Just got approved!!

My guide just called me back and she is going to check on avail. at any DVC studio.

Eventer98...

:dance3: Congratulations !! :dance3:

:welcome: :welcome: Welcome Home !!
:welcome: :welcome:

Ya Hoo !!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Your guide also should be able to give you.. your DVC membership number, so you can make those ressies right away !!!
Also..go on the member web site and check it out, you'll find your contract + pts...etc!!

My guide said there are no more studios avail. for our June week. She is supposed to be calling me ASAP with our member #. Once I get that I will try my luck at finding a room (and a sympathetic CM)...it is our honeymoon and we are first time DVC'ers. Perhaps I can wiggle my way in. If not we will probably stay at POR. It's more pts. then a DVC resort but still "free" over SOG. No DDP though but that's ok. :)

My guide said there are no more studios avail. for our June week. She is supposed to be calling me ASAP with our member #. Once I get that I will try my luck at finding a room (and a sympathetic CM)...it is our honeymoon and we are first time DVC'ers. Perhaps I can wiggle my way in. If not we will probably stay at POR. It's more pts. then a DVC resort but still "free" over SOG. No DDP though but that's ok. :)
Are you saying there are no studios available at any of the WDW DVC resorts or no studios at SSR? It looks like you are within 60 days of your trip and at the 60 day mark, DVC releases inventory to CRO to be booked for cash so that could be affecting availability. When you get your member number, call MS, let them know you are a brand new member hoping to book your honeymoon at a DVC resort and let's hope some magic happens. pixiedust: Good luck!!

That's what my guide said..no studios anywhere. But I am staying positive and hoping for some Disney pixie dust being sprinkled my way!! :wizard:

Well I got my member # today and called MS. I was able to get a studio at SSR for the last five nights of my trip. The first 4 nights I will be converting points to stay at Coronado Springs. Has anyone stayed there before? I am very happy with being able to get SSR for the end of my trip!!!! Thanks again for all the advice you guys have sent my way. :goodvibes

Well I got my member # today and called MS. I was able to get a studio at SSR for the last five nights of my trip. The first 4 nights I will be converting points to stay at Coronado Springs. Has anyone stayed there before? I am very happy with being able to get SSR for the end of my trip!!!! Thanks again for all the advice you guys have sent my way. :goodvibes
That's great news!! I've never stayed at CSR but if you don't get any comments here on the DVC boards, head over to the Resorts board where I'm sure you will find lots of info on CSR. It sounds like things worked out really well for you!! Have a wonderful honeymoon and... welcome home!

Welcome Home!
and Congratulations!!!

Do you mind if I ask...what kind of Eventer are you?

I used to compete in 3-day eventing with my horse years and years ago. The name sorta stuck and I still use it even though I gave it up. :goodvibes

Congratulations and :welcome: HOME!

We stayed at CSR during Christmas 2005 and had a great time! In fact, it became our favorite moderate resort after staying there.

Try to request Cabana 9B. It was an awesome location! Right next to Bus stop #1 and a very short stroll to the lobby and Pepper Market. Pepper Market is one of those places that you will either love or hate because it is so different from the normal counter service/food court set up. We loved it! Offerings were huge and there was so much to choose from besides the normal hamburger and hot dog fare. Had a steak and baked potato during our stay there that was pretty good!

Cabana 9B is also just a brief walk across the bridge to the Main Pool. We also rented one of the Surrey Bikes and spent an enjoyable afternoon just touring the resort.

Even though it's huge, we found the resort to be very quiet and the landscaping is beautiful. We thought the bus service was one of the best we've experienced as CSR does not share with any other resort. I don't know if anything has changed, but at the time, CSR was also the closest stop to/from the MK entrance.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Thanks..the more I read the more I like CSR. I noticed that it wasn't really near any other hotels and was hoping it wouldn't share a bus. That's great!! :thumbsup2

I used to compete in 3-day eventing with my horse years and years ago. The name sorta stuck and I still use it even though I gave it up. :goodvibes

Woo-hoo, I was hoping so. My dd does eventing; we just returned from a trip to Lexington to watch this year's Rolex. It was awesome. They'll show the highlights on tv this Sunday evening, NBC. It's nice to meet another horse person on the DIS.

Woo-hoo, I was hoping so. My dd does eventing; we just returned from a trip to Lexington to watch this year's Rolex. It was awesome. They'll show the highlights on tv this Sunday evening, NBC. It's nice to meet another horse person on the DIS.
Wow!! That must have been fun to watch!! The only event near me is the Stuart Horse Trials..not sure if you have heard of that one. I actually ride western now..I retrained my Xracehorse! He actually does well and enjoys it. I think I am too old to do anything fast anymore!! :rotfl: My heart is in my throat too much now!!! Wish your DD luck for me if she does any competing this summer!!! :thumbsup2

I really like the hot tub at CSR and margaritas too! The pool slide at CSR is superior to many, I think better than AKL and definitely POFQ. Another building I like is 8B It's across the lake from Pepper Market, but close to the feature pool, and it sits so there aren't any parking lot views. Try sitting in the hammocks too. This can be a romantic resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter