**July 2020**

I saw a video about how things are going to be in Shanghai and it has really made me sad. I just don’t see how it can be even close to a normal vacation if there are no meet and greets. I have said all along if they were open, I would go, but this was going to be our last trip for several years (we are saving up for a big graduation trip for my oldest). My 6 year old hasn’t been since she was 3 so this was going to be the first trip that she might remember anything. She is so into characters and believe they are real still. I just don’t know if I want her to miss that. We are throwing around the idea of a short resort only trip (if pools are open) and then going next year. I just don’t know what to do and wish I knew what was going to be open when we go.
The character thing is one of the reasons why I cancelled. My daughter will be 4 and we did go last year - but what she remembers most from that trip is meeting the characters. When Olaf touched her nose - he was so silly. She talks about meeting the Beast and Belle. To us, it wasn’t worth the money if you couldn’t meet the characters or if she’d have to stand 6 feet away from them.

Plus we had an early July trip so I was pretty confident that we’d have most of the restrictions.

This is quickly becoming a we’re not going in July 2020 thread:( good luck to everyone:)

Yup. This is how it started for May as well. Last time I cancelled, I lost my mind and gained 5lbs. :crazy2: I really don’t need that happening again. I’m still holding out hope for our July 7th trip. At this point, I’ll be ok with a resort only stay (and restaurants at DS of course).

Hello everyone! I rescheduled an April trip (The boy’s Marching Band trip) 😭 to A quickly in July 28th-31st POP Century. It will be my husband, 17 yo Son, and myself. Free Quick service

We are up for whatever we are able to do. Ill have masks for us all that we will put on when we can’t properly socially distance, which I don’t foresee being an issue.

No parades or fireworks aren’t a deal breaker either. Now close Haunted Mansion, RoR, or Jungle Cruise... well that could tip the scales. Lol

As of now, the boy doesn’t know about the trip. Partly because I don’t want him to get his hopes up, partly because I may wake him up at 4 in the morning the day we leave and surprise him.... hmmm or tell him the night before. Hahaha

We shall see.

I also have a girls trip planned also at POP with my 21, 19 yo daughters in September that we have planned for year.

This is quickly becoming a we’re not going in July 2020 thread:( good luck to everyone:)
Well we still have not only our July trip but our June trip and will go on both if they're open! I don't even know what would be a "deal breaker" for us; maybe if only 1 park were open and no pool? But no character meets are fine and no parades/fireworks are fine and I can certainly be happy eating in DS every night. At this point we just want to GO!

By checking back in the app, I’ve managed to get FPs to top rides every day except one. Each booking is a bit of excitement and happiness followed by the pessimistic observation that it’s probably from people cancelling and the likelihood of the trip happening decreasing. But just keep swimming...:fish:

At this point I'm hanging onto our July trip by a thread. There are only a few "deal breakers" for my family, which would be mandatory masks, pool closure, and lack of or limited TS options. But aside from that I was really hoping for a June opening so I'd have at least a few weeks of data to make a decision based on. Now that it looks like that's not happening, I'm not sure how willing I'll be to PIF by end of June when the parks haven't even opened yet. Ugh, this is so frustrating!

I’m a May/June refugee. I’m planning a graduation trip for my daughter which has now also turned into my honeymoon since Covid cancelled that trip, for July 12-17 at All Star Movies. It’s the third time I’ve had to move my trip, so I’m really hoping for some pixie dust that it actually happens.

At this point I'm hanging onto our July trip by a thread. There are only a few "deal breakers" for my family, which would be mandatory masks, pool closure, and lack of or limited TS options. But aside from that I was really hoping for a June opening so I'd have at least a few weeks of data to make a decision based on. Now that it looks like that's not happening, I'm not sure how willing I'll be to PIF by end of June when the parks haven't even opened yet. Ugh, this is so frustrating!
I’ve been feeling the same way. I was booked June 1-6, but the tipping point for me came when they took down the ADRs and Fastpasses Friday so you couldn’t change anything anymore. I decided even if they did open June 1, I think it’s going to be chaos and I wanted a couple weeks to see how things are working so we can plan accordingly.

I am jumping over to July! We were scheduled for June 14-20, but closure were getting too close for comfort so we moved our vacation to July 12-18 at Bay Lake. Hope everyone stays healthy and think positive during these difficult times during the COVID-19.

Welp, did my fast passes this morning for my 7/10-7/14 rescheduled trip today. Wasn't able to get FOP on any day, wasn't able to book anything other than shows for HS on 7/11, but was able to get Slinky at 7:55 pm on 7/13.

That said, for 7/11 pretty much everything at any time was available for Magic Kingdom except for 7DMT (which we're not huge fans of anyway *gasp! 😉), so did all right switching my idea of HS fastpasses that day to MK during the early afternoon just to have something. We'll still ropedrop HS for a RotR boarding group and are willing to drop the MK fps if they conflict with our boarding time.

All in all, not ideal, as my original Memorial Day fastpasses were darn near perfect. BUT I'll be at Disney (fingers crossed it's open) and we'll make the best of it.

Now the tinkering begins to hopefully pick up a FOP or an earlier Slinky!

My dds’ dance recital was just tentatively rescheduled right in the middle of our Disney trip. We won’t know anything definite for a few weeks. I can’t decide if I should take it as a sign to just cancel, try to reschedule or maybe just do a short resort only trip. It’s hard to make a decision when I don’t even know if Disney will be open then and what it will look like (character meets, fireworks, parades, etc.).

My dds’ dance recital was just tentatively rescheduled right in the middle of our Disney trip. We won’t know anything definite for a few weeks. I can’t decide if I should take it as a sign to just cancel, try to reschedule or maybe just do a short resort only trip. It’s hard to make a decision when I don’t even know if Disney will be open then and what it will look like (character meets, fireworks, parades, etc.).
Which resort? A resort only could be a nice getaway.

My hope bubble is getting a little bigger for my end of July trip. We are prepared to wear masks if we have too. I have cute fabric traditional ones, and plan on making some veil types so it’s easier to drink While walking around if those are acceptable.. They are all small enough that we can bring several into the parks and change them out as needed. Once back at the hotel, wash them out and hang dry. I would prefer no masks, but am prepared if that is the only option.

I love Universal coming out directly and saying masks are mandatory, and if you don’t have one, one will be provided. My guess is Disney will follow.

Im on “Team Make it Work” But I’ll say my family does have a lot of trips under our belt and that makes a huge difference. I know for a lot of people that isn’t the case. If we don’t see a show or fireworks we will next time.

We are fine being the Guinea pigs. It falls into the category of being walked off a ride back stage when it breaks down.

Which resort? A resort only could be a nice getaway.

My hope bubble is getting a little bigger for my end of July trip. We are prepared to wear masks if we have too. I have cute fabric traditional ones, and plan on making some veil types so it’s easier to drink While walking around if those are acceptable.. They are all small enough that we can bring several into the parks and change them out as needed. Once back at the hotel, wash them out and hang dry. I would prefer no masks, but am prepared if that is the only option.

I love Universal coming out directly and saying masks are mandatory, and if you don’t have one, one will be provided. My guess is Disney will follow.

Im on “Team Make it Work” But I’ll say my family does have a lot of trips under our belt and that makes a huge difference. I know for a lot of people that isn’t the case. If we don’t see a show or fireworks we will next time.

We are fine being the Guinea pigs. It falls into the category of being walked off a ride back stage when it breaks down.
We are thinking Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We booked a backup trip for the week after the dance recital. I’m still hoping that they will change the date of the dance recital because I don’t want to move the dates of my trip. It’s a lot more expensive because I won’t have free dining. I’m leaning more and more to cancelling or just doing a resort only trip. I just need Disney to announce if there will be character meets/meals, fireworks, etc.

Our cruise is gone... waiting to hear what/when parks are opening to decide of we're bailing on all of July.

So Disney has started canceling first week of June reservation... still a big buffer for July though.

I did read ONE person was able to rebook free dining. Just one though, everyone else reporting they are not able too get it applied. My hope is by the time the rolling cancelations get close to us, they will offer something else, even if the stipulation is rebooking in 2021.

Starting to feel like our trip we pushed to July is slipping away. I really had hope it would be open for at least a month or more before our dates approached. This was a HS graduation trip for my nephew. I don't want to go down with so many limited options and face mask requirements. We are giving it another few weeks to see how things unfold before we cancel. We don't mind wearing mask inside on rides, but all day is a deal breaker for us. Best of luck to everyone still hanging on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter