Jay-nee's journal

Jay-nee, Where ARE you???

Hope you're having a good week!!

Yep, decided to get back on here. :wave: Actually, I'm thinking about starting a whole new journal, but for now, here goes...

I'm doing EXCELLENT overall in life!!! Things are going terrific and my kids are doing AWESOME! Life is good as my bumper sticker says... I'll take it as you never know when that curve ball might come in...

Now, my issues... Yep, I'm up on the scale - I think I was 158 lbs yesterday, not bad, and 18 months ago, I would have been thrilled with that weight!!!! But, I liked the 145-148 lb range, it just felt good. Plus, with not working out, it's not a pretty 158 lbs!!! LOL :teeth:

So, my goals are to get back down below 150 lbs and work out regularly and make working out a priority in my life for the rest of my life. I eat great 95% of the time, so if I just cut out the OMG sweets (you know moo-lattes, blizzards, coffee with cream - see the trend here?), it won't take long at all.

The kids and I are almost 100% vegetarian now - and my energy level is pretty good. My energy level has been a problem for me for years - probably due to a high fat, high sugar diet. I still have to work on the sugar, especially in my head. I LOVE sweets... They are my demon. I have gotten away from the pastries though, which used to be my demon. Now, it's the high sugar/ high fat coffee drinks that scream for me!!!!!!! Can you hear them???

I was just diagnosed with high cholestrol and I have been modifying the fats in my diet for that anyway. I'm reading Dr Andrew Weil books, so far I like his philosophy regarding food and exercise. It helps me to stay focused if I'm reading about nutrition. My body doesn't handle artificially sweetened or colored foods well. ALL of the artificial sweeteners bring on migraines for me, so I have to be very careful. Plus, some of the new oils kick my IBS into really high gear - not fun!

My BIG news is that my house is on the market!!! The kids and I will be moving about 2 hrs north to a condo - we are ALL so excited. Now, just waiting and keeping the house spotless everyday is driving me crazy and taking away some of my precious family time, even though the kids help me too. So, moving from a farm to a condo will be a big move, but we all love the condo village and just can't wait. So, pray for us that the house sells quickly, without any problems, and for a good price - please? (thanks)

Oh well, speaking of which, I need to take a shower and get my son to his Dr's appt today, but I had been thinking about getting serious about my weight again, so here I am!

I'll write more soon and make a plan (eating and exercise) so it is documented - you know, so that I'm accountable. :rolleyes: No really! :goodvibes

Happy Friday to all... :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Jaynee--I am SO glad you are back!! i have missed you!

you do have alot of things going on! First--congrats on getting ready to move! i hope your house sells quickly and for the price you want!!!

Sounds like you are on your way to getting "back on track!" You know what you want to do, so try posting it and stick to it! Hang in there--i know you can get back to the weight you want!

Hey Jen - thanks for stopping by and wishing me luck too!

I did pretty well yesterday given the choices available. Plus, I played tennis with DS15 for 20 minutes or so too! I was good too when we finally got back home, I didn't eat anymore either! I wasn't really hungry and I'm trying to retrain my head to know if it is hunger or something else (boredom, etc).

Today, should be easier as I think we are just going to hang around. It's supposed to be REALLY hot this weekend, so I might have to break down and install one of the A/C units. I really didn't want to do that, but I don;t want the house to smell stale when we are showing it, if you know what I mean - humidity isn't nice smelling...

I have 2 weeks to loose 3 pounds as I've joined the "5" for June challenge. I figure if I loose 3 in June and 5 in July, I'll be mostly where I want to be. I'm going to join the June exercise challenge too for 500 minutes (just over 30 minutes a day) - a real challenge and it will help me make the 3 lbs too!

Oh, now for entertainment...the kids wanted to see Nacho Libre so we went - it's pretty good. Funny like Napoleon Dynamite - quirky, I'd call it.

We are aclimating the 12 yr old barn cat to become an indoor cat. Now that's my real adventure these days. Let me just say, thank God for Soft Claws - they have been a Godsend to my furniture, hands, etc. She is a very, very sweet cat and friendlier than any indoor cat I've ever had, but she just doesn't understand "manners." So, she's learning... And, it's costing me a fortune too as she was just diagnosed with kidney failure too. So after all this, she may only live 6 months --- as a princess! :rotfl:

Well, better go feed the pony. Happy Saturday! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Glad to see you back posting. Hope your house sells fast so you can have more free time.

I am spending my weekend in Biddeford. We are going to take part of Lynne's stuff back to NY. She wil be moving back on June 27 and spend next year in Watertown doing her first year of clinical rotations.

Have a great day.

Hi Kathy! - Thanks for stopping by... Hope things are going well in Biddeford!!!! I bet you'll have fun having Lynne back home - even though you probably won't see her much... Good luck to her!!!

I exercised for 45 minutes yesterday - 35 minutes walking with dog while trying to keep up with the kids rollerblading. Then 10 minutes of tennis. I let the dog run in the tennis courts and he cut his pad, guess we won;t do that again. Serves me right because he wasn't supposed to be in there anyway. :rolleyes: The only reason I did it was because I wanted to see if he would come when I called him, etc. He did pretty well... His paw seems like it is going to be ok, it's not too bad.

Eating was OK - not great, but ok. I am learning to cook low-fat and sometimes I forget and mess up. Yesterday was one of those days, DD12 wanted mac and cheese so I just started using up what I had in the fridge - all full fat versions and then proceeded to have 1 1/2 bowls of it... It was so good, but not good for me... Otherwise I did pretty good.

I have these massive cravings for iced coffee and those fancy coolattas, etc lately. I need to get away from these to reduce my dairy intake, but yum, so good.

These are my vices. Some people drink, some smoke, etc --- I just want a coolatta or iced latte or something. I'm working on it...

Today is supposed to be in the 90's and humid. It's pretty nice out right now though. Not sure what we will be up to yet, but it will probably involve going to the coast where it will be breezy.

Happy Sunday all! :sunny: :sunny:

Glad you're back Jay-nee!

I'm hoping & praying your house sells quickly. It is SUCH a pain to keep it ready to show!

Have a great weekend & next week!

Hi Julie - thanks so much for stopping by... just to get back here is a big step in the right direction though... Hope you're doing well. I'll check up on your journal soon too. :)

I seem to getting a bit more on track each day. It feels good. I'm always so busy with the house, it's overwhelming sometimes.

Today...I took down our pool. Such a sad thing, but the kids didn't want it anymore. Plus, not knowing when the house will sell, I really didn't want to be doing it when I should be packing. I'm gonna miss it though.

We had another showing today. The house and lawn look EXCELLENT, if I do say so myself!!! I'm really proud of myself for keeping up with all of this stuff. I truly could not have done anything else to get ready for this showing, so I hope it went well. I'll be thrilled to hear.

Hope you are having a good day. You seem to have things lined out to become a healthier you.

Hi Kathy! Thanks for stopping by... I'm really trying, so hard to get/stay on track though... Hope things are going well for you (and the girls too!).

Well, another day - so far pretty good choices (food wise)...

I'm really tired today. The kids & I will be heading up north to check out another condo this weekend and hang out with family. Looks like I'm going to have the next 2 weeks off after work tomorrow - if they don;t pull the plug on me...

The showing went really well, but they made an offer on another house they saw the same day. Too bad because they really liked my house alot and said that if the other house doesn't go through, they will make an offer on my house. So, now we're back to waiting for showings...It's so hard to keep up with the house all the time, it starts to wear on you after a while. Oh well, such is life, right?

Otherwise, haven't exercised yet today - I don't count walking the dog which I've already done twice today. But maybe DS15 will take a bikeride with me later.

Today is GORGEOUS! Breezy and sunny and just lovely... I could take this day in and day out.

Well, better get making some dinner.

Happy Wednesday! :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Jaynee,
Wow, as usual you are busy, busy, busy! Good luck on the house sale. Hopefully that couple will be back for yours.

I had to laugh at your cravy for colattas, etc. I went thorugh that last year. In the summer it was colattas and in the winter it was lattes! They do have fat free lattes, maybe they have ff collattas done with splenda? One can hope anyway!!!!!!

Take care. I'm so glad you are back journally. I'm going to try to hit mine at least once a week again.

Sunny

Jay-nee - did you get your bike ride in? i will be up in your territory again this weekend. After this, I won't be in Maine again until June 2008 when Lynne graduates.

The girls are doing good. Erin is currently working at WDW in Fantasyland as part of the college program. She likes it so well she extended her time from May until December. She is thinking about becominmg a permanent employee.

Hope you and your family are doing well. pixiedust: pixiedust: that your house selsl fast and for the price you want.

Have a great evening.

I am so glad you are back Jaynee! SOrry i havent been around this week, its been crazy, but i have been thinking about you! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Only have a few minutes - literally, so have to make this FAST!

Sunny, Kathy, and Jen (my buddies) - thanks for stopping by. :teeth:

I am heading to Bangor for the weekend and am trying to get out the dorr- yikes...

Been doing pretty good with my eating and exercising too. I had lunch with my Mom yesterday and she actually asked me what she could make for the kids and I while we are up this weekend. She knows that with my cholestrol issue that I am really trying. I was so happy she asked me. She wants to make strawberry shortcake for us. Then she said she'd have a cake for my Bday. I asked if we could just have the shortcake for my Bday instead, and she wa cool with that! Maybe we CAN make some headway after all. BTW, she is usually my biggest sabeteur!

Well, I'll catch up when I'm back. I'm bringing my bike helmet and hope to take a ride each day!

Happy Friday! :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter