• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from DVC tour- got some juicy tidbits (rumors)

Mr Man

World's Worst FASTPASS strategist
Hey all. We did the DVC tour at SSR last Thursday 9/13 (it worked, we bought in there same day........) :cool1:

I thought I would pass on a few items that came up in discussion with the DVC rep.

New DVC resorts:

1. Disneyland for sure. He would not say near to which hotel but GC seems a no-brainer. He said the formal announcement was coming very soon
2. Hawaii. He did not say which island.
3. Mexican Riviera. He did not give a specific location but did say to look forward to synergies (his wording, not mine. I hate buzz-words) with Disney Cruise Line. I will go look up a list of which ports Disney Cruise stops at. My guess it would be one of those.

Of the 3 locations mentioned, I am most interested in Mexico (mainly because of airfare from TX). Well, that and the fact that I really enjoy visiting Mexico.

Note, he did not confirm Contemporary Villas. He gave me the "....cannot confirm/deny" etc. I dunno. Personally, I would be surprised if Disney would put a DVC resort on the monorail loop. I think it will be family suites of some sort. This is just a hunch and I could be wrong.

Also, he mentioned that AKV would have a back-door entrance direct into AK park proper. Similar to the Epcot resort access to Epcot. That would be cool. Maybe y'all know about that already. It was the first time I had heard it

Not sure how reliable this info is but thought I would pass it along.

Regards,

Also being from Texas, I agree, I'd like to visit a DVC in Mexico...but remember they also have to SELL the resort...I'm not sure it would have the overall draw to sell the memberships there.

Disneyland will also be a good location for us, as we have friends in Fallbrook, so we could spend a few days at the parks, then visit a few days with friends.

"Back door exit" to AK? As in walking? I am not that familiar with proximity, but is that possible? If so, that would be a great perk.

Thanks for passing on the info - sounds great!
Time will tell if they are rumors or facts. Love the idea of a back entrance to AK from the villas. What a great idea!!!

Wow! Those are some exciting rumors. Did your guide seem fairly certain about the Hawaii DVC? That almost sounds too good to be true. I wonder what the time frame would be on the construction.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Jill

Rumors are just that, rumors. I don't care which salesman you have, he is still a salesman, and anything not written into the contract is supposition and cannot be counted on for being the truth. I have been a member since DVC's inception and I have heard all those rumors and more, but the bottom line, other than maybe CA, Disney is only profitable to DVD at Walt Disney World. If you want to go to any of those other places buy a less expensive timeshare and plan your vacations there using it. I did.

OOOO!!! LOVE those juicy rumors for us to throw around here! I REALLY hope the Hawaii one is true! Next to AKV, I have been waiting for that for a LONG time! We wanted there to be an AKV when we first purchased, so I hope we don't have to wait another 10 years for DVC/Hawaii, since I'll be too old to enjoy it then!

Also, he mentioned that AKV would have a back-door entrance direct into AK park proper. Similar to the Epcot resort access to Epcot. That would be cool. Maybe y'all know about that already. It was the first time I had heard it

Checking Google Maps, the walk from AKV to Animal Kingdom is more than the length of the entire Animal Kingdom parking lot.

AKV/Animal Kingdom Map

The back door thing for AKV...IF true...maybe there would be a separate bus, if you will, for AKV people to the front of AK? Hmmm...even if that is right though, that seems silly. (thinking out loud)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=disney's+animal+kingdom&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.335236,63.896484&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=28.353565,-81.597562&spn=0.013898,0.024676&z=15

you can see the U shaped building and to the left is where AKV will be.

It's actually not that far. Despite the map saying AKV is where "A" is, it's not there. It's to the left on the map.

Maybe someone going to Woodfield mall's Doorway to dreams can take a picture of the map - its off to the far side and back by the tv/dvd for DVC promo -

I saw it, and was marveling at the projected plans for AKV - a small area for water 'park' - nothing like BCV - but I was thinking more pool area - but its in the "projected" plans - I think they had dots around the conceptual map for proposed, for construction, and for 'projected' -

I did not notice where AK was in relation to the map - but on the wall the plans for the water park was north and west of the current facility... according to google AK is north and east...

but I didnt have a camera, nor did I think to ask anything - I was just soaking up the magic!!

I'll be very surprised if there is (or could be) any "back-entrance" from AKV into AK. If you look at the map in the link, the Kidani site is the dark patch to the left of the current AKL buidling and midway between that building and the "E Orange Lake Blvd" ident further to the left (with route 429 further to the left). There is a large expanse of wooded area between the resort and AK - and the area of AK adjacent to that wooded area is in the middle of KS and some backstage areas - not a very easy location for another guest entrance. The present AKL is between the AKV site and AK - and AKL is not within easy walking distance either.

While I'd love to see another access to the park, I don't see how they could create easy access from the AKV location.

Checking Google Maps, the walk from AKV to Animal Kingdom is more than the length of the entire Animal Kingdom parking lot.

AKV/Animal Kingdom Map

Thanks for the google map. It does look like a loooooong walk to me from planned AKV site to AK park Heck, it looks like a long walk from AKL proper to proposed AKV much less AK park.

I am not holding my breath but will wait and see (have plenty of time........) :thumbsup2

Rumors are just that, rumors. I don't care which salesman you have, he is still a salesman, and anything not written into the contract is supposition and cannot be counted on for being the truth. I have been a member since DVC's inception and I have heard all those rumors and more, but the bottom line, other than maybe CA, Disney is only profitable to DVD at Walt Disney World. If you want to go to any of those other places buy a less expensive timeshare and plan your vacations there using it. I did.

Yes I agree. Which is why I put rumor in the title. I also checked posting guidelines and see that this sort of speculation is allowable here before putting this info out there.

I labor under no illusions that a salesman (who is trying to sell me something) is the best source of information that could be used to sway me towards making a high dollar purchase on impulse...... (I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last nite after all) :wizard:

Having said this, I thought it was worthwhile to share what they are saying around the DVC shop right now. Do with the info what you will...... I'm gonna set back and speculate a while.........:laughing:

Yes I agree. Which is why I put rumor in the title. I also checked posting guidelines and see that this sort of speculation is allowable here before putting this info out there.

I labor under no illusions that a salesman (who is trying to sell me something) is the best source of information that could be used to sway me towards making a high dollar purchase on impulse...... (I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last nite after all) :wizard:

Having said this, I thought it was worthwhile to share what they are saying around the DVC shop right now. Do with the info what you will...... I'm gonna set back and speculate a while.........:laughing:

Thanx for the rumors.

FWIW, read elesewhere on this here internet thingy, that any stand alone resorts, (aka Hawaii, Mexico, the Moon, etc) would be just Disney Resorts and not DVC. Foil hats available upon request.
:stir:

As others have said, a backdoor to AK does not seem practical because of the distance. It scales off at around 3500 feet (app 3/4 mile) to Harambe or Camp Minnie Mickey. (see map) Unless Disney is planning a new waterway or some sort of jungle trail I don’t think that will happen.

However, since the area between AKL and AK was originally slated to contain Beastly Kingdommie, perhaps there is some future expansion concept that includes an AKL gate.:rolleyes1

14664Picture-1b.jpg

Welcome Home!

I think anything less than 1.25 miles to walk to AKV is a viable option.

Your talking a 20-30 minute walk and Disney will probably theme it very well.

It's about that far to MGM from BCV and people still tout walking to MGM as a perk to staying at BCV.:confused3

As others have said, a backdoor to AK does not seem practical because of the distance. It scales off at around 3500 feet (app 3/4 mile) to Harambe or Camp Minnie Mickey. (see map) Unless Disney is planning a new waterway or some sort of jungle trail I don’t think that will happen.

Didn't we debate that possibility when AKV was announced? To my memory the biggest problem with that walking path is it goes 1 mile through swampland. Not exactly a pleasant walk, unless you like gators. The backstage area is another huge obstacle. Disney has a policy of keeping guests on-stage and away from the behind the scenes muck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter