Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

Topic Tuesday!!! I have some tough questions for all of you 🤓
F963956A-14D5-42C3-A063-C107871FEE46.jpeg

I would choose to go without:
Wifi
Computer
Holidays (hoping I could still celebrate the holidays on a weekend??)
Sugar
Instagram
Books (this was a hard choice!!!!!)

Topic Tuesday!!! I have some tough questions for all of you 🤓
View attachment 676168

I would choose to go without:
Wifi
Computer
Holidays (hoping I could still celebrate the holidays on a weekend??)
Sugar
Instagram
Books (this was a hard choice!!!!!)
I mean…
Hmmm…
I umm…
Come on!!!!!
Okay!
I guess I could go without wifi since I didn’t have it most of my life.
I could do without my computer at home, but school would be interesting.
Holidays?😭
Bread?😭
Instagram
Music is life, so I guess books?😭

Maggie, 58, married to Jon, no kids. Adoring parents to three furbabies,Jinx, Binx and Ozymandias. Both going through mid life crisises, me weight gain and hot flushes, him, growing a beard ❤️ and thinking about getting a motorbike. He's retired from the military and I'm just retired. Out to enjoy life and travel more as Covid put the mockers on that. In the meantime, I'm trying to get out walking more, unlike Mr J, I'm not a gym bunny at all, and cutting out the rubbish I began to eat during lockdown. It was a shocker on our last trip as to how unfit I am and something needs to be done.

I'm thankful that we've come through the disappointment of not being to have kids and that we made the right decisions about what path to take despite the dificult choices and outside pressures of what they wanted us to do and life is good.

Maggie, 58, married to Jon, no kids. Adoring parents to three furbabies,Jinx, Binx and Ozymandias. Both going through mid life crisises, me weight gain and hot flushes, him, growing a beard ❤️ and thinking about getting a motorbike. He's retired from the military and I'm just retired. Out to enjoy life and travel more as Covid put the mockers on that. In the meantime, I'm trying to get out walking more, unlike Mr J, I'm not a gym bunny at all, and cutting out the rubbish I began to eat during lockdown. It was a shocker on our last trip as to how unfit I am and something needs to be done.

I'm thankful that we've come through the disappointment of not being to have kids and that we made the right decisions about what path to take despite the dificult choices and outside pressures of what they wanted us to do and life is good.
:welcome:

Those questions are super hard! I can't imagine them as real-life choices, but I think as an exercise, it's really about our thought process.

1) I love coffee, but I also like tea quite well, so switching would probably be easier than giving up WiFi now (though Summer makes a good point that I didn't have that most of my life, and did just fine.)

2) Computer, but it would be challenging. I know we can do a lot of the same stuff on our phones now, but I definitely prefer the desktop for some things.

3) Would weekends mean nobody is ever off work? In that case holidays. No time off is super unhealthy. But I would really miss holidays, as I think they fill a psychological need for ritual that is also important.

4) Is this just processed sugar, or are are all fruits gone too? If just the white stuff, then that. It's probably bad for me anyway (and no bread means no sandwiches, which means I now have to cook lunch too). If it's all sugars, then bread.

5) Instagram. I enjoy it, but e-mail is more useful in the grand scheme of things. Plus, DS just did a research paper last semester on screen time and too much Instagram can have some serious negative effects.

6) Music. I would undoubtedly miss it, but I am huge reader and would miss that more. (I can see how this one could seriously divide people though!)

Welcome to the group!

Coffee... I rarely drink it and need WiFi for work-from-home

Ugh, phone... again because I need to have the computer for work-from-home.

Holidays... absolutely need to have regular weekend breaks and can re-schedule and/or create new Holidays to fit into the weekends.

Email... there are other ways to do virtual communication but IG is my link to the world.

Music... would really miss it but would rather have Books. Well wait a minute, is that just physical books with paper and everything? Could I have music and an e-reader?

I did cancel my work trip and I have to say I'm not sad about it. We were hustling all day yesterday and are again today getting this new project together and it would have been so much more stressful trying to do that and travel at the same time. Plus we are supposed to have pretty nice weather here the next couple of days and I'm happy not to have missed it.

Oooohhh tough
Wifi..I have no problem plugging in if I HAVE to
Phone I guess as I need computer for work....but I would need a landline to be an actual phone as opposed to a handheld computer
Holidays I guess as weekends are more frequent. Although holidays do keep the months interesting
Going to say sugar so long as it is added sugar and not naturally occurring sugar. And there are lots of sugar free treats
Buh bye insta
Another tough one but I'd have to go with music I enjoying reading too much

Woohoo... again for not having to travel this week. I do really want to do the trip but this week just wasn't good, and I've been able to focus and get the things done that I needed to so it was a good choice... even tho it is nice and warm there and not even close to warm here.

Woohoo... I remembered to order CBD Gummies which came yesterday, they really do help with sleep.

Woohoo... I just checked my calendar and only have four meetings today.

Woohoo... I saw a post on our neighborhood blog about the local Dream Dinners reducing the minimum required order to 3 meals, so I went back to their web site (I had recently looked at the options) and found three choices that fit my food restrictions, so I made an order. A 'meal' comes out to 2 or 3 servings, so for $70 I gave at least 6 servings, which seems like a pretty good deal since I can easily spend $70 at the grocery store and not even bring home enough food for one meal.

Last edited:

I am woohooing having AC and internet. Yesterday was rough. AC was out at work in the am and about 30 minutes after that working the internet went out. We have sessions with students every hour via Team. Thankfully it was at lunch time and we were all able to quickly switch and get home so we only had to cancel one group. The power went out at the place we get the internet from. They are in the area of Ohio that got hit hard with the storms Monday night.

I am also woohoo DD getting me out to kick the ball around. I only last 15 to 30 minutes but it is more then I was doing. I will also woohoo that I have not had pop since Saturday. I found a water that I really like. Waterloo Watermelon flavor. I crave it and don't even want the pop. It is just flavored carbonated water. There are only 2 ingredients. Purified carbonated water and natural flavor. So much better then Pop. Strawberry was pretty good too but the watermelon is better.

One more woohoo. DH decide to research hotels for Disney last week after I booked Pop. I did ask him to help with this months ago. He found that we can stay at the Swan, add a park day and still get all the perks of a Deluxe resort for about $200 more then Pop. So we have switched.

One more woohoo. DH decide to research hotels for Disney last week after I booked Pop. I did ask him to help with this months ago. He found that we can stay at the Swan, add a park day and still get all the perks of a Deluxe resort for about $200 more then Pop. So we have switched.
I keep thinking about The Swan for the December trip. Did he look at the COSTCO deals?

Wahoooooo school is out!!!! Today was a lot of fun for them (and for staff) but it makes things kinda crazy when all the parents come in to pick up their kids's meds and staff is also turning in their badges/keys/etc. at the same time. But we made it through!!! Now it's the quiet, mad rush to the end of the month before my summer begins.

Wahoo my brother is coming over (8 hour drive) for the fourth of July weekend so I will get to see him. DS2 and his family will also come. We'll all be at my parents' house so it'll be nice--and probably a bit of a work party! DS1 might come, but his wife is in a wedding that day so not sure if he can do both events.

4BBE5475-E693-4934-BA7C-204908F161A3.jpeg

Gooooooood Morning and Happy Thankful Thursday Everyone!!!

What are we feeling thankful for today?

I am thankful that today is the last work day of the week and I have a 4 day weekend due to the federal holiday Monday and my regular day off Friday! I am thankful I get to spend time with my family and the important dads in my life over the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter