Just back, DAS return time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find most difficult is I have to be the one to go to the ride for our family's return time when I am the one with the walking/ standing difficulty and I can't be in the sun for long period of time and I use a wheelchair.So we all have to go to the ride because someone has to push me, I don't know if am missing something like maybe they could let my husband be the one to go to the ride to get the return time?
We are pass holders so I do the planing for our day and I make sure to just stay in one Area of the park, but for other's I know it's harder for them. I do wish Disney would give 2 or 3 access to fast-passes for hard to get fast passes for those with disabilities.

Anyone can get the DAS return time. However just because we are disabled does not entitle us to get more FP or DAS return times. You pre select your three FP and can get one DAS at a time. That’s already more than anyone without a DAS. We don’t get special access to popular rides under either program. Nor should we.

Anyone can get the DAS return time. However just because we are disabled does not entitle us to get more FP or DAS return times. You pre select your three FP and can get one DAS at a time. That’s already more than anyone without a DAS. We don’t get special access to popular rides under either program. Nor should we.
I agree 100% with this. I would like to be treated as close to like any other guest that my disability will allow. Yes some days I can do more some days less. I do not need special access to the most popular rides if I want to go in them I get on my computer at 7 am and try to get them if I can not then I get a return time for the ride.

What I find most difficult is I have to be the one to go to the ride for our family's return time when I am the one with the walking/ standing difficulty and I can't be in the sun for long period of time and I use a wheelchair.So we all have to go to the ride because someone has to push me, I don't know if am missing something like maybe they could let my husband be the one to go to the ride to get the return time?
We are pass holders so I do the planing for our day and I make sure to just stay in one Area of the park, but for other's I know it's harder for them. I do wish Disney would give 2 or 3 access to fast-passes for hard to get fast passes for those with disabilities.
Just so you know, anyone in your party can go get the return time, you only must be present and riding when you return to the ride. We often have a runner for the DAS that is not the DAS holder.

I agree 100% with this. I would like to be treated as close to like any other guest that my disability will allow. Yes some days I can do more some days less. I do not need special access to the most popular rides if I want to go in them I get on my computer at 7 am and try to get them if I can not then I get a return time for the ride.
7 AM is workable, out here on the west coast, that is 4 AM, too late to stay up late and too early to get up early on a work day.

7 AM is workable, out here on the west coast, that is 4 AM, too late to stay up late and too early to get up early on a work day.
You can’t please everyone all the time. If your out at the west cost then you probably are not going to Disney world every weekend but once maybe 3 times a year. And if you really wanted you could set an alarm for the time wake up take your 10-15 minutes to make your FP ( and you could just do the popular ride) then go back to bed. Like I said this probably would not be an every week thing

Based on what? I don’t see the correlation between being disabled and needing hard to get FP.
Now I have been told my DH can go get our return time for a ride, but my "saying hard to get FP" was base on how we have been getting our return time.
However we wouldn't have the discussion of how hard it is for those with disables to go from ride to ride, I guess my wording was wrong in saying hard to get FP , if we are to be truthful those are the lines we are really taking about here, I can't stand in line for them or in the heat.
It was actually a Disney cast member that told us about the DAS She over heard me telling my little one we couldn't wait that long for a ride because mommy can't . She asked me about my disability and told me what I needed to do.
I guess am just a truthful person and the truth is the wait time for a ride is what most of us can't wait in line and those are the hard to get FP.

Now I have been told my DH can go get our return time for a ride, but my "saying hard to get FP" was base on how we have been getting our return time.
However we wouldn't have the discussion of how hard it is for those with disables to go from ride to ride, I guess my wording was wrong in saying hard to get FP , if we are to be truthful those are the lines we are really taking about here, I can't stand in line for them or in the heat.
It was actually a Disney cast member that told us about the DAS She over heard me telling my little one we couldn't wait that long for a ride because mommy can't . She asked me about my disability and told me what I needed to do.
I guess am just a truthful person and the truth is the wait time for a ride is what most of us can't wait in line and those are the hard to get FP.

And you/we don't have to. Not sure why you think you then need an additional two/three *extra* FPs.

If we are to be truthful it's the rides whit the hard to get FP that we use the DAS for because of the wait times. So that is why I said to use the FP system to add your ride maybe the day of but now that I know my husband can get our return time it really doesn't matter but I still think it could be done to make things easier.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say? That if there is no FP, then you can't get a DAS? They are 2 separate things. If you are unable to get a FP for a popular ride, you can still get a DAS for it. You will still have to wait out the time, but not in line.

If we are to be truthful it's the rides whit the hard to get FP that we use the DAS for because of the wait times. So that is why I said to use the FP system to add your ride maybe the day of but now that I know my husband can get our return time it really doesn't matter but I still think it could be done to make things easier.

As you’ve noted, it doesn’t need to be done, since you can use the DAS for any long lines for which you are unable to get a FP. Giving hard to get FP to the disabled would lead to rampant abuse due to false claims of disability. Unfortunately, not everyone is as honest as you are .

And you/we don't have to. Not sure why you think you then need an additional two/three *extra* FPs.
I said that before I knew anyone in our family could go to the ride to get the fast pass, however I still think it would be easier if they make it where you could get "your time" on the my Disney experience.Maybe at the time you get in the park.
Example: your in Magic kingdom you open your app and you choose the ride you want to use your return time for.
HOWEVER NOW that I know anyone in my family can go to the ride to get our return time am good!
But I still think it would be easier especially with children.

I said that before I knew anyone in our family could go to the ride to get the fast pass, however I still think it would be easier if they make it where you could get "your time" on the my Disney experience.Maybe at the time you get in the park.
Example: your in Magic kingdom you open your app and you choose the ride you want to use your return time for.
HOWEVER NOW that I know anyone in my family can go to the ride to get our return time am good!

It shouldn’t be any easier than it is for the non-disabled to ride, IMO. If it was up to me, DAS users wouldn’t be able to ride anything else while they wait for the return time, but the logistics for tracking that for nonFP rides would be next to impossible.

They may one day have it so you can set up DAS on the app. But I don't think that going to set up a DAS at the rides is a big deal for most people. You are talking about how it is physically hard for you personally. But the DAS is not for those with mobility issues, so they probably did not think it was an issue.

One of the reasons why a kiosk is better for some persons with disabilities is because for some persons such as those with autism or anxiety just going up to the ride can cause issues, and yes you can have a runner but no if it’s just the one caregiver and person effected. There should be kiosks and at the ride options for those for whom going to a ride but not being able to get in line or having to walk away after seeing it cause meltdowns.

One of the reasons why a kiosk is better for some persons with disabilities is because for some persons such as those with autism or anxiety just going up to the ride can cause issues, and yes you can have a runner but no if it’s just the one caregiver and person effected. There should be kiosks and at the ride options for those for whom going to a ride but not being able to get in line or having to walk away after seeing it cause meltdowns.

I would suggest emailing Disney with that. They don't know if no one tells them.

I have talked to GR and emailed Disney about just this. Maybe if enough people say something something will change. They do have for 7DMT and SDD an place where you get a return time that is close to the entrance but not at it so this dose help.

I said that before I knew anyone in our family could go to the ride to get the fast pass, however I still think it would be easier if they make it where you could get "your time" on the my Disney experience.Maybe at the time you get in the park
Opens or increased the opportunity for hacking.
Couple of thoughts: first, this can still cause issues because any kiosks would have to be close to or just past some attraction, even if it's not the one the DAS is for; second, the current system is successful at WDW. Why would they add structures and CMs to provide duplicate services; finally, people who don't "need" kiosks would have a potentially unfair advantage.

It shouldn’t be any easier than it is for the non-disabled to ride, IMO. If it was up to me, DAS users wouldn’t be able to ride anything else while they wait for the return time, but the logistics for tracking that for nonFP rides would be next to impossible.
then my idea is great!
It would be in the my Disney experience app
you walk into the park the app opens up you pick your ride and it would calculate the wait time for the ride and the fast passes you already to give you time to return. The app would not let you go one of your fast pass rides and have a "wait time" in the same time period. Still only able to to have one "return time" at a time.
It also would help those with autism or anxiety.
Now that wouldn't stop them from going on a ride with out a fast pass. But at less it would stop those who do have a fast pass lets say "double dip".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter