July 2015

I got 'em!!!

Super easy ADR morning for me...woke up at 445 (but if truth be told, I was awake way before that...I was so excited, lol) and opened my tabs. Started booking at straight up 5am and was finished by 5:09.

We have:
7/14 - 1230 pm at Prime Time
7/15 - 11am at The Plaza
7/16 - 530pm at Artist Point
7/18 - 8am Tusker House
630pm 'Ohana
7/19 - 9am Kona
530 Biergarten
7/20 - 630pm Be Our Guest (Might end up cancelling this later on)
7/21 - 8am Crystal Palace (another we might cancel, but not sure)

We just changed our trip from June to July 23-Aug. 1. We will be staying at the Boardwalk villas with the hopes of maybe getting a few nights at the Poly when that opens for DVC booking.

I asked to join the FB group. ;)

We are booked for July 3rd-10th! We are staying at PO FQ. I can't wait!!! I have been to Disney twice long ago with my mom, and I can't wait to go back as a mom with my own daughter (plus my boyfriend and his daughter).

Our DVC waitlist came through YESTERDAY! :jumping1:

We were waiting on one night in a VWL Studio during July 4th week :rolleyes: but we got it.

So now we have 2 nights in a VWL Studio and then 4 nights in a 1BR at OKW!

And yet...we still may take a chance and see if we can snag a studio room at the new DVC Polynesian Resort for those same two nights. We have always wanted to return to the Poly but no DVC there meant it wasn't happening. Now we just may try for it when they open up the reservations for it later this month! :-)

Hi! We are going to Universal Orlando July 10 and WDW July 11-12, then to the beach. So our park time will be fast and furious! (But we like it that way). Haven't made Disney Hotel reservations yet, hoping for a discount code to come up soon. And I can't decide if I want to try Orbitz or not. I know that I can make my reservations then add a discount (or cancel/rebook with Orbitz), but am still just kind of mullling things over. We have a party of six so deciding between two rooms and a suite, and the discounts would affect that decision.

I did make two ADR's though, which is a first for me, I've never planned ahead this far. I just don't think we can know which park we will be at, and what time, for dinner on our second day which is our park hopping day. We're more about rides than fine dining and minimizing our ride wait times.

We've been to WDW in May, June, July and August only. So heat and crowds is all we know! :) But we manage lines great and don't wait in them very often. I honestly don't know that July has been any worse heat or crowd wise than any of those months (even May, surprisingly). Out of about maybe 10 visits, I only remember ONE day at Magic Kingdom where we were SO HOT and it was SO CROWDED that we almost left at noon; we were just dragging ourselves around. But we stuck it out. From my summer visit experience, 1-5 is the hardest time with heat and crowds and after that it all gets easier. We deal with the heat and crowds by getting there at opening, having an early-ish lunch when the park is starting to really fill up, doing shows stuff like Small World in the middle of the day to rest (or going back to the hotel); if we are staying in parks all day we will schedule an early dinner at a table service and take our time and rest, then hitting it hard in the evening again.

Going to join the Facebook group! Let's keep each other posted for July discounts (hope we get some!)

TS

Heading out for a 2 week split stay in July. Staying at Ploynesian Lake View and OKW 1 bedroom. Can't wait!!!!!!!!pooh:

42 days!! Can't wait to stay at CBR for the 1st time! 1st solo trip too!
Solo trips are fun! I did one about two years ago. Really nice just walking around the parks at my own pace, no husband or kids to complain or dictate where I went.

Have a great time!

Still can't believe June is here already. I'm not trying to wish it away but I have a feeling these next few weeks will go by very fast. Three weeks and 2 days until we leave for Disney. How is THAT possible?? :hyper2:

I realize I never updated our plans, but we are doing a split stay between Poly DVC Studio and BLT 1BR. We have always wanted to return to the Polynesian for a stay. We are there pretty much EVERY trip usually to eat at Kona Cafe or Capt Cooks so we always "visit" but it will be great to stay there. I am envisioning our first July trip as one with LOTS of waterpark and pool time with some Disney Theme Parks in the evenings only, but we'll see how that goes. We also plan to do a lot of cooking and eating in the room to save money. My hope is to really keep this very low cost, with the room being "free" using our DVC membership and the parks and waterparks already paid for last year as we have a DVC discounted Parks and Waterparks pass. We are driving to Florida from Maryland, nonstop beginning early our first day.

I did splurge on two tours for this trip. My DH and son (who turns 11 on July 5th) will be doing the Behind the Steamtrains tour one morning. My youngest son loves trains so this should be fun for both of them. We also decided to do the Animal Kingdom Safari Tour as a surprise to the kids. This one is a bit pricey but hopefully worth it and I think they will enjoy it too.

I have only a handful of ADRs and I'm not even sure I'll keep those. No Character meals this trip. Definitely a different way for us but we've been enough that I think this will be a nice change of pace.

We just booked a last minute trip for the middle of July! I'm actually planning on talking DH into buying APs for DD and I as I have enough frequent flier miles for us to make a few short trips over the year. Fingers crossed my master plan works (who am I kidding he won't say no to us :) )

Family reunion time in 3 weeks. My DW and I can wait to see my family from Canada again. My DW will see my sister again , and meet my niece and her children 5 and 7 years old for for the first time. My DW is so eager to spoil my great nieces since we only have sons. BBB, CRT, and Senses at GF here we come. A day at TL in our private cabana, and staying at Kidani Village to see the animals.

Now all I have to do is to teach my DW some french phases since my great nieces speak only french. LOL:tongue:

We have reservations at the Poly CL from 15th to the 25th! First time staying at Poly. Heard it has one of the best CL on property. Can't wait! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter