Just at a loss... Never stayed in a Deluxe and want to know if they are worth it. Halp!

Just my personal opinion, but as someone who has stayed at all different levels of Disney resorts, I would only stay in a deluxe if I planned on spending alot of time in the room and on resort property. Five days is kind of a short trip and it sounds like you want to do alot of activities, if this were my vacation I'd probably book a lower priced room somewhere else. POR is not a bad place, if you've been happy with your previous stays there, book it and save yourself some money!

I'll let you know when I check in to WL Copper Creek exactly one month from today--but who's counting?! I stayed at POR in May and loved, loved, loved it--however, going for 10 days next month and with the heat outside, I wanted a health club indoors--unfortunately POR doesn't have one. Plus I got a really good discount of 45% off on Copper Creek. So, difference for 10 nights between the two was about $1,200--not nothing and a lot for just the health club, but brand new rooms at Copper Creek will help ease the pain. I've liked both mods I've stayed at--POR and CSR, but I've stayed at a lot of deluxe over the years and many, many, many offsite as well. Is the deluxe price worth it? Disney prices probably not, but I won't stay at any unless I have a fairly good discount and I've been lucky so far. Offsite deluxe is always better quality imo, but the Disney theming at AKL and WL especially, can't be beat. Enjoy your time in October and have fun deciding!

I really want a studio but none are available anywhere for my dates 2oct-7oct. I picked the worst dates of the year apparently. I wish I could move them but I cant.

I am sure that someone else has already said it but DVC rental might be a good option, also you have some time the best thing you can do is just keep checking for the studio you still have time before the cancellation date for those days something could open up between now and then.

I stayed at WL for the first time in June and fell in love with it. My husband, who's not a huge Disney person (sad I know), really enjoyed it too. I think you will love staying at the villas, it will most likely be worth every penny! I haven't stayed at POR in a very long time - my family tends to go toward the value/moderate range. But I can say with certainty that WL is a lot more laid back than any of the value resorts and even the Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach resorts. Just a different vibe all around I suppose.

Another option, and one I took up on because of the limited availability this fall, is the Swan/Dolphin. This will be my 3rd stay - while it doesn't 100% feel like you're in a Disney resort, it's still romantic and imho good for couples. My husband and I sound similar to you and your bf in terms of liking to stay in nice hotels/locations.

Either way, I wouldn't regret it all - it's great that you get to stay for 5 days! :cool1:

Hmm . . . We always stay in a 1 or 2BR, and make full use of the kitchen and washing machines. It works for us and we love it because I don't mind cooking in the room. I'm not sure I'd get a 1BR unless I was going to cook breakfast and about half the other meals. It's a big expense if you don't use the kitchen. Are you able to find any regular rooms?

I have this issue coming up as well. We have points at Boardwalk, and I'm going on my first adults only trip to WDW next October/November for food and wine. Since the purpose of the trip is to wander around Epcot eating and drinking, do I really want the kitchen for 2 people? Part of me thinks, yes, yes I do, but the more frugal part knows that's a lot of money for the luxury of eating a hot breakfast in my jammies.

As much as I like many of the deluxe resorts, I don't think that I would spend that much extra $$ to stay in a 1bdr, if you could find a regular deluxe room at a good price I would absolutely recommend trying it, but I would personally choose to stay at POR and save the money if I were in your situation. DH and I alternate with staying on our points, and paying for cash rooms, depending on a few different factors, and we happily book either POR or CSR instead of a deluxe resort if the price is right, or we can't find a good price to stay at a deluxe.

You kind of jumped right past deluxe into the deluxe villa category. Your one-bedroom villa really can't be compared to a deluxe room: you'll have a full-sized, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, and a separate bedroom with a king bed, and a bubble jet tub. It's more condo than hotel room. And those villas are brand new, Copper Creek just opened a few months ago.

The only problem you may have is going back to a regular resort room after that. :goodvibes

I don't think they are. I realize that it a terribly unpopular opinion but that's how I feel. We are staying at Poly this year because we got a really REALLY good deal. I'm sure we will enjoy it but only because we got a good deal. I'd never pay actual prices to stay there. I don't think it's worth it at all. I think the jump in what you get from a value to a moderate is reasonable. The price difference makes sense in light of the upgrades. But the price difference in the jump from moderate to deluxe doesn't add up for me.

You kind of jumped right past deluxe into the deluxe villa category. Your one-bedroom villa really can't be compared to a deluxe room: you'll have a full-sized, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, and a separate bedroom with a king bed, and a bubble jet tub. It's more condo than hotel room. And those villas are brand new, Copper Creek just opened a few months ago.

The only problem you may have is going back to a regular resort room after that. :goodvibes

YES! This is my fear lol

I feel exactly the same way you do. We can afford the deluxe resorts, but I just get such an uncomfortable feeling when I think about what we could do with that money. It nags at me the whole time we're there and prevents me from even enjoying it properly, which is ridiculous but I can't help it.

We've stayed in all levels, and personally I prefer the moderates. Nice pools, nice enough food, nice atmosphere, and a pretty nice price.

Unless you're planning to spend a lot of time at the resort itself, to me it's not worth it. We're coming up for one at Yacht Club next month and we're not going to visit the parks at all. We're just going to enjoy Stormalong Bay and get our money's worth, haha. We're staying club level because we'll be there all day to get our money's worth out of that, too. Hmmm...maybe I'm cheap.

If it wouldn't be too much of a hastle for you, you could always stay at POR for the first part of your trip, and then move over to WL for your last night, as a treat. That's the only way I can make myself stay in a deluxe, if it's only a one-night stay.

But then again, we live fairly nearby and don't consider Disney trips our "vacation," they're just extras. If this is your big vacation for the year maybe it's worth the splurge. Haha, I'm no help!

You should really just do what makes you most comfortable and know that you'll have a great time regardless of where you stay!

As much as I like many of the deluxe resorts, I don't think that I would spend that much extra $$ to stay in a 1bdr, if you could find a regular deluxe room at a good price I would absolutely recommend trying it, but I would personally choose to stay at POR and save the money if I were in your situation. DH and I alternate with staying on our points, and paying for cash rooms, depending on a few different factors, and we happily book either POR or CSR instead of a deluxe resort if the price is right, or we can't find a good price to stay at a deluxe.

This is how I feel, I really want the smaller room at the deluxe but there is nothing the week I'm going. Maybe since my times are bad I should just stay at a POR and save the deluxe for a time when my dates are more flexible. I just really want to knock my boyfriends socks off though. I hate decisions.

I feel exactly the same way you do. We can afford the deluxe resorts, but I just get such an uncomfortable feeling when I think about what we could do with that money. It nags at me the whole time we're there and prevents me from even enjoying it properly, which is ridiculous but I can't help it.

We've stayed in all levels, and personally I prefer the moderates. Nice pools, nice enough food, nice atmosphere, and a pretty nice price.

Unless you're planning to spend a lot of time at the resort itself, to me it's not worth it. We're coming up for one at Yacht Club next month and we're not going to visit the parks at all. We're just going to enjoy Stormalong Bay and get our money's worth, haha. We're staying club level because we'll be there all day to get our money's worth out of that, too. Hmmm...maybe I'm cheap.

If it wouldn't be too much of a hastle for you, you could always stay at POR for the first part of your trip, and then move over to WL for your last night, as a treat. That's the only way I can make myself stay in a deluxe, if it's only a one-night stay.

But then again, we live fairly nearby and don't consider Disney trips our "vacation," they're just extras. If this is your big vacation for the year maybe it's worth the splurge. Haha, I'm no help!

You should really just do what makes you most comfortable and know that you'll have a great time regardless of where you stay!

Yes that's exactly how I feel, I grew up with a single mom who struggled and always taught me to be careful with money so I almost feel guilty sometimes spending a lot of money on frivolous things, its silly but I cant help it, it's engrained in me. It does bother me as well because this is a situation where I cant fully justify it.

I

Everyone saying "DVC rental" is missing that OP's dates are THIS October. To book most resorts for this October, March would have been the latest time to do so. October is part of the DVC high season, and there isn't a studio on campus for that week. To book DVC rentals for fall, you really need to be booking 11 months out.

IF a confirmed reservation that matched dates exactly came available, sure. But that's a big maybe and not a maybe you don't hang onto a backup plan for.

Staying DVC is not the same as "staying Deluxe." DVC is a villa-style accommodation on the campus of a deluxe resort.

You can knock his socks off with all the amazing signature restaurants you can visit for $1500.

Maybe go have dinner at Artist's Point one night. You can tour WL before dinner and soak in the atmosphere and congratulate yourself that you're not paying for it! Unless that would be too much of a tease.:-)

I think POR is actually pretty nice. We're staying there in a couple weeks for MNSSHP. We won't be in the room much at all, so no deluxe for that trip! If it weren't for wanting a nice pool for the day after the party, it'd be one of the good ol' All Stars for us!

This is how I feel, I really want the smaller room at the deluxe but there is nothing the week I'm going. Maybe since my times are bad I should just stay at a POR and save the deluxe for a time when my dates are more flexible. I just really want to knock my boyfriends socks off though. I hate decisions.

Awh, I totally understand wanting to impress your boyfriend, I will say that POR is probably my husband's 3rd favorite resort on property, we both love it, but he really does find it very special.

If you are planning on visiting any of the Deluxe resorts for dinner or anything you can always walk the grounds of the resort and plan with your boyfriend where you would like to stay next! Our first trip we were staying at POR, and loved it, however, the minute we saw the Yacht Club we were smitten, but both said that we could never afford it. This past November we stayed there for the first time (almost 10 years after that first stay) and we were both reminiscing about that first stay, and how much we loved the resort, and how far we had come in all aspects of our life together, it was a really special time. We are staying at the Yacht club again next month, but have plans to stay at POR again in April.

When it comes to Disney and $ it is all up to you. Everything there is insanely over priced (a $20 burger?), so you kind of have to figure out where you will let them gouge you. I have only stayed at 2 deluxes so far, but for me it generally does not warrant the additional cost (although I am staying at 2 deluxes on my next trip lol).

If you are committed to spending that kind of $ just look at where you would get the most enjoyment spending it. I for one value the meal plan over the resort (if I have to choose). For 1500 bucks you could eat w/o worry, or if you already have the dining plan upgrade to the deluxe and hit all the signatures. If romance is your motivation having a really nice sit down signature meal every night could def. cover that.

Everyone saying "DVC rental" is missing that OP's dates are THIS October. To book most resorts for this October, March would have been the latest time to do so. October is part of the DVC high season, and there isn't a studio on campus for that week. To book DVC rentals for fall, you really need to be booking 11 months out.

IF a confirmed reservation that matched dates exactly came available, sure. But that's a big maybe and not a maybe you don't hang onto a backup plan for.

Staying DVC is not the same as "staying Deluxe." DVC is a villa-style accommodation on the campus of a deluxe resort.

You are correct about this, I actually saw a studio available about 2 weeks ago at copper creek but it wasnt on the discounted "enchanted escape" so therefore it was only like $500 less than my one bedroom. So I kept the one bedroom. But if I could get the "enchanted escape" deal on a studio I would totally do it because then the upgrade from POR would only be like $600 more and that's a lot less painful.

You can knock his socks off with all the amazing signature restaurants you can visit for $1500.

Maybe go have dinner at Artist's Point one night. You can tour WL before dinner and soak in the atmosphere and congratulate yourself that you're not paying for it! Unless that would be too much of a tease.:-)

I think POR is actually pretty nice. We're staying there in a couple weeks for MNSSHP. We won't be in the room much at all, so no deluxe for that trip! If it weren't for wanting a nice pool for the day after the party, it'd be one of the good ol' All Stars for us!

I like this

When I stay at a deluxe resort I tend to just enjoy the resort more. For example, when I stay at AKL - I usually spend more time there enjoying the ambiance, watching the animals, using the pool, enjoying all the activities the resort has to offer, dining options etc. So for me a deluxe stay is worth it as I like the whole vibe the deluxe resort has to offer. Copper Creek would be a great place to stay but make sure you spend time there to take advantage of all the WL has to offer. But if you are not sure if you would like it, why not spend a couple of nights there - enjoy the resort and stay at POR for the other part of your stay- then you'll know for sure if it is worth the money to you or not. For me it is worth it - but I know that may not be the case for everybody. Enjoy your trip, wherever you stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter