June 23-25

Sorry if my posts have typos. I'm only on a phone because I didn't feel like hauling a laptop around. Singapore was the favorite among most of my kids thus far. The baby liked Hong Kong the best. Singapore is incredibly clean. I have a feelung we will be back there again. Universal is smaller, we were done in 1/2 a day repeating the mummy and transformers. However, just as I explain every Disney is a unique experience, so is Universal. We got there just as the park opened and walked on to mist of the rides quickly. By noon, I was glad i had purchased the fast pass thingy for us. We were able to cut ahead for the 2nd go round of the biggr rides. Singapore has food that tastes similar to the US so it was easy to feed the kids. They had more food choices than any other theme park thus far. I'm headed out for the day, but i will try to do a full trip report when i get home.
Singapore is definitely worth a visit, even more so if you have children.

Also, we will go back to Hong Kong as well. They have another huge amusemeny park in that country as well. We didnt know about it unt we got to the Philuppines or we would have spent more time in Hong kong. it a reason to go back.

Yes it is called "Ocean Park" on Hong Kong Island, and this is a very popular park with all who go. They are going through another huge expansion now, the park owned by a Canadian family, has had the funding approved in the past few weeks. I must get over there as I have not visited Ocean Park in years. With Disneyland 30 minutes from my door, I end up at Disney.

Do come back to Hong Kong, you all are always welcome.

yay for the positive review of Singapore! I'm glad your kids enjoyed it! You really did luck out by missing the haze. It was AWFUL!! Raining right now though. If you are at all inclined towards zoos, be sure to visit the Singapore zoo if/when you come back. It is world class.

I also highly recommend Ocean Park. My husband and I had the best time there, back when we were still dating.

Great to hear your reviews, sounds like a great time had by all :-) we're heading off to Singapore in November, really looking forward to it!

We just got back from HKDL and although we did not experience any martial arts, we did experience the aggressive line cutting. I have a trip report that I'll post when I get my post count up! :)

My only real annoyance was the woman who decided to practice her Tai Chi on me while walking into the row at philharmagic. She was 60-65 and she was smaller than me by a good 3-4 inches, but she must have been a black belt because she knocked me back and I almost toppled my 8yo walking behind me.

I did not notice many kids jumping the line. I did notice quite a few adults cutting ahead or into a line. Overall, it happened three times in a day, so not nearly what I was prepared to deal with, but still wondering why adults feel the urge to push and shove their way through.

We just got back from HKDL and although we did not experience any martial arts, we did experience the aggressive line cutting. I have a trip report that I'll post when I get my post count up! :)

That is crazy!! I think the kids were still in school late June and were out on holiday for July. That could be the difference. I know I wasn't able to get on the Tea Cups ride because we were cut off by adults. My kids got on, but I got pushed out.

Did you find the aggressive shoving done more by kids or adults? My experience was adults with other adults. I did not see any line cutting by kids.

Great to hear your reviews, sounds like a great time had by all :-) we're heading off to Singapore in November, really looking forward to it!

We LOVED Singapore especially how clean it is!! Our first impression was when we got off the 30 hour flight from chicago and went into the airport bathrooms. They have tablets on the bathroom wall with the custodians picture and a bathroom rating system. The bathroom was so clean!!! My daughters and I had to rate it

My middle child is considering living there.

It was always by adults, however, there was one instance where a woman with about 5-6 little children behind us maneuvered her way in front of us. After she got by, she beckoned her kids to cut in front of us. As I wrote in my trip report, it was like trying to hold back water with a sieve! Craziness!

That is terrible what happened to you on the Tea Cups!

That is crazy!! I think the kids were still in school late June and were out on holiday for July. That could be the difference. I know I wasn't able to get on the Tea Cups ride because we were cut off by adults. My kids got on, but I got pushed out.

Did you find the aggressive shoving done more by kids or adults? My experience was adults with other adults. I did not see any line cutting by kids.

When I was in Disneyland Paris, it seemed to be teens and young adults pushing their way through lines. I did notice a few kids pushing, but mostly teens.

Hong Kong Disneyland it was mostly adults.

I forgot to mention that my kids thought the buffet at Chef Mickey's was one of the best Disney buffets anywhere in the world. They would have gone back night after night and the character interaction in Enchanted Garden was the best character interaction ever. That definitely made the trip so much more special.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter