Joe and Jennifer's DCL Vow Renewal PJ/TR~ CEREMONY FINALLY!!!

Your pictures are beautiful! Where else can you get married and have pictures taken all over the world! It is funny how the pictures you liked the best were taken in a country you didn't think you wanted to visit - but they all turned out great.

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 9TH - Epcot

Breakfast with the princesses!! YAY! Woke up and off to Epcot for Akershus at 8am.

Melissa777.jpg

Melissa780.jpg

Stopped for a few pics by the Topiary's.
Melissa782.jpg

Melissa783.jpg

Melissa784.jpg

Melissa785.jpg

Checking in at Akershus and waited just a few minutes before we were ushered in.
Melissa786.jpg

Melissa787.jpg

We meet Belle as soon as we walk in.
Melissa788.jpg

Melissa789.jpg

We walk in and are seated in the corner right next to "the" door!! SCORE!! WOO HOO the Princesses will come to OUR Table first! Our Waitess told us we could make it up to the buffett before the 1st Princess would be coming out, so we hurried up to get the kids some fruit and pastries, and the Pancakes and Eggs were waiting when we got back. I LOVE Family style meals.....less time we have to spend away from the table with the kids trying to make a decision from 400 options on the buffet.

Back to our table and we eat for about 5 minutes before Aurora Rose comes out! :wizard:
Melissa792.jpg

Melissa793.jpg

Then 5 minutes later comes Cinderella....
Melissa795.jpg

Then Snow White! :yay: I LOVE how quickly they were coming!! Just enought time between the visits to get a few bites to eat.
Melissa796.jpg

Melissa797.jpg

Melissa798.jpg

Melissa799.jpg

Melissa800.jpg

Our last princess was Ariel....and Jackie of course had to ask her where her fins were. They must coach the princesses because the answer was a good one, not that i can remember it now.
Melissa801.jpg

Melissa802.jpg

Melissa803.jpg

Melissa804.jpg

After breakfast we still had a few minutes before Future World opened so we tried to get a good picture of each land.
Melissa805.jpg

Melissa806.jpg

Melissa807.jpg

Melissa808.jpg

Melissa809.jpg

Melissa810.jpg

Melissa811.jpg

Melissa812.jpg

Melissa816.jpg

Melissa817.jpg

Melissa818.jpg

Melissa814.jpg

Melissa815.jpg

Finally Future World is open and our 1st stop of the day is definatly to get on Test Track.....neither Joe nor I have ever riden it and it was definatly on our to-do list. And WOW Jackie was actually tall enough to ride! OMG you should have seen her face, it was like her most favorite memory of the whole trip.

Melissa819.jpg

Melissa820.jpg

Melissa821.jpg

Melissa822.jpg

Melissa823.jpg

Melissa824.jpg

Melissa825.jpg

It was AWESOME!!! Jackie LOVED the ride and was so ready to go again, so we grabbed some FP and hopped in line again. 2nd time was even better.

Poor little Joey....he must have sat out about 45 minutes of riding. So he had to settle with new Cars toys....Lug and Nut
Melissa826.jpg

After 2 rounds of Test Track and a set of FP for later, we walked over to Innovations West and walked around for a bit exploring the recycling exhibits and the wind house? That was a bit weird, but Joey enjoyed seeing the huge garbage truck and firetrucks inside. :D Then it was time to FINALLY figure out what this whole Journey Into Imagination thing was. It was cute, i can understand now everyone's obsession with Figment, he's a cute little guy. Yeah, the kids weren't impressed that much though. :rolleyes:

I'm going to say we decided to leave the park at that time. I really wanted to spend all day looking around the different Lands and having the kids do the kidcot stations and fill out their passports, but i was outvoted in favor of swimming. :boo: So by 11am, we were on our way back to Ft Wilderness get enjoy the pool. I will admit that it was a very relaxing day and the kids, yes and me too, had a really great time at the pool. But it's very hard for me to NOT be in the parks all day long. We have pools here.....granted not cool themed like at Ft Wildreness, but still...it's a pool. Luckily there were no more floaty's in the pool.

Melissa caught the shuttle back to the cabin to get ready for our evening back in the park while we caught the shuttle up to the beach area and walked around just enjoying the scenery and peace and quiet. (can you tell i can't remember what we did and without my camera, i'mjust grasping at straws. :P )

I know we had to be back at Epcot by 445pm because we had a reservation at Coral Reef. The kids had a wonderful time looking at all the fish in the tank and we had a good dinner. My steak was good, but fishy tasting, which Joe laughed at me and said that's what i get for ordering steak instead of fish. After Coral Reef we did one more run on Test Track, then Jackie, Melissa and I went on Soaring. GREAT ride, another one that I was suprised that Jackie would want to do, and actually enjoyed it! I knew that Joe would hate the ride, as he doesn't do motion rides, so it was totally ok that it was almost time to head out for the dessert party.

And of course, since my camera was lost, i have no pictures from the Dessert Party but wanted to say it was a GREAT TIME! I don't remember eating anything, and i don't think i really watched any of the fireworks, but it was great to finally meet everyone and talk with everyone. I so wished we didn't have to rush out after the show, but my kids were dead tired and depseratly needed to get to bed.

Up next.....TIME TO CRUISE!!!

Thursday December 10th - SET SAIL!!!

It's time to sail!!! WOOO HOO!!! OMG we were soooo ready to hit the road and get onboard!! We were so ready to relax and unwind after a long 5 days at Disney and to totally be pampered and spoiled. (little did we know that would NOT be happening :gah: )

The plan was to be on the road by 9am because I had told my parents, sister and brother that everyone woudl be meeting at the Terminal at 10am so we could all check in and board together. Well....that didn't happen.

We got up and still had CS credits ( yes i planned it that way!!!) so we packed up and headed over to WL for breakfast at Roaring Forks. And I wanted to show Joe and the kids what the resort was like. So off to WL we went and enjoyed our last breakfast. Thought Roaring Forks was pretty good, what can you expect from a food court. What i did NOT expect was how incredibly tiny the seating area was!! OMG you could fit like maybe 50 people in there! It was nuts!! How we managed to snag a table i have no idea but we did. After breakfast we had a few minutes so we walked around the pool area and waited for the geyser to erupt, but it never did. So we headed back to the car and set out on our way, 845am.

Now our 1st delay happened because my brother didn't want to drive down alone. Remember he was here in Orlando, staying at some timeshare resort on International Blvd and wanted to caravan down to the port together. Fine no big deal, we'll meet him at his hotel and we'll all go together. Not the best idea. He had already been on WDW property when they met us at DTD. We had no idea how to get to Int'l Blvd. I knew it was close....but yeah....not exactly sure how to get there. And all the damn roads are all named the same thing!! UGH we were soooooo lost it wasn't even funny. Thank goodness for unlimited minutes because we finally found them at 950am!!! YES!!! It took us over an hour to figure out where they were!! *** didn't they just drive on their own!! UGH so now we are wayyyyy behind schedule!! My sister calls us before we are even on the highway and says she and mom are already at the port. OMG now i feel like crap!! I HATE to be late, it is a serious issue with me. And now my sister, her husband and their 4 kids, plus my parents, are all going to be sitting at the port, alone, for over an hour before we get there. UGH!!

Luckily Joe drives quickly and we made good time. But we had to make a quick detour because my nephew forgot undershirts. :boo: Sister wants to know if we can quickly stop at Walmart and pick him up some before we get to the ship. Sure! No problem, it's not like we are running behind or anything!!! :yell:

So we find the closest Walmart to the interstate and get him some undershirts. Back on the road and 5 minutes later we SEE THE SHIP!!! OMG driving over the bridge and getting that first glimpse of the boat is sooo wonderful!! Everyone was excited and clapping, the kids were laughing and giggling, it was so great! We were finally there!!!
(not my photo)
A_PortCanaveral_00.jpg

coming over the hill and seeing the ship for the 1st time
Melissa833.jpg

Melissa836.jpg

Melissa839.jpg

Nope, not really. Mapquest directions suck *** and took us to the port authority, NOT the ship! Directions around the port are NOT as helpful as they are at WDW. So we spent another half an hour driving around trying to figure out how to get to the ship that we could all see!!! We finally pulled out to ship at 1150am! Almost 2 hours late!!! :gah:

Joe drops us off and goes to park the car, while we get all the luggage settled and go thru security. Let's see, we had 3 suitcases, plus the kids 2 rolling suitcases, my garmet bag with mine and Jackie's dress, PLUS 2 very large 20x12x12 boxes that had the chocolates, flowers, and cake topper for the VR. The porters were not happy to see us. Add Melissa's luggage and my brothers luggage for his family of 5, and he brought beer and baby food too. :lmao: Yeah, we had a lot of stuff to load in.

Make it thru security, up the escalator and finally WE ARE INSIDE THE TERMINAL!!!
(again, not my photo...:lol:)
ears_entry_in_terminal_holland.jpg

My photos in the Terminal
Melissa845.jpg

Melissa846.jpg

Melissa848.jpg

My family is all checked in and are sitting over by the Kids Club registration. Amy (my brother's wife) and I head over to check in. As a DFTW bride, I was able to use the Concierge Check in, which was a good thing as the general check in line was HUGE!!! We got all checked in, and I received my first note from our On-Board Wedding Coordinator, Imran! :yay: It said to meet him at 3pm (which I already knew, but it was nice to get an official invite!)

We went back to our group and I handed out the Welcome Bags and goody bags for the kids. Everyone was rather bummed they didn't get a t-shirt. :lmao: After 18 months of listening to everyone ***** about having to wear matching t-shirts, i decided to kill the idea. Now we are on board and everyone wants one. UGH! Whatever. They all really enjoyed the bags and I am glad that we did them. Inside the adult bags were the Bear Necessities bag that had clorox wipes, tylenol, hand sanitizer, 1st aid kit, and a baggie of kleenex. Everythign came in very handy, espicially the 1st aid kit and i swear every single child tripped on the deck and skinned knees and palms. :idunno: The kids bags had little coloring books, disney expandable wash cloth thingy's, crayons, stickers, key chains, and autograph books (which actually one 1 of the kids used. My brother said his kids (5 and 3) were too young to understand. WHATEVER!! ) The 2 older boys got $25 disney gift cards they could use in the arcade.

We couldn't have stood there for more than 10 minutes before it was time for us to board! YAY so excited and ready to go!! We found whoever had the lowest boarding number and we all went in with that group. :rotfl: Hey, i'm the bride....i can do what i want. And i DID have my ears on! :love3:
059.jpg

060.jpg

We get on board and automatically the 1st thing we do is find food. :lol: It's been a long morning for everyone. The CM's onboard were trying to direct everyone upstairs to BeachBlanketBuffet, but I knew that we could go sit down and eat in Parrot Cay. Since we would not be eating there for dinner, we headed there 1st.
Dining_ParrotCay_02.jpg

Melissa854.jpg

Melissa855.jpg

Melissa856.jpg

Melissa857.jpg

Melissa858.jpg

Melissa859.jpg

They sat us in a section off to the side and we managed to get all 18 of us seated together. We had a great window view of the harbor and saw some of the other ships docked. Then we saw Tory and Thad walk in and hilariously my brother's daughter, the 3 yr old, starts laughing and giggling telling everyone she sees Ariel. :rotfl: Now no one is paying her any attention because we think she's looking at a painting or a statue, not realizing she thinks Tory is Ariel! :lol2: It wasn't until the end of the meal as we walk by them and stop to say hi that Lucy calls her Ariel. :love3: It was cute. Lunch in Parrot Cay was ok, the kids had corn dogs, joe ate a lot of cold shrimp. We left when it was time to finally find our cabins.

With the exception of my brother who had to be in a larger cabin because of his family of 5, we were all on deck 6, within shouting distance of each other. Mom and Michelle had adjoining cabins with Michelle Dave and the boys in 1 cabin, and mom dad and the girls in the other, and Melissa was directly across the hall from them. We were down about 10 cabins from them. time to hang up our fish extender!
041.jpg
Everyone got in and dropped off their carryon's and headed out to deck!!

On Deck
Melissa860.jpg

Melissa861.jpg

Melissa864.jpg

Melissa867.jpg

First place we stopped was the kids club. We wanted to let the kids look around and get excited for it later on! It was soooo cool!! There was a big jungle gym type slide in the middle, and little game rooms off to the side, tvs and computers all over the place. They were both so excited to play and were less than pleased to find out they couldn't stay right now. We had to bribe them with promises of treats and cool drinks up on deck.

UP on deck we walked around and looked at everything, enjoying our frosty cool beverages and just taking it all in. It was rather cool, cloudy and windy which did not set up a great mood. Finally it was time for my 3pm meeting with Imran so I left Joe and the kids with everyone else and went down to finalize all my details.

Imran was very sweet, efficient, and seemed very dedicated to ensuring that the VR was as perfect as I had planned it to be. We went down to one of the conference rooms and set to work on everything that Brianna had given to him. Suprisingly enought, most everything was correct. The 1st problem we encountered was the chair situation. I had given him a list of stuff to be set out, the fans and programs, flower petal cones, how i wanted the sand table set up, and all that stuff. He asked where i had gotten the idea there would be 16 chairs set up? :confused3 Um....well i have 16 guests that i had to PAY EXTRA FOR...why would there not be chairs available for everyone? Seems that even though you are allowed to have up to 20 people on Deck 7, they only have seating for 12......2 rows of 3 on each side of the aisle. There were no extra chairs available, and very little room to seat them. He assured me it would be no problem as everyone would be standing anyway. I told him that people were probably standing as there were no chairs available!! I was pissed off!! NEVER had anyone stated that the extra guests I had to pay for would be required to stand on deck in the hot Bahamian sun during the 20 minute ceremony, cake cutting, toast and dance!!! We never came to an agreement, so in a way i'm glad we got rained out because my family would have found chairs and drug them up to deck 7 themselves! Our next issue was the sand ceremony. no way no how was he budging on this one. I assured him that the sand was perfectly clean, still sealed with plastic in the bottle it was bought in, and we would do it ourselves, no problem if the captain didn't want to say it. Nope, he wouldn't budge, we couldn't even take the sand out of our cabin and do it ourself. Fine, whatever, i'm not that pissed as I really didn't want to have to worry about the sand getting messed up on teh way home anyway. (atleast i wasn't that pissed until I got home and saw that Tanya who had just gotten off that day from her VR had gotten to have her sand ceremony and Imran even set up the table for her!!! :headache::headache::headache: ) We went over the ceremony order, the music, setting up the aisle runner and petals, cones, cake table and how to arrange the table in Palo with the favors. He said he would even come by the cabin later that night to pick up everything for Palo and would ensure it was set properly. He told me that the flowers I had orderd from Perfect Gift were delivered and they looked good, he would make sure they were in Palo for dinner also. (this was all stuff Betsy had to do on her own and i was prepared to, so i"m glad he offered to do it for me) At this time we went over the cake design. He had everything correct, flavor and size, and even knew that i wanted absolutely NOTING on the cake and I had provided my own cake topper. That's when I showed him the 2 other cakes i wanted.....the one with the Mickey heads on it, and the Happily Ever After cake. Imran said he would check with the chef and see if one of them could be done, but he couldn't promise me anything. I said that was fine, if they could do it, i'd be happy, if not, no big deal as I was already expecting the plain one.

With that I gave him the CD of music and we were off to Life Boat Drill.

Melissa879.jpg

Melissa880.jpg

Melissa881.jpg

Sailaway Party
Melissa885.jpg

Melissa887.jpg

Melissa890.jpg

After life boat drill, we head back to start unpacking and make sure all our boxes were delivered. In addition to the obnixious amount of stuff we brought....I also had 3 boxes sent ahead!! We get to the cabin and i have NO BOXES at all!! :eek: EEK! Time to call Imran and freak out! I gave him a description of the boxes and he had them found and delivered to us in less than 15 minutes! YAY

I had the Exotic Rasul booked for 8am friday morning....but our 1st problem came up as the kids club didn't open until 9am. I didn't want to ask anyone to watch the kids at 8am, so I ended up cancelling. totally sucks as I was so looking forward to it, but what could i do?

Our show was before dinner, and we were off to the Golden Mickey's. I wasn't sure how the kids would be sitting thru the whole show....would have rather take them to the kids club and then enjoy the show and dinner by ourselves. But they wanted to see it and ended up being really good through it. The show was really good.....I enjoyed it and the "pre-show" was really cute with the kids talking.

Our 1st dinner was in Animator's Palette. :love: Was sooooo excited to see this restuarant. It was so cool!! Yet this is where everything started to go down hill. :scared1:

600-Animators-Palate.jpg
(stock photo)

There were 18 of us in our party......We had 3 tables....a big round of 10 and then 2 smaller tables pushed together for another 10......I was kinda happy to see that we had extra room....you can never have too much table room when you are at a table with 6 children!! And then in walk Tory and Thad!! :banana: (our photographer!) then it becomes.... :eek: How in the world did they get put at the same table as us!?!?!? Coincidence?? no idea...but I can assure you.....my family is too much for Dh to handle at times.....I knew that we were going to freak Tory and Thad out. Besides that....THEY WERE ON THEIR HONEYMOON!!! Why would DCL put them at the same table as 9 children!!!?!?! It took less than 2 seconds to see that Thad was very uncomfortable, who could blame him!?!?! He'd met/seen me for all of 5 seconds at the DP the before, and now he was surrounded by 17 other obnixious people. I felt horrible......:guilty:

I told the waiter and assistant waiter that 7 of the kids would be leaving for the kids club when the counselors came at 9pm to get them, so we needed to order their food and get it quickly. All 20 of us order our meal and make chit chat as we watch the restaurant change colors. Appetizers and soups come out shortly, then the kids meals come out at 8:55pm. :mad: I should note.....we were seated at 815pm. NO ONE had any drinks yet.......and only 6 of the kids meals were delivered.....the counselrs were at the door and Jackie still didn't have her pizza!! WTH is going on?!?!?! Becuase of the mix up with the food, the counselrs left with 1/2 the kids and the other 1/2 had to quickly finish then Amy (SIL) and I took the other kids up, but Joey refused to go. He was really tired and was getting very grumpy. He was going to become an issue quickly. The assistant waiter finally takes a drink order, and our food comes out. I can't remember what I had, I know it was a steak because the waiter did actually cut my steak for me as I had Joey almost asleep on my lap. I was pleased with that one, but I shouldn't be because i've had the waiter on RCCL and CCL both cut my meat for me....and I didn't have kids on my lap then. Maybe my dresses were cut lower then? ::laughing: About 1/2 way through our meal, we get a Page....Jackie is done at the club and ready to come home. :rolleyes: That was it, it was almost 10pm, everyone was grumpy and tired......we left our meal and took the kids back to the cabin. Missed the show, missed seeing the complete transformation, missed DESSERT! (yeah, that still pisses me off!) But it really needed to happen. So the 4 of us were back in the cabin and in bed shortly after 10pm.

So at the end of day 1, I had already been disappointed by our wedding coordinator, almost lost all our VR supplies, had to cancel my much needed spa appointment, the kids were seriously disappointed with the kids club, our dining room waiters sucked ***, and so far....I had yet to experience the "Disney Difference". It was definatley NOT the start to our WONDERful cruise. Will it get any better???

Up next....Saturday...Nassau....the torrential RAIN....and an automobile accident?? How serious was it??

Looks like a fun breakfast at Akershus -- we got the table across from the one you were at last time we ate there and we too loved being first in line for the Princesses!

Sorry about all the hassles on the first day of the cruise. Geesh, not sounding magical! That is really strange that they don't have extra chairs for the extra guests.

Looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

Reading though your TR and I just had to pipe in! I need to look back at the actual date of your VR, bit I went for my 2 nd cruise, my DF 's 1st on the Wonder for the 4 night Nassau deal that left like 12/6? Anyway, must be lots of new crew mbers because we had the same deal with the beverages and kind of generally spaced out dining staff! It didn't rankle as much to is, but our whole dining group and NOTmousefest group felt the se! There was plastic left on deserts a couple times and I found a fingernail, well, somewhere you really don't want to find one. Ick! My previous cruise was a breeze, no such issues at all. We are going again on the Dream for our honeymoon. Side mote, as strong as you feel about DCL is how strongly I despise Vista spa!!! I did services on both cruises and their selling techniques are so rude and flagrant and high pressure I actually had to make my fiancée go return some products the masseuse just basically sent to my room at the tune of $150! And I've not come across a salon person who didn't seem right out of school and it's like they are robots. Everything they talk or ask you about is a complete sales ploy to try and get you to say something that means you have no reason to not spend all your money there!!

Anyway your dress is gorgeous and congrats! Let you know if the 3rd DCL experience proves on the 2nd'

I have to say that I am totally jealous of your cake! Like you and the sand ceremony, I was told absolutely no changes to the cake. The one I got was really yummy, and pretty compared to the disaster at our at home reception, but you got what I wanted. LOL!

I'm also jealous of the epcot pics. We did get some good pics, but you got some really artsy ones and lots of editing. Like hand colored b&w. We got no editing what so ever. I don't know if it was b/c she thought that we would want to do it ourselves - she knew we were photographers, or if she was mad at us! I did show up without my dress on. LOL! I cannot control the traffic woman.

Your photo pass pics are awesome. You guys got to do a lot of stuff I have never seen. I didn't know you can meet Mike and Sully. Kenzie loves that movie! And we have never been to the Akerhouse. Looks like you guys had fun.

You have loads of wonderful photos of the kids meeting the charaters.

It really sucks you didn't have a good cruise, I loved mine.

I may have said this before but your Epcot pics really did come out well! I'm so sorry the cruise did not turn out for you. Our experiences were polar opposite, and I'm really sorry for that. I'll definitely be tuning in for more! :surfweb:

Sambycat, I think we were on the same cruise, 12/6. A very memorable cruise for both of us! Can't wait to read your wedding TR see what you think of Dream! :goodvibes

Sorry about all the hassles on the first day of the cruise. Geesh, not sounding magical! That is really strange that they don't have extra chairs for the extra guests.

Looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

I know!! Who thinks to have wedding guests stand for a ceremony?? especially in the Caribbean sun!?!?!?

I'm so sorry to hear your first day was so rough...I hope the rest of the trip went better :goodvibes

Eh....it wasn't horrible....

Reading though your TR and I just had to pipe in! I need to look back at the actual date of your VR, bit I went for my 2 nd cruise, my DF 's 1st on the Wonder for the 4 night Nassau deal that left like 12/6? Anyway, must be lots of new crew mbers because we had the same deal with the beverages and kind of generally spaced out dining staff! It didn't rankle as much to is, but our whole dining group and NOTmousefest group felt the se! There was plastic left on deserts a couple times and I found a fingernail, well, somewhere you really don't want to find one. Ick! My previous cruise was a breeze, no such issues at all. We are going again on the Dream for our honeymoon. Side mote, as strong as you feel about DCL is how strongly I despise Vista spa!!! I did services on both cruises and their selling techniques are so rude and flagrant and high pressure I actually had to make my fiancée go return some products the masseuse just basically sent to my room at the tune of $150! And I've not come across a salon person who didn't seem right out of school and it's like they are robots. Everything they talk or ask you about is a complete sales ploy to try and get you to say something that means you have no reason to not spend all your money there!!

Anyway your dress is gorgeous and congrats! Let you know if the 3rd DCL experience proves on the 2nd'

Ew on the fingernail! and as bad as this sounds, I am glad to know that atleast someone else had a "not so magical" cruise.....makes me feel a bit better. As for the Vista Spa....I wasn't impressed with how they did my hair, but I was pleased they did allow my daughter to go in and get her's done. so i'll give them stars for that.

I have to say that I am totally jealous of your cake! Like you and the sand ceremony, I was told absolutely no changes to the cake. The one I got was really yummy, and pretty compared to the disaster at our at home reception, but you got what I wanted. LOL!

I'm also jealous of the epcot pics. We did get some good pics, but you got some really artsy ones and lots of editing. Like hand colored b&w. We got no editing what so ever. I don't know if it was b/c she thought that we would want to do it ourselves - she knew we were photographers, or if she was mad at us! I did show up without my dress on. LOL! I cannot control the traffic woman.

UGH don't get me started on the Sand Ceremony.....which is still sitting sealed up in the box, undone, 8 months afterwards. :headache: I still smile about the cake....I mean come on....black icing.....but atleast it was what I wanted. and it DID taste heavenly! :woohoo: And my Epcot Shoot is the only thing I am 150% so pleased we did. I LOVE all of our pics and my hair was great and Dh had a good time....seriously, we should have just stopped there. :rotfl:

It really sucks you didn't have a good cruise, I loved mine.

I'm glad you had a lovely time......We'll give them another chance once the price comes down.

I may have said this before but your Epcot pics really did come out well! I'm so sorry the cruise did not turn out for you. Our experiences were polar opposite, and I'm really sorry for that. I'll definitely be tuning in for more! :surfweb:

Thanks!

I will continue on.......

Saturday December 11th - VOW RENEWAL DAY!!! :love:

After a long and, let's face it, crappy night....we all relaxed and stayed in bed until 8am! :cool1: Even being an inside cabin, my kids won't sleep in. So we got up and got dressed and headed up to Beach Blanket for Breakfast. Met some of the family on the way....

I do have to say that I enjoyed the variety of food that was served up at BBB. The kids had mickey pancakes, I had an omlet one day, there was always fresh fruit and pastries.....cereals.....pretty much everything anyone could want for breakfast, it was there. And all I had to do was ask a waitor for some Soy Milk for Joey and he got it....so much better than dinner. :thumbsup2

Since my original plan was to be pampered and scrubbed in the Exotic Rasul that morning, we didn't really have any plans. We figured we would get off and explor the straw market for a bit, then just hang in the pool. My sister and her family, my parents and Melissa were all going off renting mopeds and exploring the island.

It was much warmer down on the island that it was up on the ship! Ugh it was so muggy and humid and sticky....i'd forgotten how horrible it can get in the bahamas....to think i did that for 2 years. The heat...and the wonderous "sights" of Nassua, not to mention the walking, did the kids in before we even left the port. But we persisted and made it to the straw market, went in one end and walked straight out the other end. :rotfl: We did buy the kids these adorable little turtle things....then headed back to the ship for some fun in the pool!!

It's probably about 1030am when we hit it back up to the pool. We see my brother, sil and their kids up there. It was nice to finally just kick back and relax, no where to go, nothing to hurry up for. the kids had a great time in the pool, Jackie just have gone down their little waterslide a million times. Joey was too small....and Joe was too big. :rotfl: (Our next cruise must have a waterslide for the WHOLE FAMILY!.....it's the LAW now :lmao: ) Cooking with Ratoutille was supposed to start at 1115am and Jackie had been talking about that ever since we saw it online! She was so excited to do it.....but once she was in the pool, the kids club lost out. So no ratoutille for us.

Suddenly this HUGE BLACK cloud appears out of nowhere, and i mean NOWHERE!! Torrential rain begins to fall on us so hard and fast it's hurting!! We scramble to get our 2, plus my brother's 3 kids out of the pool, all our camera's and phones and Ipods and shoes scrambled up and out of the rain. Ugh what a mess. Delaney slipped on the deck and skinned her knee, so they ran down to the cabin to clean her up, we went in for Lunch.

Joe asks me at lunch about the rain. I'm so not worried.....it never rains for more than 20 minutes in the bahamas unless you are in hurricane season.....the sun will come back up and it'll be hotter and more humid than before. As the rain starts to fall harder and harder..... :scared1:

We hung out in BBB for lunch for almost an hour!! Just waitng and hoping the rain will stop. It lets up a little bit...then just starts all over again. Jackie and I have our hair appt's at 2pm, so we decide to head down to the cabin and get stuff ready. We aren't in the cabin for more than 5 minutes before Imran calls and said the captain moved our ceremony inside to the lounge. I have to give myself a huge pat on the back for not completely loosing it and having a hysterical fit right then and there. Could my VR end up any further from my dream than inside a dark crummy old lounge!?!?!? I remember duing the planning phase, Brianna told me that if our group got any bigger, we'd have to move inside as Deck 7 only holds 18 guests. I knew we were still waiting on answers from 4 grandparents....if they said yes, we'd be inside. I told Joe that i would tell my brother and sister not to bring their kids before we went inside to do it! I can have a ceremony at home in a dark crummy lounge! why would i want to spend all this money to not be out IN THE SUNSHINE with the BEAUTIFUL BLUE OCEAN right behind me!??!?!

But...there was nothing that could be done....it was raining, and even if it did stop soon, it had rained so hard for so long, the deck was soaked and it couldn't dry in time.....I didn't want to risk slipping and falling in my heals and dress. So we were moved into the Cadillac Lounge. New invitations were delivered to all our guests (Dang it, except my videographer girl....I had a girl on my DIS Cruise group who was going to video for us......I didn't have her cabin assingment so she didn't find out we were moved. no video for me.) I personally called everyone and left messages too, just to double check, then Jackie and I headed up to the Vista Salon to get our hair done.

I was worried about taking Jackie up to the adults only salon. I knew that she would act like the perfect little lady and no one would be bothered by her, but i wasn't sure if someone else would feel upset that they bent the rules and let her in. But as we were finishing up, a little boy walked in for just a general hair cut. So obviously that no children rule is pretty worthless.

I have to say that i wasn't really impressed with either of our hair. I wanted my hair to be done exactly like Beaute Special had done it for our Epcot shoot, and while it was kinda the same, the curls were no where near as big and fluffy, and it fell sooo flat. and Jackie had this annoying bang thing going on.
DSC_0023-1.jpg

I hate the way it was just hanging there...annoying me.

We left the salon about 330pm and found Tory waiting for us outside the cabin! And Joe and Joey asleep inside! :rotfl:
DSC_0019.jpg

UP next....Pictures finally!!

(side note.....I did mention the car accident teaser. As i said, while we relaxed on the boat in the pool, everyone else rented mopeds on the island. on a tiny little dirty island where they drive on the wrong side of the road. there were 2 seperate accidents. Melissa and Michelle both pretty much did the same thing, wiped out turning a corner. nothing was serious, but they both got some serious road rash, and Michelle had the moped fall ontop of her and she couldn't get it off. She limped around the rest of the cruise and had a huge nasty lump on her ankle. and this was all before the rain! :rotfl: they were lucky enought to be at Fort CHarlotte when the rain came and we almost drowned inside the fort!
Melissa008.jpg

Melissa said about 30 seconds after this pic was taken, the rain started. and that staircase was full of water within 3 minutes. :rotfl: )

Getting Ready :

My flowers and Jackie's rose wand had been delivered while we were getting our hair done. I was sooooo happy with my flowers. It was a big concern for me, as I wanted to make sure the colors were right and not too reddish. I LOVED my flowers! They were perfect, I was so happy I went with the roses. I got the Rose Want (and Palo Flowers to be seen later) from Shirley at The Perfect Gift in Cape Canaveral. She's highly recommended on the DCL Forum and I can see why. the Wand and flowers were beautiful.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Whew...one thing i didn't really think about was the crappy lighting inside the cabin. we had an inside cabin so it was all artificale light, and had this funky orange glow to everything. So I was trying to redo what Lane had done for the Epcot shoot, and I normally suck at putting makeup on, so considering the circumstance, I think i ended up looking rather normal and not clownish. :thumbsup2

I figured it was best to do my make up and stuff like that before we needed to wake Joey up. the longer he slept the better it would be for everyone. :littleangel: So Jackie and I got ready in total silence, except for the click of Tory's camera.

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

Little man slept thru it all....
DSC_0047.jpg

Jackie is just about done.....

DSC_0051-1.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

Jewerly time.....

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Time to wake up the little one.......

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

After we got Joey dressed, we thought to keep him happy, we would go thru some of the toys and stuff he got in the Fish Extender.

DSC_0090.jpg

the little blue bag and pink bags were made for the kids by their Grandma Bobbie and filled with all kinds of toys and coloring books......we used that to keep all his Cars and trucks from the Fish Extender in to keep him happy and entertained during the wait.

DSC_0091-1.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093-1.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

with daddy and Joey dressed, and bag filled with toys to keep him happy, off they were towards the Cadillac Lounge to meet Imran.

Next it was time to get Jackie dressed......

DSC_0100-1.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0109-1.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0118-1.jpg

and she's ready to go!!!

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Flowers and Mickey Purse!! (Thank you Lori!!)

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

up next.....mommy gets ready!!

Friday December 11th, part 2 - VOW RENEWAL DAY!!!

Once Jackie was dressed and ready to go....I had to hurry and get dressed. I was running a bit behind schedule, and Imran was supposed to be there to get in me in about 15 minutes!! YIKES!!

first, stuff my big ol' mommy body into this tiny little piece of fabric. :lol2:
DSC_0137.jpg

then try and zip up my dress while my daughter is laughing at me.
DSC_0141-1.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0144-1.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0151-1.jpg

DSC_0155-1.jpg

Once I wrangled myself into the dress, it was time to see to my flowers. I had a Lady and the Tramp pin that I wanted to attach to my bouquet.
DSC_0162-1.jpg

DSC_0168-1.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

DSC_0173-1.jpg

DSC_0176-1.jpg

I never got it and just gave up and did it at home on my other bouquet.
017.jpg

018.jpg

See what I had to work with!?!?!?!
DSC_0179-1.jpg

After that it was time to touch up the makeup....
DSC_0182-1.jpg

add perfume.....
DSC_0188.jpg

and grab my handkerchief.
DSC_0191-1.jpg

A quick pic with my beautiful princess.... :Tink:
DSC_0195-1.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

and Imran shows up just about 10 minutes late. At the time it was no big deal that we were running behind, but now I realize that it seriously cut into our daylight for pictures.
DSC_0199-1.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

and we're off!!!

You didn't get a lot of luck did you. You look beautiful even with the stress.

Jen-
You looked so gorgeous!! And I like your hair, its kind of mermaidy, perfect for the cruise!

Jackie looks like a little doll!

Thanks for the "shout-out"! :goodvibes
I'm so glad I could help out and be just a small part of your's and Joe's special day!

Joey is too cute when he wakes up from napping!! What a face!

I can't wait for more!! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter