Just off the Magic... some random musings...

Mainly because on many of our other DCL cruises, it seems like everyone is Gold or Platinum (especially on the MV of the Wish, because, well, everyone was Platinum…).

However, at the 25th Party when the CD (Peter) asked who was 1st time, it seemed like about 75% of the people out there. I’m just used to a lot more repeat cruisers, I guess.
We had the same thing on our Wonder cruise in February. 3/4 of the people were first timers. I have been told it is usually closer to 1/4 for first timers.

Well, I did too, but I put the comment card in my back pocket to drop off as we left the cruise and when we got home last night, I realized that it was still in my back pocket! Oh well...
I do that almost every cruise. Not my back pocket, but my purse. You’re rushed to get off the ship and it’s easy to forget. I did get a survey when we returned home. I was hoping they would questions about the quality of the food and service but no.

The asked which pronouns we used a, our LGBTQIA’s status how much money we make, which news sources we read. They actually listed around 15 news sites from mainstream to left and right leaning websites. Which social media sites we use and which streaming services we use. There was some other wierd stuff, but it was very telling what they were trying to figure out in this survey.

I put in the comment section of the survey that they should worry about the quality of the food. because it was bad and not the guests pronouns.

Just to add other than the bad food and the dining room service team it was a great cruise. My son had a great time in the 1820 society barely saw him the whole cruise. That reason alone will keep us on DCL for a couple more years. They are losing me on the other stuff though.

I couldn’t believe they didn’t have a 25 anniversary dooney.
I’m glad you enjoyed the Magic. It’s still the best in my opinion

We’re cruising the Magic for the first time out of Puerto Rico next April. It will be our first trip on a classic ship. Thanks for the report.

We just did a Southern Caribbean this Spring. It was so nice having a different itinerary. For me, the Magic is my “home” ship, having sailed it the most. It’s more like Middle Earth - smaller and cozier - you Hobbits should enjoy it.

If you can arrive early the day before or a whole extra day - or a day after and catch the early flight home - check out Old San Juan or El Yunque Rain Forest.

Have a great time.

We’re cruising the Magic for the first time out of Puerto Rico next April. It will be our first trip on a classic ship. Thanks for the report.
I’m about to sign us up too although it seems we picked the “other” April cruise….the one that goes to Aruba.
Just to add other than the bad food and the dining room service team it was a great cruise. My son had a great time in the 1820 society barely saw him the whole cruise. That reason alone will keep us on DCL for a couple more years. They are losing me on the other stuff though.

I couldn’t believe they didn’t have a 25 anniversary dooney.
I’m glad you enjoyed the Magic. It’s still the best in my opinion
We just got off the Wonder this week and am really looking forward to the Magic. Hubby and I wondered the entire cruise what the 1820 Society was! What is it exactly? We never struggled to find something to do, as a matter of fact, hubs would have just prefered i let him sit on the balcony the entire trip 🤪 I managed to get a 25th Anniversary pin and Spirit Jersey but it was definitely slim pickins on our Alaskan cruise….and I desperately wanted Minnie in her fur coat stuffie!

Hubby and I wondered the entire cruise what the 1820 Society was! What is it exactly?
It's a "club" for the 18 through 20 year olds onboard. Doesn't have an actual club space, but sort of a transition group between high school and adult ages.

They meet up the first night with a CM and discuss what activities they'd be interested in pursuing while onboard and the CM helps facilitate that.

Thank you for the review and insights. Out of 11 cruises we have only been on the Magic once. We are currently looking at one out of Ft Lauderdale next August and this is making me more excited to book it 😃

Thank you for the review and insights. Out of 11 cruises we have only been on the Magic once. We are currently looking at one out of Ft Lauderdale next August and this is making me more excited to book it 😃
We have now done all 5 ships, Magic last, and in my opinion, it was probably the most magical. I think the smaller ships have fewer/shorter queues and faster service in the dining rooms. I do think adult specialty restaurants are better on the bigger ships (we prefer Remy to Palo)... but almost everything else we prefer the Magic. I should mention that my daughter and I love Rapunzel, so that probably has us a bit biased.

The Magic tends to have the itineraries that I want but it was a one and done for me

Well, I did too, but I put the comment card in my back pocket to drop off as we left the cruise and when we got home last night, I realized that it was still in my back pocket! Oh well...
I took a photo front and back of my comment card and sent it into the DCL by email at their request I wanted to be sure they rec'd it. I always feel rushed on the last day, keep the survey in my pocket and still forget! Iiwant to be sure to acknowledge those CM's who have gone above and beyond. I feel if DCL asks the questions they must really want an answer.

I’m about to sign us up too although it seems we picked the “other” April cruise….the one that goes to Aruba.

We just got off the Wonder this week and am really looking forward to the Magic. Hubby and I wondered the entire cruise what the 1820 Society was! What is it exactly? We never struggled to find something to do, as a matter of fact, hubs would have just prefered i let him sit on the balcony the entire trip 🤪 I managed to get a 25th Anniversary pin and Spirit Jersey but it was definitely slim pickins on our Alaskan cruise….and I desperately wanted Minnie in her fur coat stuffie!
We’re doing that one. Aruba, St Marteen, Curacao, and Dominica. Wanted a different itinerary and ship.

Thanks for the report. Though my friends said it was still just as great. So looking forward to my cruise in August 2024. Cruise 32 for Dad and I

Is there a formal April 20-27, 2024 DCL Magic cruise thread? I didn’t see one linked in the “Find your Magic Cruise” thread. I did find a group on Facebook, though. Our April cruise will be here before we know it and it has become “real” since the PIF date is past!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter