June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

My Alamo rates dropped again late last night. I canceled and rebooked myself at $159 June 30-July 13. I originally had a full size booked for $188 but the lower rate is for a midsize....could have still had a full size for $171. I decided that we can squeeze into the midsize to maximize the savings on the rate plus the gas. We might need a shoehorn to get our bags into the car but that's only going to be from the airport to the resort and back. The last time I was there the midsize isle was filled with HHR's so that's what I will hope for.

I also rebooked my friend....got her a full size for $141 from June 29-July10. I saved her another $40+.

Funny, this is the seocnd trip that I have found the best price near midnight on a Friday night. I didn't think that I would trump my all time best deal of $93 for a week. I'm currently sitting at $80/week. Can I do better ???:wizard: ???

What is an "HHR"?

Thanks - I guess I knew that...:upsidedow, but somehow I got it in my head that it was an abbreviation for something else...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....

My Alamo rates dropped again late last night. I canceled and rebooked myself at $159 June 30-July 13. I originally had a full size booked for $188 but the lower rate is for a midsize....could have still had a full size for $171. I decided that we can squeeze into the midsize to maximize the savings on the rate plus the gas. We might need a shoehorn to get our bags into the car but that's only going to be from the airport to the resort and back. The last time I was there the midsize isle was filled with HHR's so that's what I will hope for.

I also rebooked my friend....got her a full size for $141 from June 29-July10. I saved her another $40+.

Funny, this is the seocnd trip that I have found the best price near midnight on a Friday night. I didn't think that I would trump my all time best deal of
$93 for a week. I'm currently sitting at $80/week. Can I do better ???:wizard: ???

Wow! I cannot find anything that good with Alamo . :confused:
What codes are you using ?
Maybe I should stay up past my bedtime tonight! :cloud9:
We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow ........ Still crossing my fingers!

Wow, my Alamo rate through costco has gone up by $260 since I booked 2 weeks ago. Thank goodness I booked when I did.

Finally !
I got down to 176.00 total with Alamo for my 10 days with a premium car! :goodvibes

And, signed up for the Alamo insider to get free additional driver. Whew!:
:thumbsup2

I used the Costco code( I am a member) and the AD2359FDF code.

The best I had was 158.00 with dollar, but I wanted to be a driver also.

A few days ago Alamo was quoting me over 450.00 ! :scared1:

Thanks for all your help, everyone !

Wow! I cannot find anything that good with Alamo . :confused:
What codes are you using ?
Maybe I should stay up past my bedtime tonight! :cloud9:
We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow ........ Still crossing my fingers!

I used the Costco ID and the AA coupon. The rates drop on June 28.....prior to that they are still high. I just checked and the rate that I found last night is back right now.

Thanks - I guess I knew that...:upsidedow, but somehow I got it in my head that it was an abbreviation for something else...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....

That's funny because I know what an HHR is also, but I thought it was an abbreviation for something else. I was kinda curios too ! :rotfl:

There's so many abbreviations on these boards I lose track ! :rotfl2:

That's funny because I know what an HHR is also, but I thought it was an abbreviation for something else. I was kinda curios too ! :rotfl:

There's so many abbreviations on these boards I lose track ! :rotfl2:

It's a great car to get as a rental.....basically like a station wagon. Lots of room in the back for luggage. Pretty good on gas too....we drove it for a week and the tank was down to about 1/8 and it was $38 to fill it.

Although down today I cannot believe how high the prices still are. We are traveling June 22-July1 luckily a few weeks ago I came across an Alamo standard car that came to 115.00 withy taxes and booked it. Very happy I did as it is still well over 300 dollars now. I have been checking frequently but they are not budging much. I used Costco code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF. I had booked my husband a minivan for 159 a few weeks back. Good luck everyone!
You got a minivan for 8 days for $159? How? And when? That's the best rate I've seen in years.

Goobylal,
Yes, it was 159.63 with taxes. It started out at 350.00 I checked everyday at all different times during the day. Even if it was just 10.00 difference I canceled and rebooked. I used the Costco Code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF. You can join American Airlines on their web site for free and can print the member number if asked. My husband checked in at the Kiosk and wasn't asked for either card for ID when leaving the garage. We are Costco members though and AA members. Be sure to sign up for the Alamo insiders if you haven't yet it's free and you get another driver for free. Other companies charge for extra drivers. National was always my favorite but I like Alamo just as much and they are normally cheaper. My best advice is to keep trying prices seem to come down about 2 weeks before you need the vehicle I have found. Rates have been coming down a bit the past few days for me and we are going on June 22. Good Luck!

Saving, saving, saving! I just saved another $30 on my reservation for the end of June. 6/21 - 6/29 for a standard: $127.52 with Alamo. I'd previously been at $157 for an intermediate with Hertz.

I didn't use a code - but I did go through the Alamo site and click on Hot Deals, then on "Popular Destinations," then Florida -->Orlando airport. When I did that, it put a code in for me. I used a coupon for $35 off weekly (AD2359FDF) and I got the $127.52 rate.

Moral of the story: keep checking, keep checking, keep checking. SUV prices also look to be lower tonight than what I have seen previously, but we only need a small car. Alamo has been one of the highest rates for my dates up until tonight, but I checked back after seeing some of the posts on this board.

I will keep checking! Can I go lower??!?

I just got a full size car for 8 days through Enterprise Rent-A-Car for $132. No coupons or codes required. We are 2 weeks out, so as everyone suggested, I will keep checking for better rates.

Thanks all, my midsize car was already booked about $7 cheaper than the current rate, but I'm considering a small SUV and the current rates on 5 passenger SUVs is ~$150 less than my previous reservation for the 21st-7/2.
:woohoo:

Goobylal,
Yes, it was 159.63 with taxes. It started out at 350.00 I checked everyday at all different times during the day. Even if it was just 10.00 difference I canceled and rebooked. I used the Costco Code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF. You can join American Airlines on their web site for free and can print the member number if asked. My husband checked in at the Kiosk and wasn't asked for either card for ID when leaving the garage. We are Costco members though and AA members. Be sure to sign up for the Alamo insiders if you haven't yet it's free and you get another driver for free. Other companies charge for extra drivers. National was always my favorite but I like Alamo just as much and they are normally cheaper. My best advice is to keep trying prices seem to come down about 2 weeks before you need the vehicle I have found. Rates have been coming down a bit the past few days for me and we are going on June 22. Good Luck!
Oh, your DH's minivan was rented prior to June 16th. That makes more sense. But thanks for the tips; I'll be sure to use them in the future.

Prices seemed to have finally dropped for my dates! We are there from 6/23-6/30 and I just checked this morning and prices dropped. I used a Visa discount that included 20% off and $30 off, and I was able to get an economy for $133. I'm going to keep checking until we leave to see if I can get it even lower, but hopefully this helps someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter