Joe and Jennifer's DCL Vow Renewal PJ/TR~ CEREMONY FINALLY!!!

Hi
wow you and your daughter looked beautiful ..your flowers were also :)
can t wait for more pics:surfweb:

Wow you looked AMAZING! I loved your flowers, can't wait to read more...and side note I LOVED the fact that someone sent you what appears to be a plate of GIANT cookies...yummy :)

What a great report you are doing! I am ready for more! Your family is absolutely adorable! Loved that you and your daughter got ready together!!!

I"m sorry!! I deserve to be banned from the DIS for leaving you all hanging for so long. BUT....the TV broke today! :rotfl: so I have 7-10 days to finish this report!!

Friday December 11th, Part 3 - Vow Renewal Day

We head down to the Cadillac lounge....

Melissa016.jpg

Melissa104.jpg

Melissa020.jpg

Melissa018.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

A quick family pic outside as Imran finalizes some details...
Melissa022.jpg

and the guys are off....
Melissa025.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

then Jackie....
Melissa023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

and then I'm off......
DSC_0025edited.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Melissa035.jpg

The Set Up:

I did end up going with all disney songs for everyone to walk in to. Joe absolutely would not allow the bridal march to be played, which was fine with me. I had a disk and walking instructions for Imran that I gave him during our planning meething the day before, and he had listened to the disk and made himself notes so he could que everything up proplery due to space constraitns....the lounge had a pretty small aisle. :rotfl:

Joe and Joey walked into to Little Wonders from Meet the Robinsons
Jackie walked in to Wish upon a Star
I walked in to Everyday from High School Musical....but just the begining portion.

DSC_0033.jpg

I like these because you can see the lace bunting they had up on the alter/gazebo thing-y.
DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

I have to say, from the very begining of the planning I said absolutely no way would we do an inside ceremony. Why pay all that money to have the ceremony in a dark lounge? I could do that at home for free!!! But obviously the weather was not cooperating with me. I will say again, I am SOOO amazed at the restrait I showed. Looking back now, I have no idea how I didn't go all diva-bridezilla on everyone for the rain ruining my day. But Imran and the staff did a really great job making the lounge look so nice and I was so focused on everything else.......I didn't even notice there was a car as the bar until looking at pictures at home!!

Without being able to do the sand ceremony I knew the ceremony would be really quick and it was.....I think the whole thing took about 5 minutes. But Joey still got antsy waiting around.
DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045edited.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Isn't my bouquet just BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so happy I went with the Roses.....it was a really tough decision as it really didn't match anything.
jen11.jpg

jen12.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0064edited.jpg

I never knew my face was so "angular" :blush:
Melissa039.jpg

Melissa044.jpg

Melissa052.jpg

Melissa046.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

Exchange of our new rings
DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

jen14.jpg

So we did our short ceremony, (which is on my work computer and not here.....i PROMIES i will post it tomorrow) and it was over. We must not have kissed really well because we didn't get any pictures of it. :lmao:
DSC_0085.jpg

We turned around and walked back up to Ever Ever After from Enchanted( which by the way is DH's most HATED movie of all time. :rolleyes1 )
DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

now it's time to party!!!

first we did a couple of group shots... or attempted to anyway.

Melissa057.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

Melissa059.jpg

Melissa060.jpg

Melissa061.jpg

jen15.jpg

my son attempting Rhinoplasty with the string to his turtle racer....
Melissa062.jpg

and Jackie channeling Rosetta
Melissa063.jpg

After group pictures we quickly moved on to our dance.... Then by Brad Paisley

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Melissa066.jpg

jen16.jpg

Then the kids joined us......it was so easy to dance in that skintight sheath and carrying a very heavy almost 4 yr old.

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

jen17.jpg

then my daughter designed to cut in on me. :rotfl:
DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

Melissa071.jpg

jen20.jpg

after our very quick dance it was time to cut the cake! I stressed and stressed and stressed about the cake for 18 long months!! in the end I had "settled" on their plain blank white cake with no decorationgs at all. I was even providing my own floral topper for the cake! (remind me again what i was paying DCL for?? I provided EVERYTHING for this VR!) so when I got on board i have no idea why i decided to show him the picture of the cake i really wanted....but I did. And he took it to the chef and he said they could make it!! I was so happy to get something other than a blank sheet, I couldn't care less about the black icing.

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

jen1.jpg

jen2.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Melissa073.jpg

jen23.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

we did smash the cake this time.....trashy and cheap, right.....I know. but it was a big thing at our 1st wedding and I made Joe swear on all that is holy that he would not smash cake on me at the wedding. so this time i told him it was ok....and he did. :naughty:

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Melissa079.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Time for outdoor pictures and dinner in Palo!!

We did a real quick toast with the :rolleyes1 "Champagne" ......

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

Melissa087.jpg

talked and mingled with our family....

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Our Journey necklaces....
DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

and a quick Group Shot...
DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

After cake and champagne, Imran told us it was already 530pm and we hadn't even gone out for pictures yet!! We had a Palo reservation at 6pm so if we planned on getting any pictures around the ship, we had to go. Plus we had 7 kids to get to the kids club and 2 "teens" to get to the dining room on their own. So we had to boogie. But after a quick look outside to check on the rain.......we noticed it was DUSK!!! Why the heck did NO ONE think to remember the sun sets earlier in December than July!?!?! We had missed all the daylight and if we wanted to get any pictures outside at all, we had to go NOW! So we didn't get anything on the inside of the ship. :sad2:

jen33.jpg

so we hop in the elevator....

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

Jen28edited.jpg

and get outside just as the sun is hitting the water....

jen29.jpg

could this day SUCK any more for me!?!?!? Have someone drop a plate of spaghetti on my dress to finish it off for me please!!!

jen39.jpg

jen40.jpg

jen38.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0289edited.jpg

we were prepared for an outdoor wedding in the bright caribbean sun.....as was our friend who did the photography. nighttime photography wasn't even a though. But I think we still got some great shots and am happy with the results.

jen27.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

Melissa111.jpg

Melissa112.jpg

jen42.jpg

jen43.jpg

jen44.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

kickin' back to finally relax!!

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

jen41.jpg

This was my hair as we left the ceremony....

DSC_0263.jpg

and this was my hair 20 minutes later as we walk into Palo....

Jen28edited.jpg

well that sucked.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That should hold you over for a few days. ;)

here is our ceremony:

Our Vows

On behalf of the entire ship’s complement, we are delighted to be part of this very special celebration, the renewal of Joseph and Jennifer’s commitment to each other made on their wedding day.
Joe and Jennifer,
During the intervening years, you have lived through sickness and health, pain and pleasure, failure and success.
Yet because of your love and commitment to each other, you have persevered through the bright sunlight of the mountaintops and the depths of the sea.
Your love has brought you to this joyous occasion, where hand-in-hand you renew your vows of love and trust in each other.

[Captain instructs couple to take hands]

These are the hands of your best friend,
young and strong and full of love for you.

They are being held by each other on this day as you renew your promise
to love each other for the rest of your lives.

The hands that you hold now are the very hands that will work along side you as you continue to build your future and life together, and share your innermost secrets, hopes and dreams.

These too are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other.

These are also the hands that will hold you when fear and grief threaten to overwhelm you.

These too are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children, and their children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

These are the hands that will be there to give you strength when you need it the most.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when becoming wrinkled and aged will be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

When you first joined hands and hearts 10 years ago, you did not know where life would take you. You promised to love, honor and cherish one another through all things. Life has surely brought you both wonderful blessings and difficult tribulations. And you remained steadfast and true to each other. Therefore, you have fulfilled your promise! So, as you come here today to reaffirm your wedding vows and as you reflect back over the years together as husband and wife, do you now reaffirm the vows you took 10 years ago? If so, repeat after me.

Vows:
[These are “repeat after me” responses]

Jennifer, please look into Joe’s eyes and repeat after me—

Joe – 10 years ago, I stood with you before family and friends and promised to love, honor and cherish you;
Once again, I take your hand as my partner.
Joe, I take you this day and for all days as my husband.

Joe, please look into Jennifer’s eyes and repeat after me—

Jennifer- 10 years ago, I stood with you before family and friends and promised to love, honor and cherish you;
Once again, I take your hand as my partner.
Jennifer, I take you this day and for all days as my wife.

Ring Exchange (Repeat after me)

Jennifer, please place this ring on Joe’s finger and repeat after me.

Joe, I believe in this marriage more strongly than ever.
it is with joy born of experience and trust
that I commit myself, once again, to be your wife.
And, I affirm this commitment by giving you this ring.
Wear it in memory of this moment and in honor of all the moments we shall share together.

Joe, please place this ring on Jennifer’s finger and repeat after me.

Jennifer, I believe in this marriage more strongly than ever.
it is with joy born of experience and trust
that I commit myself, once again, to be your husband.
And, I affirm this commitment by giving you this ring.
Wear it in memory of this moment and in honor of all the moments we shall share together.

Sand Ceremony

Jennifer And Joseph have decided to include a Family Sand Ceremony as part of their Vow Renewal. [Family walks to sand table]

These four separate sand colors before you symbolize your separate lives of each member of your family prior to today. I ask that each of you take one of the jars of sand and pour it into the empty vase. As these four containers of sand are poured into the fifth container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be divided again neither shall your family be divided.

Pronouncement of Married couple

Because Joe and Jennifer have remained committed to each other in marriage, and have witnessed this before family and friends, reaffirming their acceptance of the responsibilities of such a union, and have once again pledged their love and faith to each other, sealing their vows in the giving and receiving of rings, and their commitment to each other and their family with the sand ceremony, I do proclaim that they are still, Husband and Wife. Let all people here and everywhere recognize and respect this union, now and forever.

Blessing

Friends, watch these hands that you see before you this day.
May they always be held by one another.
Give them the strength to hold on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment.
Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love.
Help these hands to continue building a relationship, rich in caring, and devoted each other and their family.

May Joe and Jennifer see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter and guide.

Joseph, you may once again, kiss your bride!

Yay :banana: - glad you're back with the next installment! Your ceremony looked lovely. Your kids are adorable! Love your bouquet - the color combo is so pretty.

Yay! Thanks for adding this! Gotta keep your "fan club" happy, ya know?! :rotfl2:
We are also adding "The Blessing of the Hands" to our VR! I read the 'standard' DCL vr script and wasn't impressed. Definitely needed to add some more meaningful verses!
Sorry, your day wasn't as you'd imagined! :sad1:
You LOOKED like you had a great time though! :laughing:
I keep hoping ours goes off w/o a hitch. We don't have a "wedding party" of any kind so that should loosen things up a bit. It will just be myself, DH, DS 7, DS 9. DH thinks it's a lot of expense for just the four of us. I completely agree but it was important to me. So, he gave in! I pray it goes well or I'm NEVER going to hear the end of it! :laughing:
It's also important to me to get "married" outside. Otherwise, why pay for all this?!? I just didn't realize, when I booked on a NEW ship, that everything would be different than the other 2 ships and that there would be no outdoor venue! :scared1:
Guess I'll have to make up for it with great pictures outside....hopefully BEFORE sunset!! :laughing:
I need a few more ideas for some great outdoor shots.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter