Joe and Jennifer's DCL Vow Renewal PJ/TR~ CEREMONY FINALLY!!!

OMG!! I think i found the dress!! I totally did not expect to see anything i liked tonight at David's Bridal. But i think this is the one!! It is soooo light! It feels just like a silky nightgown, and I just love the train, it's the perfect size!!

bridal_gowns_detail.jsp

Very nice choices....Dress and DCL renewal:thumbsup2 My wife and I renewed our 10 yr. last Oct. on Castaway Cay, it was incredible...I'm going to share a few pics if you don't mind....
DisneyCruiseWeddingRenewalOct132-200.jpg

DisneyCruiseWeddingRenewalOct132-177.jpg

DisneyCruiseWeddingRenewalOct132-166.jpg

DisneyCruiseWeddingRenewalOct132-115.jpg

They took over 215 pics, I would love to share them with you...just PM me.

And if you have any questions about the trip, I would love to answer them.

I'm back from my quick little 4 day trip to WDW and i can now officially start on my PJ for our DFTVR in December 2009!! YA-HOOIE!!! :cool1:

Yeah, we're pretty far out right now so there isn't much I have done/can do right now. :guilty: But I can dream!! :lmao:

Let's see, shall i start with what I have so far, or background on DH and I???

OK, another report to keep up with, I just read Lynn and Tim's. I hope your wedding goes as well as her's.

OK, that's right, I'm a guy and no I'm NOT gay...my wife calls it "My homosexual tendences are showing again":scared:

I try and read a few when I can, I'm hoping someone will need a "FATHER OF THE BRIDE" to give them away....HEY, ANY CHANCE OF GOING TO DISNEY OR DCL IS FINE WITH ME>:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Plus, I'M an expert, I have given my 2 daughters away...:sad1: :sad1:

OK, didn't mean to start a new thread here...

If you have any questions about the renewal, just ask, I will try and help...

And if you have any questions about the trip, I would love to answer them.

I love your pics!! I'd love to see more!! I'll send you a PM!

As for questions, yeah, i got a few. ;)

1) I'm having trouble determining from all the different pics, Is the ceremony actually on the beach, or is it on the little wooden pier/platform I see in one of your pics?

2) your cake reception after the ceremony is in Palo, right?? Can you add hor-dourves to that reception? And i know the VR package says dinner the night of the ceremony for B&G only, but can you add your party also?

3) did you use group reservations to book your cabins?? how was that?

Ok, i think that's it for now.

Jennifer,

That dress is awesome. I love it and if I had a cute little shape like you, I'd want something like that. It's hard to find somethign lightweight for a destination wedding type. We want pretty, but want to be cool! Congrats on finding it!!!

Awwww....perfect dress! I love it, kinda similar to mine, trumpet style with not such a big train! PERFECT! Isn't it great when you find the "one!" :goodvibes

That is very pretty gown.....congrats:goodvibes

Thanks!! I'm so happy to have actually found something i like so early!!

What a great dress!:bride:

Thanks!!

That dress is absolutly beautiful! I'm so glad you found something! Isn't it funny? I found my dress the same way too- not expecting anything and just trying on for fun. Congratulations!!!

It's so funny, i went in with like 8 dresses to try one, and this one jsut one i picked as a "filler". :lmao: And it's the ONE!!

Beautiful dress!

Thanks!!

Jennifer,

That dress is awesome. I love it and if I had a cute little shape like you, I'd want something like that. It's hard to find somethign lightweight for a destination wedding type. We want pretty, but want to be cool! Congrats on finding it!!!

Thanks! Lightweight was definately a big concern! Some of the "informal" dresses were still so heavy and lots of skirts underneath! this one is perfect!

Awwww....perfect dress! I love it, kinda similar to mine, trumpet style with not such a big train! PERFECT! Isn't it great when you find the "one!" :goodvibes

It is great!! I'm glad to have that checked off my list. Now i just have to get up the courage to actually buy it! :laughing:

So i checked around online last night and couldn't find any websites that carry that dress!! Can you really not get a David's bridal dress anywhere else? I mean, all those online discount places don't carry DB?? I only found 1 on Ebay, but it was a sz 0. :sad2:

Another thing, the woman at David's Bridal said i would get the floor model. Why?? Can't I order the dress instead? If I'm paying $450 for a dress, I'd want one that not 100 other girls have tried on! Plus there could be snags on the lace and seaquins or pearls missing, PLUS i'd have to pay to get it cleaned BEFORE i wear it. Unless they plan on discounting it a lot more, I'd want to order a brand new one.

I totally understand about not wanting a sample dress. Were you able to find the designer of the dress? That would make it easier for you to search online. Or does David's Bridal not have designers and just DB style number? Can you order the dresses directly from the website? then you'd get a new one for sure.

Can't order from the website, and it's a Galina dress. I've checked on line, and can't find any like it.

That dress is gorgeous. I'd INSIST on a new gown and NOT the floor sample. Get it in writing on your receipt, too. I did this with 2 items I just "ordered" at Davids. I am sure if I hadn't put it in writing on the receipt, they'd have done whatever they wanted. You're right though, $450 is the price for a new dress.

I love your pics!! I'd love to see more!! I'll send you a PM!

As for questions, yeah, i got a few. ;)

1) I'm having trouble determining from all the different pics, Is the ceremony actually on the beach, or is it on the little wooden pier/platform I see in one of your pics?

2) your cake reception after the ceremony is in Palo, right?? Can you add hor-dourves to that reception? And i know the VR package says dinner the night of the ceremony for B&G only, but can you add your party also?

3) did you use group reservations to book your cabins?? how was that?

Ok, i think that's it for now.

1) Yes the ceremony was on the beach....between the family and the teen beach.

2) Yes it is in Palo...kids are welcome(the only time they are allowed in there). Don't know about hor-dourves, there was only 3 of us. I don't know about dinner, our son wanted to go to the club. I do know they have a big room that seats about 12, you may be able to resev. it if you call ahead...

3) We did have 2 cabins booked, but the other couple had to back out because of work. I was able to link dinner ressie through DCL.

Thank you!! And thanks for all the info! It's a big help!

So i completed the Save the Dates, and got the newsletter ready to send out!

SaveTheDateLadyandtheTramp-V2.jpg

JoeandJennifers10thAnniveraryCruise.jpg

JoeandJennifers10thAnniveraryCru-1.jpg

JoeandJennifers10thAnniveraryCru-2.jpg

JoeandJennifers10thAnniveraryCru-3.jpg

I'm going to send these out this week, with a letter explaining what we are doing, and how they need to book. Hopefully we get a few people interested in comeing with us.:thumbsup2

Those look great!! I love the clipart you added and your quote about the fairytale love.... I would come along;) Things are starting to move along :thumbsup2

So i never posted how DH and I met. It's an interesting and long story!! :lmao:

I left college after my Sophmore year to go work for a cruise line in the Children's Dept. (No, not DCL, they weren't around back then.) I stayed there for 2 years, learning more about myself, and other people, than i could have possibly imagined. It was such a life changing experience. :thumbsup2 In a good way!! I did some serious growing up on that ship, and it has totally shaped who i am as a person now. Anyway, after i left the ship, i had no money :rotfl: and had to move back in with my parents! YEAH, that didn't last too long. I got a job at a Travel Agency in town and moved out within 2 months. I had a roommate, but still wasn't making enought to pay all my bills. I still had student loans to pay, and rent, a car payment, and lots of cc bills. :guilty: So i had to get another job. But i already had a regular M-F 8-5 job, so what exactly could I do?? I certainly didn't want to flip burgers for $6/hr, i did that in high school, and i wanted a bit more money (had to start saving up for my Disney Vacations! :banana: ) So i got a job in a bar :lmao: Joe was the 1st person I saw in the bar. January 27, 1999 And funny, he was a bit of a jerk to me!! :laughing: Really, he wasn't a nice person. We didn't speak again for about another month, during which time i started dating the manager of the bar (Yeah, i know. All sorts of no-no's in this story:confused3 ) Well, slowly Joe and I started talking during work, (yeah he was a regular) and after about 3 weeks of talking, he finally got up the courage to ask me out. :love: He was so nervous about it, I just had to say yes. It was too cute. March 10, 1999 So I met him at Olive Garden (was smart enought not to tell him wear i lived. :rotfl2: ). Truthfully, i can't remember how the date went. But he says it wasn't that great. :rotfl: But at the end, i asked him when we would go out again. I had fun, he was easy to talk to. So we made plans for a movie later in the week. The next day he sent me flowers to work.! :love: :love: (he doesn't do that anymore:mad: )

But then he found out i was also seeing the manager guy. He didn't like that. Whatever!! Like after just 1 date it's supposed to be totally exclusive and whatever! Gosh, i didn't even kiss him (dh that is). So then we were back to not talking again.:rotfl: I don't think we had another date at all. Finally around the end of March, i wanted to buy a new car, and Joe is an automotive technician. Trying to make up with him, i asked him to go car shopping with me. Well he was still mad at me, but he went anyway. He was no help at all, and I picked out the cutest most adorable little car ever!!! It was a Suzuki X-90
(not my car - stock photo)
myx-90s.jpg

DH hated it, he called it a roller skate! :rotfl: (this bites him in the butt later)

Anyway, during this time that Joe and I are not speaking to each other, things with Manager guy are getting a little weird. He's older than I was at the time, and was looking to settle down. I didn't really want to. So on April 4, 1999 (Easter Sunday) we got into a huge fight and broke up. Even thought i did the breaking up, I was still upset about it. So what did I do?? I called Joe very upset, and he came over to make sure I was ok. He never left. :love: Seriously.

We went out for pizza and a movie that night (sunday), and he stayed the night.:rolleyes: the next night, Monday, we went bar hopping with my roommate, and stayed the night again.:rolleyes: Friday he asked me to marry him! :rotfl: I know what you're thinking!! It is insane, and crazy. And totally cliche, but "you'll know when you find him". :lovestruc

Now came the hard part! I had to introduce my Fiance to my parents! :scared1: And the worst part, it's not like we were in a different state!! My parents lived 5 minutes away from me. :rolleyes: So yeah, hey mom, how's it going, Easter dinner was great last week, by the way, meet my fiance. Didn't go over very well. But they came around, and now my entire family just loves him. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter