January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Hi all, I am following this thread closely as I have a trip booked from 1/28-2/3 in a POR Royal. It looks like last year there was not a significant discount at POR (10%?- found on another thread) so I'm wondering what should be on my list as a back up. When the discounts are released, will they list the resorts or types of rooms that are included or is it just a guessing game and I'll need to play with the reservation system to find the discounted rates? Is there a better (quicker) way to find the discounted rooms? I'm thinking I will be online vs. calling since it will be either early morning before phone lines are open or during my work day.

They will list the resorts and discount amounts that are (potentially) available under Special Offers online.

If you are trying to modify your existing reservation, theoretically you could do it online IF there is a room available of the same category for the same dates available at a discount.

Last edited:
Hi all, I am following this thread closely as I have a trip booked from 1/28-2/3 in a POR Royal. It looks like last year there was not a significant discount at POR (10%?- found on another thread) so I'm wondering what should be on my list as a back up. When the discounts are released, will they list the resorts or types of rooms that are included or is it just a guessing game and I'll need to play with the reservation system to find the discounted rates? Is there a better (quicker) way to find the discounted rooms? I'm thinking I will be online vs. calling since it will be either early morning before phone lines are open or during my work day.

Personally I go to the 'Special Offers' page and select the offer that fits the dates I want to visit. Once selected it asks me to enter the dates I want to visit. I don't select a particular resort so that when it searches it looks for all resorts that have that offer available during my dates.

A list of the resorts and their prices will appear. I select the resort or price that is in my budget and then take it from there.

In the case of the new offers that may come out, I will probably end up doing 2 searches. One for a Room Only discount and one for a Stay, Play and Dine (or whatever offers there are if there is more than one.) From there I will compare prices and book what best suits our family.

Personally I go to the 'Special Offers' page and select the offer that fits the dates I want to visit. Once selected it asks me to enter the dates I want to visit. I don't select a particular resort so that when it searches it looks for all resorts that have that offer available during my dates.

I just tried this. *While page loading* it said 11 offers available and after finishing loading it changed to 7 offers available. I feel teased.

For those of you who are still having issues with the WDW site loading, try using the incognito mode. Like someone else posted, I had been getting Stitch ate the page error (but mine was in French even though I am in the U.S.). When logging in using incognito mode, I don't get the errors.

Is SPD worth it versus a room only or other discount? I had crunched the numbers on the regular dining plan and the restaurants we have ADRs for and it didn't seem to make sense to add dining. Although it was close -- would SPD sway you to add dining when you normally wouldn't?

Is SPD worth it versus a room only or other discount? I had crunched the numbers on the regular dining plan and the restaurants we have ADRs for and it didn't seem to make sense to add dining. Although it was close -- would SPD sway you to add dining when you normally wouldn't?

It really is impossible to say for each person as there are so many variables that play into the numbers. (Dates, number of people, adults/children, resort, room category, dining plan and if so, which one, park passes etc.) My recommendation is that once the offers come out you will want to run numbers for your dates and party for both offers (if there are 2 offers) and then decide what works best for you. That's what I will be doing for our family.

I don't think they know when it's going to be..as I said before, we were told mid Oct., November, and even Dec 24th (really) for spring discounts.

Does the S,P,D offer differing types of dining plans? Is it like quick service for values and moderates and then regular with deluxe? or is the same across all 3 types of room?

Does the S,P,D offer differing types of dining plans? Is it like quick service for values and moderates and then regular with deluxe? or is the same across all 3 types of room?
Historically it's ALWAYS been QS Dining at Value; Regular Dining and Mod & Deluxe

Although completely unsubstantiated, there are concerns/rumors that they will make it QS at the Mod level this year too (based on the change they made to free dining).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter