to know I have a Disney Visa?

You really need to call at 7 AM or look on here ... there is no other way to find out if it is a visa release ( i'm actually not sure whether it's announced on the visa website but I don't think it is )... i've been checking every day at 7 AM by calling because I am lucky enough to work from home but it's still a huge pain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter