Just had to share if you love the Mickey Waffles

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We had read previously about a mix that was the same as what is used at WDW for the mickey waffles. Well we of course had the mickey waffles during our April trip so that special flavor was still in our minds.

I bought Carbon's Golden Malted pancake/waffle mix and we tried them last night -- It was dead on, even my picky husband said it was definitely it. The house smelled amazing and we were able to get our mickey waffle fix right at home (minus the mickey).

There must be some clause that they can't mention Disney on their advertising because WDW is not mentioned any where on their website or packaging, but it does state that it is the "same waffles and pancakes served at America's best hotels, restaurants and theme parks" -- hmmm I wonder who they could mean?

So if you love those Mickey waffles and need a little Disney fix definitely try them.

I think I am one of the few people who don't care for the waffles. They are often too hard and lack much flavor for me.

I'm pretty sure they won't taste the same without this:

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-waffle-maker-1416049

Then you'd just need to make your family wake up at some ungodly hour, charge them $10/waffle and they'd have the full experience. As a bonus, you can rush them through the waffles and have them stand in a slow moving circle the backyard under the blazing hot sun for good measure.

I'm pretty sure they won't taste the same without this:

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-waffle-maker-1416049

Then you'd just need to make your family wake up at some ungodly hour, charge them $10/waffle and they'd have the full experience. As a bonus, you can rush them through the waffles and have them stand in a slow moving circle the backyard under the blazing hot sun for good measure.

Hilarious!

Bonus tip: if you want that waffle maker go on Amazon instead. It's $10 less than the disney site. And sometimes it's on sale at Target or Walmart for $20. But I will caution (b/c me kids got me it for Xmas one year....little gift for themselves since they have me make them for breakfast for them!) - the waffles in that come out more like thick pancakes than waffles. And it's a really big waffle

They also have this on Amazon as well that looks more like the right sized waffle, albeit looking like an Eggo.

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-DCM-4...pID=41Qc83Bx2XL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

the waffles in that come out more like thick pancakes than waffles.
I know that is why i haven't bothered buying one. I just use my belgim waffle maker so it gets the right thickness and crust.

I guess years ago WDW used to sell one that was the same or very similar to the ones at WDW, but i guess with safety issues and them catching fire they pulled them from the market. I did see one on ebay, but no need to risk having a fire to have the shape.

I think I am one of the few people who don't care for the waffles. They are often too hard and lack much flavor for me.

That’s because they’ve just been sitting there.

They use that mix for the “make your own” waffle stations at two offsite hotels at Disneyland, and they taste much better when they are fresh.

(In case anyone is curious...the hotels with included breakfast that have the waffle stations are Desert Palms and Country Inn and Suites)

The waffles on DCL are always hot and fresh (and smell really good) because they are constantly replenishing the breakfast lines. Great way to start the morning with a sea breeze in outside seating with hot fresh waffles, then go back for something else. I wish I could cook; I'd try the Carbon's mix.

I wish I could cook; I'd try the Carbon's mix.
You can handle this -- it was a matter of melting butter, adding water and and egg to the dry ingredients. If you have a waffle maker you are all set. I loved them so much that i immediately hopped on amazon to buy a 3 pack and they happen to have gluten free ones for my father -- it will be interesting to see if those taste the same.

You can handle this -- it was a matter of melting butter, adding water and and egg to the dry ingredients. If you have a waffle maker you are all set. I loved them so much that i immediately hopped on amazon to buy a 3 pack and they happen to have gluten free ones for my father -- it will be interesting to see if those taste the same.
Thank you for the encouragement. I'll look into it. Received a Belgium waffle maker years ago and never used it. This maybe the time to open the box and give it a try.

Reactions: AGP
I'll look into it. Received a Belgium waffle maker years ago and never used it. This maybe the time to open the box and give it a try.
Dust it off and give it a whirl -- you won't be disappointed! Just the smell in the house is worth it.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'll look into it. Received a Belgium waffle maker years ago and never used it. This maybe the time to open the box and give it a try.

You def. can cook waffles easy with it, even if a beginner cook. You'll surprise yourself. Next thing you know you'll be making waffle sundaes, waffle ice cream sandwiches and chicken & waffles (ok well that last one will take some time, but first two are easy!).

You def. can cook waffles easy with it, even if a beginner cook. You'll surprise yourself. Next thing you know you'll be making waffle sundaes, waffle ice cream sandwiches and chicken & waffles (ok well that last one will take some time, but first two are easy!).
Update: I took the waffle machine out of the box and read the directions. Ordered Carbon's Golden Malted Original waffle flour on line. Giving it a go for next weekend. Yikes!

Update: I took the waffle machine out of the box and read the directions. Ordered Carbon's Golden Malted Original waffle flour on line. Giving it a go for next weekend. Yikes!

Awesome! You'll do great. Keep us updated on how they come out. Post a pic if you can!

We are going to turn you into a chef in no time!! Just a little tip on the waffle cook time - I wasn't sure (as my husband usually makes them) - they will steam a lot when cooking initially, when the steaming starts to slow or disappears you are probably done. On a medium heat setting i think they were done in about 4-5 minutes. You can open to check it after it has been cooking for 3-4 minutes. If your waffle make has a temperature setting put it on a medium/in the middle.

Also don't forget the cooking spray on your waffle maker irons.

Good luck and report back!!

Can you buy it any where it just on Amazon?
you can buy it on their website too. I think i saw that if you spend $49 it is free shipping. If you have amazon prime it is free shipping so if you have prime and you only want to try one container then it is cheaper that way.

That’s because they’ve just been sitting there.

They use that mix for the “make your own” waffle stations at two offsite hotels at Disneyland, and they taste much better when they are fresh.

(In case anyone is curious...the hotels with included breakfast that have the waffle stations are Desert Palms and Country Inn and Suites)

Ill have to try some fresh ones when I get a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter