Japan or China with 3 boys (8, 12, 14)

Yes, you will need a visa. It is complicated paperwork-wise, so we and many others paid a company to do it for us. I used Peninsula as that is who my work uses, but I believe there is another one that is well reviewed here as well though I don't remember the name.

https://www.peninsulavisa.com/
Thanks, getting someone to do it for me is a good idea. I did not even think of that.

They weren't the cheapest, but I used CIBTvisas, which is the company recommended by ABD (at least they were in 2017, I have no idea about now :) ). They were very easy to work with, and really knew their stuff, and once they accepted all my documentation, the next I heard was that I got my Visa. It's kind of frustrating, because there's a window of like 3 months where you can apply, and leaving it to that late was really nerve-wracking for me. But they do that because you don't know how long of a Visa China will decide to give you, and you don't want to get one that will expire before the trip is over. (They can be anything from 6 months to 10 years).
Yeah, I am definitely going to get someone to do it for me. Thanks for the advice.

Be advised it is impossible to get a tourist visa right now, but I'm sure things will change by 2023. I'm hoping to visit my former school in May 2022 in Beijing...crossing fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter