Just back... some dinig reviews

princess jasmine27

Mouseketeer
:wave: hi everyone! just back from 7 nights at the world and would like to share some of my opinions on some of the places we ate........
day 1: lunch at tony's town square:
we waited the longest for this table about 20 minutes. the 2 kids had the cheese pizza and i had the spaghetti and meatballs and grandma had eggplant parmigan i think. the food was decent but alittle over priced for just some spaghetti and meatballs. waitress seemed to be rushing us and wasn't very friendly.
Day 2: Goofy's character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
Waited only 10 minutes for this table. the ham seemed alittle dry, mac n cheese was very thick mashed potatoes alittle cold. i was slightly dissapointed in this meal because i remember it being so much better last time i was there. we went on a nsshp night and the characters were very cute with their halloween costumes on! probably wouldn't go back except maybe to try it for lunch where the menu is different.
Day 3: hollywood and Vine play and dine
cancelled due to my son hating the characters at this point in the trip(he later warmed up to them)
Day 4:Concourse Steakhouse Dinner:
This place is awesome! waited only 10 minutes for our table. We all had steak and it was cooked to perfection and kind of melted in your mouth! great atmosphere with the monorails going by. the kids loved the glow cube drinks and the painters pallet desserts! i would highly reccomend eating here. it was so good that we went back again 2 nights later! :love:
Day 5: Chef Mickey's Breakfast:
Awesome meal ! one of my favorite places! the food is decent but the character interaction is very good and my son finally decided that he loved the characters so that made it all the more better! waited about 15 minutes for a table! a little slow with bringing the pictures package to the table and had to ask for it before we left. overall i will do it again
Day 5: Rose and Crown
I had never eaten here before and was very excited to try it. It was outstanding and gets my vote for my favorite restaurant of the trip. Our waitress was very bubbly and sweet. we waited only 5 minutes for our table and were excited to get a terrace table. large fans set up out there kept us cool and we saw what a great view this had for seeing illuminations if we had had our ressie a bit later. the steak melted in our mouths, the cheese and fruit platters were fabulous, the cottage pie was excellent, and my favorite was the lamb and barley soup. very thick but wonderful! i can't wait to go back. it's now on my must do list :blush:
Day 6: Crystal Palace Breakfast:
We checked in and there was a loooong line. they had absolutly no room left for walk ups and people were being turned away if they didn't have reservations. The food here was outstanding especially the puffed french toast! sooooo good. we even met someone from our home town! my youngest son enjoyed dancing around the restaurant with pooh and friends and though the characters took a veryyyyyy long time to come around the interaction was good and they trid to spend a little extra time with each family :cloud9: i would definatley come back even though next time i go i'm afraid my kids will be too old for the pooh characters :sad2: :guilty:
Day 7 : The Plaza
We got a last minute reservation here after realizing that we still had alot of table service credits left. We waited about 10 minutes for our table and had a very pleasant server. it was a very simple menu of sandwiches soups and salads. yummy ice cream sundaes for dessert. i would eat here again as it was a good break from the very full meals that we had been eating and the prices were very resonable. :sunny:
so that's my review. sorry it is so long. i am kinda missing wdw right now. hope this helps someone's decisions. if anyone has any questions just ask! :wave:

Thanks for the great reviews! We will be diining at the Concorse Steakhouse in January...now I am really looking forward to it!! I think I may try the Rose and Crown on this trip as well, just not for the seating to watch illuminations....I tried that last year and it was crazy!!

:thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter