June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

We have a June 17-22 reservation at the Desert Inn & Suites. But it's the third reservation we've had in the last year. Hoping we make it!

We have a June 17-22 reservation at the Desert Inn & Suites. But it's the third reservation we've had in the last year. Hoping we make it!

I hear ya! This week I will be calling to cancel two reservations at the Desert Inn. We will hopefully be able to keep our June dates. We arrive right before you leave. Ha!

One step closer! Made reservations at Baymont Inn and Suites though it was pushed back a day. Looks like June 5-11. Wanted to avoid a Saturday in the parks, but a family reunion on the 3rd in Texas arriving in Anaheim on the 4th by driving would be pushing it. *Grumbles*inlaws*grumbles* :D

We will be at DL 5/30-6/3, staying at Hojo's. It'll our first time staying at Hojo's. We were going to stay at BWPPI, but I switched to Hojo's for the free parking and better pool options, even though there's no free breakfast and it's a longer walk. I'll end up savings $$ on not having to pay a parking fee each day, on top of Disneyland parking of $18/day for our arrival and departure days (since at BWPPI, you have to vacate the parking lot on check out day by 11am and on your check in day, you can't park in their lot until 3 or 4pm).

We're actually going to be in So Cal from 5/27 - 6/4, staying with relatives in San Diego 5/27-5/29. Then spending the night with friends on Memorial Day because I'm hoping that we can go to the California Sciences Center in LA on Memorial Day so our kids can see the space shuttle. Then drive to DL from Riverside on Tuesday morning, 5/30, check into Hojo's, stow our luggage at their front desk, and hit the parks! I'm planning on getting 5-day park hoppers. Was originally going to do just 3-day park hopper tickets, but some other So Cal friends would like to join us at DL for a day and their daughter will still be in school in early June, so we will probably do DL on Saturday, 6/3, on our check-out day from Hojo's. Then drive to San Diego and spend the night with relatives again before we drive back home to reality!

One step closer! Made reservations at Baymont Inn and Suites though it was pushed back a day. Looks like June 5-11. Wanted to avoid a Saturday in the parks, but a family reunion on the 3rd in Texas arriving in Anaheim on the 4th by driving would be pushing it. *Grumbles*inlaws*grumbles* :D

Have you stayed at Baymont before? We have reservations there as well, but haven't ever stayed. It seemed to get fair reviews on Trip Adviser...

Have you stayed at Baymont before? We have reservations there as well, but haven't ever stayed. It seemed to get fair reviews on Trip Adviser...

I haven't, first time. Not going to lie, went with cheapest room that wasn't too far of a drive. I know with WDW, we were seldom in the room so going on the same principle. I hope :D

I haven't, first time. Not going to lie, went with cheapest room that wasn't too far of a drive. I know with WDW, we were seldom in the room so going on the same principle. I hope :D
That was essentially our thought process as well. We're rarely in the room, so we could pay $200 across the street, or $110 at Baymont. Exciting to see how it is.

Okay! I think I have everybody's trip updated on the first post, but if I've missed anyone, please let me know. Airfares are now available through June on Southwest! Small bits of information are starting to come out about the summer. It definitely feels like our trips are getting closer!!! The latest I've heard on Guardians of the Galaxy is that they are trying for a Memorial Day opening. So that could be exciting!

We're driving to Anaheim June 17 and spending the week at the Dolphin's Cove (WorldMark). We haven't stayed at this location yet, but we're hoping it's a good stay. We should be able to walk to the Toy Story busses and get to the parks that way. I'm not sure which days we'll be going to the DL parks, but we will go at least 5 days. We'll be getting APs, but my mom will be going with us too and she's not interested in an AP.

It will be 2 years since our last visit (3 for my mom) and the first visit for our youngest. At travel time our kids will be 7, 4, and 20 months. We took our oldest for a week the day after she turned one (mom went with us too) and bought APs so we could go back, we did the same thing with our second child going about 2 months after his first birthday with my parents in tow and buying APs to return. Now we'll get APs with our third, but she'll be quite a bit older than the other two as those 6-8 months can make a big difference at that age. We are really looking forward to the upcoming AP year and hope we get good use out of them.

It's so much fun to take the kids when they're little and watch them grow into the rides. Our oldest was able to ride Indy on our trip two years ago and has been waiting to ride Screamin', which she is tall enough for now. Plus at 7 she can officially ride in her own car/row/elephant etc., which is very exciting for her and she's reminded me several times. I remember when she hit 35" and was able to ride Gadget's for the first time. This will be our sons first time at 40" plus (he may make 42") and being able to ride the big rides. And of course all the firsts with the baby including meeting Pooh Bear and Mickey Mouse and having breakfast with Minnie.

Nice! I am thinking we might book ours soon. I am just stressing about the flight times available since none are perfect.

I'll be going June 25th to July 2nd.
FBLA national competition is June 29th to July 2nd. I'm hoping most kids will stay for a few days after the competition vs coming a few days early so I avoid all those teens lol.

We booked our flights with Southwest a couple days ago.
Flight from BUF to LAX was reasonably priced and a good time however the flight back is just ugh and involves getting up earlier than I wanted arriving later than I wanted and a nearly 4hr layover. :(

We'll be staying at Residence Inn convention center. Haven't booked it yet but most likely will in the next week or so.

We'll be getting a 3 day park hopper although I myself may get a 4 day park hopper to give me flexibility for when my sister is there chaperoning FBLA. She won't know what days she has events and what days she'll be free to go to the parks until she gets there.

We'll also be renting a car to go to the beach, Universal, and poke around Hollywood.

Nice! I am thinking we might book ours soon. I am just stressing about the flight times available since none are perfect.

I was reading through your pre-trip report last night. You've been through the wringer trying to arrange this trip. I'm sorry the flight times aren't working for you. I know I was hoping to fly into Long Beach this time (since it's one of the few airports near Disneyland I've never used), but the flight times into that airport didn't work for me. Have you looked into all the different airport options around Anaheim to see if there is a better match with the timing? Here's a link to the closest airports and their different methods of ground transportation to get you to Disneyland: http://www.disboards.com/threads/ai...nd-ground-transportation-information.2318297/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter