Just back......Wow...BCV, Carnival Cruise, AKV(Kidani) and BLT....Good and Bad. LONG.

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi

Just returned from an Awesome Vacation. Just have to say that in 13 days I saw sunny skies.....temps in the 80's and 5 minutes of rain:goodvibes

SW flight was great arrived 10 min early....got my own luggage right away and was led right to the ME bus. There was 1 other family onboard and us....Off we went :woohoo: Ride went quick as I was giving them(other family) must needed info....Poor girl didn't have any ADR's planned And when the driver asked them where they are staying...."Yacht and Beach Club"....Which one driver says.....She didn't know:rolleyes1.....Anyway...she figured out Yacht club after a phone call.....dropped them off and off we went to BCV.

Arrived 4/12(5 nights) BCV Studio @10am....Room Ready:cool1: Room 539.
Loved the room top floor corner...felt private only could see the 2BR dedicated that made the corner with me.

Wow here it is 10:30....we are in our room....luggage and UPS box delivered:cheer2:....We sunblocked up and headed to the pool for a few hours. Had lunch at Beaches and Cream about 1pm. No wait....Woohoo!!!
This was fun....2 tables had kitchen sinks. We ate onion rings, salad, hotdog, grilled chicken sandwich and sundaes. Food was good.

Went back to room and changed for a short trip to Epcot.....pick up AP's and TIW card.
Walked straight to Soarin there was a 45min wait....this was about 3pm. Decided to wait. Worth it....funny was my DD wanted to wait and we didn't...what a switch....Glad us babies decided to stick it out. After that walked on Living with the Land where I almost fell into a coma. Something about sitting down after being up at 4:15am for a flight did us in. Thank god the walk back to BCV (via around WS) woke us up again.

Chilled in room for a bit before our ADR at Kouzzina. DD last minute decided to go to Sandcastle club where she took the last spot. Busy....there was a conference. Dinner at Kouzzina was awesome. I had calamari, lasanga and baklava. Mom had Spinich pie and trio sampler. I just have to say again how much I loved the Lasanga. I brought it home and I was eyeing it all week. Never got to it....too many other great ADR's.

Just wanted to mention we did the DXDDP for the 1st 4 nights and no DDP for the last night. Yes I did have room key problems...but it was an error by CM. We ate at a lot of awesome restaurants.....I tried a lot of things that I always wanted to. I didn't finish anything.....there is no way you could. But that is Ok....I went in knowing I would not eat all of the food( I just lost 20pds and I gained only 4pds on this 2week vacation which is gone:goodvibes)....and that was OK. We did TIW card for the last portion(AKV)....and I will do this in the future for the added flexibility. EX...We cancelled Jiko last minute because we were just full at the end of our vacation and didn't want another TS. TIW works great for that....no worries about dining credits.
After dinner we watched Illuminations picked up DD. Got to room and decided to take a walk around crescent lake. I think this nightly tradition helped keep the pds off for me.
Next up...M.K....Liberty tree Tavern and Yachtman and We climbed the treehouse:goodvibes
Kerri

Slept great till 9:30...WOW....i love my room soooo quiet!
Relaxed on the balcony with my coffee taking in the world:goodvibes God I love it.....Sooooo Happy.

Stopped at the store to put my ice coffee that I made in my red cup to a mickey cup with a lid. This would be my morning routine and PM....only that cup had the booze;)

Walking to the bus DD says....we'll probably have to wait forever....Ahem I say....As soon as we get there our bus will appear....Well as we get to the bench the M.K bus pulls up:cool1: Oh yeah.....we have the pixie dust folks.
Got to M.K about 11am with the herds....not to bad actually. We have no bags so we walk right in;)

Waited 5 min for Pirates....5-10 min for Alladdin.....Life is good:goodvibes
Wait....this weather is perfect...I can't take it....sunny not humid....Yes...We Will Climb the TREEHOUSE:woohoo: It was cute.....never did it happy I did. We then walked straight for a fastpass for Peter Pan. Didn't do HM because DD was already cranky from Pirates that she didn't want to do:headache: Grrrrr....
It was about Noon....fast pass was for 2:30...perfect....for after our LTT lunch ADR. Did Its a small world.....Teacups and Mickey Philharmagic....5 min wait. NICE!!! I love this....always brings a tear:rolleyes1
Was going to do Hall of Presidents but our stomachs were growling and checked into Liberty tree Tavern....5 min wait. Lunch was yummy.
I had the Declaration Salad(delicious) and the Fish of the Day(Fluke) It was very good. Mom had the vege soup....very peppery. and the Colony Salad....very good. Toffee Cake was yummy but I only had 1 bite....too full. They sang Happy Birthday to DD....she was surprised...her birthday was the following week.

After lunch we walked over to the people mover.....not a good choice when you are full......I might have fell asleep.....Then on to Buzz lightyear....with a 15 min wait:woohoo: Oh yeah....I love this ride.....I kicked butt and it woke me up:cool1: OMG.....My pic looked so intense.....I could be on the cover of Army magazine...LOL....

Parade was on now so we watched this as we walked out....Short wait for the bus home.
Went to the pool for an hour before our Yachtsman ADR. Worked off lunch climbing the stairs to the slide. There was NO line so I couldn't even stop to catch my breath at top....ahem:rolleyes1
Rented 2 tubes for lazy river....Let me just say lazy is not the word. This "river" dosen't even move you....After paddling with our arms to move around....we gave it back....a noodle is more fun IMO.

Off to shower for Yachtman....

DD is looking forward to her Steak Kabobs...so no kids club for her today:goodvibes
We wait in the crew lounge which is busy....have a few drinks....gotta say it is annoying for guests and CM's to have to track down a manager to use TIW card.
I had the Escargot puff pastry and Ribeye...Mom had filet mignon and scallops for app. We put a truffle mac and cheese in the middle. DD had the kebobs....Everything was delicious. The mac n cheese was sooo good and this is not a favorite of mine but i heard such good things. I don't remember dessert...must have had 1 bite because I was soooo full. In fact I walked around the lake 2x this night. Which was a cool 2miles when you count distance from room:goodvibes It was pretty quiet by the Atlantic Dance hall and jellyrolls. I wanted to walk into Jelly rolls to just check it out....but you had to pay a cover before you walked in and saw the other 2 people there:eek:
After the walk around the lake Just went to bed.....tomorrow Hollywood Studios.....I still call it MGM.:rolleyes:

Another lazy morning. I love my DVC:goodvibes BTW Do the studios normally have a 4 cup coffee maker??? I thought it was the 12 cup??? Anyhoo....

No bkfst just coffee....Early lunch 50's Prime time. I sent down English Muffins used the toaster only 1x:confused3 Croissants from the bakery are better;)
Walked to the studios....25 min walk door to door. Beautiful day. Arrived about 10:30 and went straight to Toy story for a fast pass. Return is .3:30.

Just walked around before our 50's Prime Time ADR. Hung out in the playground set Bugs world?? DD loved this place.

Off to costco....be back soon...

BTW....anyone interested in this review:confused3
Thanks
Kerri

I am reading and enjoying. I'm waiting for the "Bad". But I think it's going to involve the cruise and not WDW.

I'm in, just waiting to hear about the cruise part...nervous, going on my 1st cruise, Carnival, in July.

I'm reading it and loving it! We go to Disney in 25 days, and your report is almost like being there!

Thanks everyone:).....The bad is coming....some at BCV....but more AKV....and NO it was not the Carnival Cruise;)

I loved 50's Prime Time Cafe....this was another 1st this trip. Others so far were Beaches n Cream, Kouzzina and The Treehouse in M.K.

I had the Crab Cake and Combo....Meatloaf, Fried Chicken and Pot Roast. Mom had Aunt Annies Seafood Salad(her name is Anne:goodvibes) and the Caesar Salad with Salmon. DD had Chicken nuggets. The food was very good.....and we also had a Vanilla Shake.....yummy...3 sips...this is dessert. BTW i could get a Shake here for a drink with DXDDP but not Beaches and Cream:confused3. Server was great.....they were yucking it up and had their "cousins" watch over us. My DD loved this place and was totally enjoying hearing that grandma needs some manners:rotfl:
Dessert was Boston Creme pie....we shared....not much room for dessert this trip....but hey you have to taste it. We decided we probably wouldn't "have" to taste it with TIW card:rolleyes1

After lunch I was so full I needed to walk. I walked back to the room for a shower and DD and Mom went to American Idol. Walk 20 min moving at a nice pace. Couldn't wait to take my sneakers off. Was very proud of self for walking Both ways....and was planning on the walk again because we had dinner fantasmic ressie for Mama Melrose.

DD and my mom wound up coming back as I was finishing up my shower.....they took the boat. We chilled in the room.....Gotta say I love my 1BR's but the studio was plenty of room for us. I am a neatnick on vacation....Told my mom I would be at home as well if I only had 1 room to clean:rolleyes1
Wound up taking the boat back to studios.....
Next.....Mama Melrose....another 1st.....where the heck is this place:headache:

We decide to take the boat to Studios.....I wanted to walk just because i know how long it takes.....Boat was quick....I forget what a nice ride this is and I'm glad we did it.
Forgot to say we did the Indiana Jones show at some point and I don't remember when. It was good this was another 1st. I love that there are still so many 1st left for us:goodvibes
Our dinner was for 4:55. Plan was dinner, Go to last show of American Idol, Toy story and Fantasmic.

BTW....They loved the American Idol earlier.....DD couldn't believe how real it felt.

OK....off to find Mama Melrose. Funny....I haven't been to Studios/MGM in a while....and I don't know this park well....and always seem to make a wrong turn:headache: Looking like a tourist for goodness sakes with my map as I am walking at a pace set for NYC:rolleyes1
Well after turns and numerous consultations for my map....finally found the dang place.....totally tucked in the back corner....BUSY!!!! No pagers and packed house where you have to wait. This was the longest wait about 20 min. So worth it though.
Had a bottle of wine....Note mom dosent' drink wine so i asked if i could take the wine to go....no worries mon;)
I had the Clams oregenata with Sausage.....:dance3:
And Spagetti with Clams. This was outstanding....I really enjoyed this and I order this dish in some great restaurants. Mom had Chicken Parm.....so-so and Minestrone soup. DD had Pizza.
Well after the wait to get a table and the American Idol show at 6:30.......it was nuts. At the last minute....6:20....I wound up pouring my wine in a paper cup:rolleyes1...about 1/2 bottle:rolleyes1 and hightailed it out of there to go to AI. Mom waited for check:hug:....She had seen the show already....we hoped she would meet us in line.
Well we RUN over there and just made it in line:love: 1 couple behind us and line closed:dance3: I start sucking the wine down cause they say no drinks in theatre:cool2: 2 min later.........

Sorry folks theatre is full....no room left:mad:

Oh well.....we turn around and there is mom....There is a huge crowd out front they broadcast the show live outside on a huge screen. There are some tables where we lucked out to get a seat....DD went to sit on the floor with the other kids.
This show is Great.....I really enjoyed it.....The one that won had red hair and sang Ariel's song....a shew in. We really enjoyed this.....ahem...I managed to suck down the rest of the wine.

Off to Toy Story.
I loved this ride.....sooooo AWESOME!!!!! We really enjoyed this and I kicked butt.....I wonder if the wine helped:rolleyes1

Next.....only 10 min till Fantasmic and of course we have to go to the bathroom....BTW.....I think it is all the food....but we must stop in every other WDW bathroom:rolleyes1.....just in case:rolleyes1. I swear....if my mom and DD take too long before we leave hotel....I have to go again. Sorry TMI:rolleyes

Ok.....we run to Fantasmic.....top speed...all the way to the right is fantasmic dinner seats.....Allllllll the way....We walk way down where we see 2 seats 3row end and 1 4th row end....We are set:dance3:

Wait....front row is empty....well I can't sit still anyway....we go down and stand by the water till show starts and then just sit right down in the 1st row when show starts....How was nobody there:woohoo::dance3:

This show is great...we enjoyed it...Ahem...maybe people weren't in this spot because we got WET:rotfl: Misty really....All good.....Mickey saves the day:goodvibes

Ok...show ends and we Hightail it outta there like we are back in NY. Instinct.....We have to make it to the bus in record time because if you see the bus pull out and you were lollygagging then one has only themself to blame.....right:rolleyes1

Well as I'm reaching top speed....DD says....Mom...Arent we walking home:rotfl:
Oh yeah......I sooooo forgot... and I LOVED walking home after fantasmic and not waiting for anything.......

I LOVE BCV.
and Yes....I even walked around the lake again:goodvibes I love winding my day off with this walk.....soooo peaceful. I love the epcot resort area.

Up next.....Epcot...Biergarten, Flying Fish....and 1st Bad......

You have a flair for storytelling! Good job!:goodvibes

DH and I often go to the last American Idol Experience of the day. Sometimes it's our only visit to a park that day. Thank heavens for APs!

Bobbi

I'm in too. Sounds like a great trip so far!

I'm interested in the cruise too. I want to take my kids on one, but need to find out if they can handle a slightly cheaper cruise (they both have ASD) before I spend the big bucks on a DSL cruise. :rolleyes1

So keep "DISing" on the trip! :goodvibes

Please continue I am intrigued to hear what bad is coming up

I love TR!!! It really helps to pass the time until my next trip. So far, it sounds like a very relaxing but fun filled trip.

Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks everyone glad you are enjoying it:goodvibes

Ok....Epcot....Biergarten here we come.

1st I have to say that I really enjoyed the Flower Festival this year. I don't know if there is more character topiaries or just more......but I was truly blown away by the beauty of everything.....and I did stop to smell the roses:goodvibes There is a nice playground for the kids walking from WS to Future World on the Soarin side....which is of course where we were headed. Figured a quick ride before Biergarten. 30 min wait....not too bad. I LOVE this ride:love:

Off to Biergarten....another 1st:goodvibes I love walking the WS...and I stopped for a wine to hold me over till Germany:rolleyes1

Biergarten.....We loved this....timing was perfect arrived about 20 min before show which allowed us to visit buffet and enjoy the show. It is very cute....we enjoyed it. Although our tablemates were ahem......quiet:rolleyes1
We were a party of 3....so were they....They directed me to sit across from a woman to leave 2 seats at the end....Which were never filled:headache:
Wouldn't have been too bad if they would have said 2 words....tried to engage.....no avail....whatever private family time.....enjoy...Just wish I didn't have to sit right across from miss grumpy face.:cool2: No this isn't the bad:littleangel:

Ok....off to the food. I really enjoyed much more than I thought I would. They did have chicken cutlets for DD which were very good and she enjoyed them. Everything I had was better than I thought it would be........
Although....We were cracking up that after we starved on this diet before this trip....ahem....Anything would taste good:lmao:

OK....now 1st bad. Check.....Now I did DxDDP for the 1st 4 days and my 5th day no DDP....Which today is the last day with DDP which expires tomorrow. I was told on checkin I might have to get new keys made on the 5th day(tomorrow)....although they "might" slip them under door.

Ok....I have my TIW card for my beer;) and DDP for food....fully loaded:cool2:
She brings me check back and says I have no dining credits.....No way Jose....I have Flying Fish and HDDR credits left not including this. I say Better call the manager at BCV because I have plenty.....My 1st mistake.
20 min later she comes back and says....so sorry she has been on the phone this whole time. GRRRRR....OK Mom and DD are doing the bathroom runs...so not so bad right:lmao: Ok....now the people who sat down as we got the check have finished eating and the new show has started....bathroom visits are done....Time to go. She finally comes back and she says I am so sorry they have been on the phone this whole time and they can't straighten on the phone. I say....Ok...charge to room and I will go to front desk and fix it.
This is WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE BEGINNING.....GRRRRR.

OK....walk Biergarten off via WS to BCV front desk.
OK....now....they have no idea why my credits were not showing....I say great I can't get back that 40 minutes and now 10 more so far at desk....just please fix this They now say I have more credits than I think???? 10 more minutes at desk they they don't know why???.... now I'm worried this will be messed up again tomorrow when I have new keys....I tell them I have HDDR tomorrow...and those credits need to be there. No worries she says...I will print new room keys now to make sure it is right....OK.....another 30 minutes total later.....grrrrrrr

Nothing gonna dampen my day.....I got my room at 10am.....gonna let this roll right on off:goodvibes
Back to room with new cards which is the 1st of my new collection of cards I will collect.:rolleyes1

Put the suits on....sunblock up and head to the pool. DD meets a friend at the pool which was GREAT.....Which meant I didn't have to paddle around the lazy river;) I could watch her play from Hurricane Hannah;)'s:cool1:

Well she is having so much fun......and her new BFF forever is going to the Sandcastle club....and She HAS to go with her instead of Flying Fish.
Ok....so her mom watches her while I try to make her Ressie. Go to Concierge....after waiting a few....Turns out I need a credit card number....OK...thats great....i have it on file just use that. Not so much. Well I just have my KTTW.....grrrrrrr. Ok...off to Sandcastle it is 4pm. Now they can't take ressies....I have to call WDW dine or go to Concierge....grrrrr. I'll have to take my chances with a walk in later.

Ok...no biggie...whatever....so We leave the pool....I say....I need to get DD in to this club....Call WDW dine....And they can't take ressie either:rotfl: Ok....Now that wasn't a "bad" but it was annoying.

Bring her down to Sandcastle at 6:30.....she was the last allowed walk-in....OK baby Pixie dust is back:cool1::cheer2:.......

Up next....Flying Fish and 2nd bad......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter