• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from WDW!!! Reviews with pics!

LindsayDunn228

<font color=teal>Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???<
First off:
Beaches and Cream. We both had a bacon cheeseburger with fries. My pic turned out blurry so I'm not going to post it. They were yummy! We also had the AWESOME No Way Jose. It ROCKED!! Here's a pic (kinda blurry, sorry!)

DSCF0147.jpg

We loved Beaches and Cream and will definitely go back. Great food, great service. It was a little loud in there though, but that was not the restaurant's fault.

Kona Cafe for breakfast

This is now a tradition for us. Wonderful food and service every time. We ordered Tonga Toast and a entree that had eggs, potatoes, and ham. We ate off both plates so neither of us would get sick from eating too much Tonga Toast. Mmmmm, I love that stuff! Oh, we also got a French press of Kona coffee and a glass of lilikoi juice. MMMM!

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

Ghirardelli

We stopped in for a sundae. We got the warm brownie sundae. Wooooo boy, that brownie was fudgy and rich!! YUM!!! A+ for Ghirardell!!

DSCF0237.jpg

Shutter's at Carribbean Beach

Funny story about this place :) We got there early so we could walk around the resort. We arrived at 4:15 (PSs were at 5, when the open). We went ahead and checked in. We walked around the resort and came back about 4:55. We sat, and sat, and sat. Well 5:30 rolls around and we still aren't called, AND we are the only ones sitting there. I kindly asked the gal at the check-in if it was going to be much longer. She said "Yes, at least another half hour. We don't start serving until 5." I looked at her with the blankest look on my face, then turned to my husband, who looked at his watch again.

We had gotten to CB at 3:15, not 4:15. It was 4:30 when I asked how much longer it would be!!! My watch battery had died sometime during our flight down, so I couldn't check the time for myself. *sigh* We laughed ourselves silly over that one, and so did the check-in gal!!

Anyway, the food rocked, Toy (our waitress) was a sweeties, and it was an overall great experience. I had the penne pasta (it had pasta, kalamata olives, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts). It was so yummy! My husband had the herb chicken. Pic was blurry so I'm not posting it. Loved Shutter's!!

DSCF0260.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

50's Primetime Cafe

What a cool place! We loved it!! We would visit again. We had beer battered onion rings as an appetizer. I had chicken pot pie, hubby had a chicken sandwich. Both were YUMMY!

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0287.jpg

Boatwright's at Port Orleans Roverside

I honestly don't know how people maneuver around the Boatwright/food court area in that place. It was nuts!!! I was not impressed with the resort itself, althought the restaurant was awesome. Hubby and I both has pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon. I had a latte to drink.

DSCF0344.jpg

California Grill

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, our big treat for the two of us on each trip. We truly adore this place. We requested the wine room and got it. We loved it and will request it again. We got the cheese flatbread, MMMMMMM! We both had the filet mignon, with broccolini and potatoes. The dessert was vahlrona cake with raspberry ice cream. We had heard the coffee was awesome, so we got some with dessert and it was!! A++++++++++++ AS ALWAYS for the California Grill!!

Also, we didn't use our knives on our steak. They were that tender!!

Oops, I forgot. I got a mai tai while we were waiting to be seated. Beat $8 I ever spent on a drink :)

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0414.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

Teppanyaki

This was our second visit there. We loved it again! The food rocked and our chef was awesome! We got a fruity non-alcoholic drink with our meal. We both ordered the filet mignon. Another great review for Teppanyaki!! Oh I forgot to mention, the appetizer was seaweed. I was scared of it, but I tried it and it was yummy!

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

As usual, we had great experiences with WDW dining. We cannot wait until our next trip. If you have any questions about any of the food or the restuarants, just ask!!

I am so glad to read you enjoyed Shutters! I've wanted to try the restaurant for a very long time for something different, but could not find any posititive reviews on it. Adding it to the list for our next visit.

We just finally got to Beaches and Cream when we were at WDW last month and had to try the No Way Jose - it totally lived up to the hype. That thing is so good it should be outlawed! :teeth:

thanks for sharing!

I loved your reviews! Your pictures of CG make me want to go back there again! What is the wine room? Do you just have to be lucky to get it??

tinkamom said:
I loved your reviews! Your pictures of CG make me want to go back there again! What is the wine room? Do you just have to be lucky to get it??

I actually read about the wine room in The Passporter. Just request it when you check in. It was so cool. Our ADRs were at 5:30 and for a good 3/4 of our meal we were in the wine room alone. How cool is that?

Thanks Lindsay. I love reading about different restaurants and the food served. The Pics are the frosting on the cake! Sounds like you had a great time. Now I am hungry for chocolate cake and steak.

Hi Lindsay, sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the pictures of the wine room at CG, I have not been in there for a long time. That's really cool that you had the space to yourself for so long. Kind of a change from the main space!! I'll have to remember the wine room for next trip.

You pictures make me even more hungry than I already am right now. Yum!

Lindsay...ahhh!!! how I miss California Grill! I love that place!!! Glad you had fun! Have you started to plan your next trip???? :goodvibes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter