Just me, 4 Dd's and a trailer?

house_of_princesses

<font color=FF66FF>Has a multitude of DIS friends
Well, I was thrown off my track last week. My dear Husband died last Sunday. I have been posting on the Community Board. Therapy.

My children want to know if we're still going to WDW this November. We were going to trailer the camper down. I have pulled it myself. But I haven't hitched it up, backed it in or hooked it up to the site.

So my question is this... if I'm able to get it down there somehow, do you think I could get help backing it in? I know they say a CM would help, but then I hear that they really don't know how to do such things. (It's 33'.) Do you think I could just ask the next guy down to help? Please, think realistically. If some woman approached you in the campground, told her sad story, and asked for help.... would you gladly, willingly do it or have some reservations? I would appreciate your feedback.

Please, don't think me odd to ask such a question at a time like this. I've been pouring my heart out on the Community Forum, and my girls just need something happy to look forward to. But, I don't know if I can do this alone.

We're all just looking for answers to both tough and crazily silly questions.

Thanks.

We have only stayed at FW once, for a week during the last July 4th holiday. Everyone was extremely nice and I feel sure that you could get either a CM or another camper to help you get backed in and set up.

I can only begin to imagine how hard this is for you and your girls. I hope that continuing to plan this trip will help you cope with things. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

so sorry to hear of your loss,

If someone were to approach me and ask for assistance i would have not problem helping out, if you call fort wilderness ahead of time and let them know the situation i'm sure they would help, if not another rver would certainly step up to the plate, best of luck to

Vicki....I'm glad to hear that your still considering your trip in November....I figure by then it will be a very welcome distraction for you and your DD's....

I would start by calling FW and asking if there would be anyone on staff available to help you out based on your situation. If not don't give up hope....I would also post on these boards if there might be some one who arrives or is there during your arrival date that would be willing to help you back the trailer up....I think based on the power and magic that I have seen coming out of the good will on these boards you will probably find your Angel on the boards....

But if you fail here (I don't think you will) I'm sure that the first person you ask that is staying at FW would be more then willing to help you and your girls...

{{{{HUGS and PRAYERS}}}}}

PS Vicki....

I wouldn't just limit my search for help to the Camping board....I post my request on the CB as so many over there know about your situation and there would be more possiblities that even though somebody isn't camping but would have the ability and knowledge to back up your camper.....

Vicki,
What day were you planning on getting there? I can't remember. We'll be on the cruise 11/30-12/4. Then we go over to WDW. My parents are seasoned campers and my dad can back a trailer into just about anywhere. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help if times are right.
If not, I'm positive you'd be able to find willing helpers. Campers are typically great people!
{{{hugs}}}

OhioMinnie, You're always there, aren't you?!!

We arrive Fort Wilderness 11/29. Provided my folks don't have a corornary over this. I KNOW there will be oppostition. But then, I am me and I love sitting atop the Rock of Gibralter. ;) Once my mind is made up, only God can move it.

I don't think you'll have any problems finding someone willing to help you out. I don't think you'd have problems with someone willing to help you out even if you didn't tell them about your situation. I know my husband would help and it seems that most campers in most situations are willing to help when/where they can.
But I dare say you'd probably be hard pressed to find ONE person in the entire camp that would say "no" when you asked for help if you also explained why you needed help. It would take a very coldhearted person to turn you down knowing your situation and why you are in that situation. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you and your girls are going through. I hope your WDW trip helps you to cope and are able to have a good time, even for just a little while -while on vacation. You gals deserve it. {{hugs}}

I was going to offer my assistance but I see you will be there the end of November and I will be there the beginning. Sorry.

Anyway, it has always been an unwritten rule of campers to help back a unit in if necessary. I have been on the giving and receiving end of this many times and never had to ask or be asked. I would guess that you will not have any problems getting help, and in fact may get more help than you need, so don't worry.

Let me offer my condolences for your loss on behalf of myself and the ftwildernessguy family.

:D

I'll just echo the other here. Your should not worry about finding help. One reason I love to camp is the people around you. Once others find out your loss, you will have more help than you can use and find many new friends along to way.

Have fun

Charles in Ga.
:D

All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Although I would not be of any help. I can bearly drive my own car in reverse-LOL. Here is a another web-site that has a Fr. Wilderness message board. ...

http://www.disneycampers.com/

Maybe putting your story there may help in firming up some assistance for you. The more people hear your story the better the chances of your needs being met.

As said by the others - I'm sure anyone around that was able to help you would. Campers are always friendly and helpful, especially at the "Magical World of Disney".

Good luck. I hope you have a safe and happy stay!

After reading this and your other posts on the Comm. Board last night, I went to bed. I lay there crying for you and your DD's but also crying for the way we all tend to take too many things in life for granted. I layed my hand on my husband's chest and for the first time in 18 years his snoring didn't annoy me, instead, it lulled me to sleep. I have vowed to appreciate each and every day that we have together, whether it be another week, year or 40 years. I'm never going to be too busy for a hug again. Your story and the telling of how you and DH never let the sun set in anger has inspired me and countless other spouses who read these boards!
With regards to the camper and going to WDW. I thought about what I would do if I were in your place. I'm also in my late 30's w/ 4 kids. I think I would go! I would put my husband's shirt over the back of the driver's seat so I could "lean on him" during the drive. I think that the fact that you are even considering taking the trip indicates that you have the strength and fortitude to see your family through this great loss. Your girls will see and feel this strength and it will comfort and inspire them.

I think trying to line up assistance for parking the camper will give you peace of mind during the drive down and you should pusue this. But if you don't get planned assistance, I have no doubt that someone, probably several people, will be very willing to help you at the spur of the moment. I just wish we were going to be down there! My DH could park the camper and I could give you and the girls a big. long, teary hug!
Hang in there and keep posting. If we don't hear from you we will worry!

I think I would go! I would put my husband's shirt over the back of the driver's seat so I could "lean on him" during the drive.

CrazyMomOf4, What a wonderful idea! Think I may do that even for the day to day running. Although, my liscense has been temporarily suspended by my parents. Don't want me causing more upheaval with a car wreck. I keep melting down and zoning out. Not a good thing while driving.

Thanks again to all for your encouragement. If I can get some practice beforehand, think I'll go for it!

Vicki,
I am glad you are going to try and keep your plans for your children. I am truly sorry for your loss.
we will be in ft. wildnerness The day after Thanksgiving and they whole next week until Dec. 6. My husband will park the trailer for you..... you can email me anytime I will give you my cell phone number so when you get there you can call me and let me know what site you will be in and we will meet you there....

Another option is the Cabins in ft. Wilderness you can enjoy everything in the campground but do not have to pull the camper if that is going to be an big issue with your family..

Either way know that you will have friends there to help you get set up...

Prayers and hugs coming your way...

Originally posted by cyndilou01
Vicki, we will be in ft. wildnerness The day after Thanksgiving and they whole next week until Dec. 6. My husband will park the trailer for you..... you can email me anytime I will give you my cell phone number so when you get there you can call me and let me know what site you will be in and we will meet you there....
Either way know that you will have friends there to help you get set up...

cyndilou01 ~ That is SO nice of you and your husband!!! I feel better knowing someone will be down there for Vicki. If you have the time, we'd love to read a trip report of your meeting!

DIS'ers are the greatest!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am so glad that you have someone all ready to help you when you get there.
I think that it is a great idea for you and the girls to go, you all need to have something fun to look forward to. I would also encourage you to practice, driving and parking the camper, go to a big, empty parking lot, and go at it.... You can do it.
I really admire your courage right now.....
Take care.

cyndilou01 ...You and your DH are awesome....I just knew H of P would find help on the DIS Boards.....

I wish you a wonderful trip....keep us posted...

I'm so happy that you found someone to help with your camper. You and the girls deserve to get away for a vacation. I am the mother of five dd's! I know my girls would still want to go even though things will be different. God bless you.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are very brave to consider driving so far pulling your RV. I will pray for you and your girls and hope the trip will be just the thing to keep you moving forward everyday. Should your dates change for any reason we will be at All Star Movies from the 15th to the 22 and my DH and my Father will come over and back you in and return to hook you up to leave. They both are very good at backing! God bless you and your princesses!:)

Thank you all for the kindnesses! I have to tell you, I feel a bit odd, coming here at this time. But, the folks on the CB have already scolded me ;) and I know I did the right thing. My computer has been down for two days (Still is, this is another one), so haven't been able to keep up.... It made me cry to see the offers of assistance, well wishes. It amazes me that such a great group of folks have found one another here on the DIS.

I will keep a list of names for my backer upper go-to guys... When we get closer to time of departure, I'll get in touch and see what we can work out. I promise.

Words fail me. (Highly unusual.) Thank you for being here.

Vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter