Just because we cannot see it, doesn't mean we can't believe it! LIVE TRIP REPORT!

xxpeplyxx

x Disney Mummy x
Well today is the day when me, my mum, and my wonderful boyfriend fly off to the happiest place in the world :-)

This is my mum (Chris)

And this is me and my partner (I'm Kel, and he is Kev)

Whilst packing yesterday one of our cats made me feel slightly guilty :-(

I think she may want to come along to!

The Gatwick flyer will be picking us up between 4:45am and 5:15am then we will finally be on route to Disney world :-D (I'm bursting with excitement), I am a nervous flyer so have a tummy full of butterflies this morning, part of that is excitement the other part fear! But the nerves really don't matter when going to a place like this :-D we will be flying with virgin and are set to take off at 11:15am!

Anyhow I best get my hair straightened and get myself ready, I will keep this updated as often as possible, and I look forward to sharing our holiday with you all! :-D

Currently sitting in wetherspoons, just had a bacon and sausage sandwich, was delicious :-) going through to departures at 8 :-)

So I thought it was about time to update this post, we are here had a minor delay at gatwick but nothing too bad, we arrived to storms and rain but do we care! No way we are here that's all that matters!

The flight was fantastic, the staff were fantastic, we felt like we didn't stop eating the entire journey and the entertainment was brilliant in flight competitions :-) the adult winner won a bottle of champagne and the 2 children who won, won a hamper of sweets and goodies each! It was a very good idea and kept both adults and children busy for a while, the food was fine, we had the welcome cocktail with a mini bag of sour cream and chive pretzels, then followed by our main meal, salad, I had chicken korma, and we got a bread roll with it also, the dessert was a lemon gü dessert and was super yummy, this was then followed by an ice cream which was then followed by a cheese and pickle sandwich and a toffee and banana cupcake! I can honestly say I only have good things to say about virgin after that flight!

That was the cupcake and sandwich :-)

We are staying at the art of animation resort which is fantastic, we are block 8 of the mermaid section, and were Warned before hand of the time it takes to get to the bus stops, food court, shops etc, it took us 10mins and we stopped for pictures along the way, it really is not a long walk at all.

We absolutely love the resort, it's so quirky and uplifting I turned to my mum and boyfriend and said just to have seen this resort makes it worth every penny we spent :-)

Here are a couple more pictures from today!

Oh I must add, I had read a post recently about all refrigerators being fine at the AOA resort, we do not have a fridge so it's just a Pre warning!

Tomorrow (our first full day, YAY) we will be at sea world :-D so I will post again tomorrow :-D

Glad you've arrived, your resort looks great, looking forward to more:goodvibes

Jet lag has arrived, it's currently 3:18am and I'm wide awake! My body is very clearly in UK time still, unfortunately though there is not really much I can do at 3am!

So great to hear your liking the art of animation me and my mum are there for 10 days in late August. Good to hear the walk isn't that long aswell, we thought people were probably blowing it out of proportion in respects of how long it actually was so thanks for clearing that up!

So great to hear your liking the art of animation me and my mum are there for 10 days in late August. Good to hear the walk isn't that long aswell, we thought people were probably blowing it out of proportion in respects of how long it actually was so thanks for clearing that up!

Thats ok :-) I'm sure you'll both love it, it's truly magical and exceeded my expectations!

When I got here and checked in and they said we would be in block 8 I was like :-0 oh man :-( even asked if hey had any upgrade available here that we could pay for (they didn't)
Upon driving round we were like wow, this will be a long walk! Having walked through the middle of the resort it's nothing! As I said 10mins max, and that was at the slow pace taking it all in and taking lots of pictures! We are in room that is overlooking part of the lake and part of the pool! But I'd say even with loads of children on the pool tonight there was no noise that I could here off!

Ooh this is exciting to read. We'll be going to SeaWorld on our first full day (13 days time!). Glad you've got off to a great start, have fun :)

Hey guys! Sorry for no post yesterday, didn't have wifi until we were back at disney and I was exhausted haha!

We were up at 5am yesterday morning, and started by getting some food in the food court before heading off to seaworld, we had one of their little fruit pots, which is the perfect way to start the day :-)

So onto seaward

We arrived in one piece despite me forgetting to pick up the directions, somehow my brain seems to be rather good at remembering! Also the fact that everywhere is so well sign posted!

We arrived early, So we parked up, and headed straight towards the quick queue self serve machines to get the fast track for the day, it worked out at around $30 each with tax, and was totally worth the wait! We headed straight for manta and did that 2 times, before heading towards blue horizons which as always was amazing! Straight after this we went into journey to Atlantis! Me and mum saying to my partner you don't get to wet on here (honesty we have only ever been slightly splashed)
well we were drowned! And could do nothing but laugh in disbelief!

Then we went onto

Which I must add was fantastic but never make our mistake, don't get drowned on journey to Atlantis then go on the penguin ride! It's sooooo cold in their! Haha! But overall we were wowed by it! It's very cute! If you have children they will love it!

Sorry I was sorting myself out and getting ready for today!

So after the penguin ride we went onto kraken which as always was amazing! Then we headed over the watch shamu, we found this one of the best shows we've seen there, it's more about fun and the animals kind of did what they wanted! It was nice to see that there was not so much routine for them! At the end of the show the heavens opened and the rain fell for a good hour!! Maybe longer so whilst we were waiting for the rain to stop we decided we really should eat something so we had a hotdog from one of the stands outside the stadium, this was much needed and super yummy!

Once the rain stopped me and my boyfriend went and got one of these beauties.

Boy was it good! I had the chocolate and peanut waffle case with vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce! It was delicious but I threw a lot of it away! America does everything so much bigger, I just couldn't take it! It defeated me haha!

We then took a slow stroll over to the wild arctic ride, forgot how bumpy this was, we were all rolling up laughing hysterically the entire thing, and after the ride we went to see Johnny the polar bear who was moving, well yawning and having a wash! First time I've ever seen him move! Ever!

After this we headed towards the sky tower as we had never done this before, it was fab and the view was wonderful :-) a nice break from being in the park! We then went straight over to pets ahoy , which again was something we'd never done before and this was brilliant :-)

Finally we decided to sit down and have a proper meal! At the voyagers smokehouse! It was delicious.

After food we went to shark encounter, and then back onto wild arctic where johnny once again was up and about, walking around, eating, it really was amazing to see, and then ended the day by watching shamu rocks, again it was amazing and fun, we ended the day by having a dance near the exit at the street party! Overall it was a great first day! And a very busy one!

Today we are starting the day with animal kingdom!

Great day at Sea World, fab park. We like the food at Voyagers, it's really yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter