Just back from PBH...

kmc33

DIS Veteran
It was fabulous!!! :smooth:

I think PBH is truly a beautiful and unique resort. I am going to put together a little trip report, hopefully today or tomorrow. But in the meantime, if anyone has any questions...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. The PBH is simply elegance and service as it's best. I hope you had a wonderful service experiecne there. Also did you get to see or exp. the new club level? If you got a peak we'd all be interested in a tidbit of info on it. Thanks and i look forward to your report.

If i had to pick one this it was the SEVICE it was excellent anything you dreamed of they'd make it happen. Next would be the deluxe rooms and those heavley bathrooms! So nice and large and well appointed! Next would be the Beds Westin has NOTHING on PBH beds. Next would be the Mama's Della's resturant, the spa, the gelato bar, sal's pizza all very high on my list. There are some special people working in guest services that give excellent service and make me want to book and rebook there everytime with the level of attention they give your ressies'. Gee did'nt i mention the pools the boats are timely the view is outragious? I mean come on we are talking about a 1st class place there is not just one thing i could like right? :) If i can help you let me know. If your going for spring break i suggest a deluxe room in the west villa. You'll be right near the villa and beach pools and the boats and the spa.

Is a deluxe room that much better than a standard? Do they offer deluxe rooms on the concierge floor? Can you request West Wing? Tell all please.

PartyofSix - I absolutely agree with you! Although, I must say, we were in a standard, garden view room. We had a small balcony. And even though it was their most basic room, I still thought it was wonderful. The bed was great! The ceramic tile in the entry way and bathroom was very pretty. The colorful tile around the bathroom mirror was beautiful. And the service was fabulous! We had a couple of minor things that were missing from the room and they took care of it immediately and wanted to know what else they could bring for us! The boat service was efficient and relaxing. Mama Della's was unbelievable -- the food, the atmosphere, the strolling musicians. And the FOTL access was kick butt!!!!! My hubby said that he will never go without staying onsite. He loved walking past all the people standing in line and going right to the front. Riding the boat back to the PBH, just after you go through the last tunnel -- the view of the resort is breathtaking, both during the day and at night!! The only bad part is that we were only there 3 nights and it wasn't long enough!

I was wondering myself what is the difference between and standard and deluxe AND between a deluxe and a villa room. We had a small balcony, but it was garden view. I was wondering if that is still a standard room since it seemed that there weren't all that many balconies.

I decided not to make a request for a particular wing and see what I got and how I liked it. Before, leaving, it was my understanding that west wing is more convenient, but east wing is quieter. We were placed in the east wing. It was more walking, which I don't mind. I think if we return with our DS, who is 4, I would probably request west wing so that it wouldn't be as much walking. It was very quiet where we were in the east wing. But, I don't know if it would have been less quiet in the west wing.

Another thing I noticed about the west wing... it appeared to me that the west wing is smaller that the east wing. Does anyone know if this true and if so by how much? So, if this is true, my guess would be that you can request it, but there may be a chance that you don't get it.

We did not experience the concierge. I booked a standard room at the entertainment rate for $155. Especially at that rate, I felt like we got more than what we paid for!

Puffy and kmc i'll try to answer both of your questions. No i don't think the deluxe is THAT much better but the main thing that sets these two room types apart are the bathrooms. The deluxe has a huge bath area with a separate tub with shudders that will open over the tub area to view into the bedroom area. The only other service i can think of is turn down comes with a deluxe but as well it can be requested and granted with a std room. The rooms are a tick bigger but mostly because of the larger bathroom. You don't miss a thing as far as bedding. I always book the garden view and get the deluxe or suite upgrade (plat memeber). With that being said i would always suggest booking the std and requesting a deluxe upgrade there's not that much difference unless you just prefer a bath over taking a shower. I have some wonderful picutures of a deluxe room if you would like to view them puffy or kmc pm your email address. Puffy you can get a del club level. THe club is now the 5 and 6th floors and they are located in the west villa area. And kmc the villa is mainlyused at the hotel to describe locations of the rooms east and west villas. But there are Villa suites. There suites are all parlor areas that are sold separately from the bedrooms that connect them which are deluxe rooms. There will be a king del or a queen deluxe or you can connect both rooms if you like to have a two bedroom suite. I have pictures of this set up from our stay last christmas as well. as the governors suite and presidental suites there. They are amazing. I am with you kmc i have never stayed in the east villa's but i can't imagine it being any quieter than the west villas.LOL At the HRH i hear bumps and children in the halls in all my stays at PBH i heard a dog bark once in passing in the hall and the owner scolded him to quieten up and that was it. In 25 nights there that was the loudest i've ever heard. I've never heard a neighbor in another room either. I hope this answers some of your questions. Puffy when are you going? And kmc when are you going back?LOL

PartyofSix -- Not soon enough!!! LOL

By the way, I was told that everyone gets turn down service. However, we did not receive it our first evening. In fact, I left a note because we only had one washcloth and one coffee mug in our room. We left for Mama Dellas at 8:00 pm and when we returned around 10:00 pm, no one had come for turn down. I called to see if it was only by request in a std. room and she said that wasn't true and that we should have received it unless there was a 'do not disturb' sign, which there was on our room while we were getting ready. Anyway, when I told her, we what we were missing, she said that she would have housekeeping take care of it right away. Within 5 minutes, someone called from housekeeping and wanted to confirm the items and if there was anything else that I would like. I started to ask about robes (I wasn't sure if those were included with standard rooms). I hadn't even finished my question when she said -- "How many would you like?" We had wonderful experiences with everyone we interacted with at PBH.

Another question -- do I understand correctly that the villas has standard rooms? Before leaving for our trip, I thought that the villas were only special rooms or suites. The next time I go, I will request west wing. It by no means took away from our trip being in the east wing and with just the two of us, I enjoy the extra walking for exercise. DH said that he wants to try RPR next time --:eek: Not that he didn't like PBH, in fact he did. But he likes variety and he thought he would like that theme too. I am sure that would be nice too. He agreed that if we stayed at RPR next time that we will still come over to PBH to go to Mama Dellas!

Just wanted to welcome you back kmc33!! Glad you enjoyed it as much as we do! I agree with Tammy, Portofino Bay is sooooo wonderful! :)

kmc33...Give RPR a shot next time so you can compare...its pretty wonderful itself! We really love both a lot, but PBH has the edge for this family. I love the extra space!

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, Party of Six, can you tell me more about this "two room set up with a parlor"??? We are thinking of going in march - a small group of ladies - what should I book to have more space?

Should I book two standard rooms OR should I do a combination of what you have mentioned - please advise on the options and what I should ask for!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PartyofSix, we are planning a stay in a deluxe room at the PBH in spring. If I pm you my e-mail address, can I see your pictures too?

Thanks! Jodie

Of course you can Jodie. I'd be happy to share them with you. I'll send you four different albums. You can see all the suites and a king deluxe and a queen deluxe set up. I'll show you the view from my room which is now located in on there newly tauted club level (not to happy about paying premuim for it from now on though) It's a great view. Anyone wishing to see photos can pm me an email address to send them too. Expect emails from my ofoto account.

I love this thread. I can't wait to see the PBH for myself.

Just alittle bit longer.....:D

Spidy...while your there would you look around the west wing and see if there are any balconies???? we stayed deluxe villa the last time over looking the beach pool with balcony....great room... thought we might ask for west wing overlooking the bay or beach pool.....thanks....amy

Amy stayed in that room number i gave out to you :) It is a great room with an awesome view.

I thought that was our room only??????????:p

You mean others have stayed there too?????:p

It was a great room.... I felt very lucky to get such a great room... we sat on the balcony and enjoyed breakfast with the great veiw of the beach pool....and we were also close to the elevators that went to the pools....

Party of six... would this room now be a club room,,, since I have read that the sixth floor in the villas are club???? thanks...amy

Amy your correct. "OUR" room is now a club room. Wonder why they'd take that room? It's an excellent room and from the very first time i was given that room my by buddy at guest services he told it was the best in the house on that side. I have numbers with a balcony for the villa pool too but it has two queen beds in it. If your ever interested i'm sure i could look in my folders and find it for you. There is a beautiful room in the main building on the fourth floor that's almost dead center overlooking the bay oh it was just right for christmas when we stayed there. It had a walk on balcony but we'd crack the frech doors and listen to the christmas music they played all day if we liked or shut it and you could'nt hear a peep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter