Just off the Wish

I agree.. the seats were not comfortable at all but even worse was the couch in the stateroom. That thing was so hard it was hard to sit on it hurt.
Maybe that’s why they didn’t put the TV there. We needed a pillow from the bed just to sit on the couch and read for a little bit.

So in your opinion, would you say it is worth going on once or should I stick with the Dream?

Question, When you say Movie Theatre, are you talking about Neverland/Wonderland or are you talking about the WD theatre?

We watched Wakanda Forever in November on the Wish in the Wonderland theatre and thought the seats were incredibly comfortable. I did prefer the Buena Vista Theatre seats on the Dream/Fantasy over the Wish, but still better than the seats in the theatre on Magic/Wonder

The seats in the WD theatre are designed for you to sit for an hour, not a full movie so I try to avoid those showings in the main theatre. We saw Infinity War in 2018 on the Dream in the WD theatre and I had to stretch in the isle every 30 min.

So in your opinion, would you say it is worth going on once or should I stick with the Dream?
We sailed 11/28/22 and absolutely loved it. It is a big departure from the original ships in ways but is very enjoyable. As with any ship it has its quirks.

We decided that we will sail the original 4 until the Treasure comes out and hopefully things get a bit more cost effective on the Wish. If you decide to wait for the "Inaugural premium price" to fall off it might be a bit more cost effective. I would not encourage sailing on anything less than a 4 night though.

We sailed 11/28/22 and absolutely loved it. It is a big departure from the original ships in ways but is very enjoyable. As with any ship it has its quirks.

We decided that we will sail the original 4 until the Treasure comes out and hopefully things get a bit more cost effective on the Wish. If you decide to wait for the "Inaugural premium price" to fall off it might be a bit more cost effective. I would not encourage sailing on anything less than a 4 night though.

Thanks. It would be a 4-night. My debate is while part of me would like to experience the Wish, I definitely have my concerns (largely the evening adult district being non-existent and how broken up those spaces are). In looking at pricing, I'd do the Wish with a day or two before at WDW - and I can do the Dream for 5-nights with a night before in Miami or Ft Lauderdale and it would be just about the same price with the Wish/WDW maybe a bit more depending on what resort I chose.

If they would announce MDAS on the Dream again, I'd have my decision made 100% Dream.

Thanks. It would be a 4-night. My debate is while part of me would like to experience the Wish, I definitely have my concerns (largely the evening adult district being non-existent and how broken up those spaces are). In looking at pricing, I'd do the Wish with a day or two before at WDW - and I can do the Dream for 5-nights with a night before in Miami or Ft Lauderdale and it would be just about the same price with the Wish/WDW maybe a bit more depending on what resort I chose.

If they would announce MDAS on the Dream again, I'd have my decision made 100% Dream.
It would be awesome if they come up with another "Day at Sea" for the Magic and leave Marvel as is on the Dream.

We sailed on a less than full ship (3500) and had no issues with the adult areas. Although the districts in the Dream/Fantasy are nice, the spread out atmosphere of the wish is nice also. The majority of things are on Deck's 3 and 4 within an easy walk.

Reactions: NAB

The adult district is not all together but the entertainment in Luna is the same as the main venues on other ships. Hosts in there were great! There is Night in Gales for the piano bar etc. The Pub.

I usually only went into the main one every night no matter what ship.

We went around Christmas time and it was very busy. We cancelled the 3 night BB and just did the
4 night combined with WDW. The ship was beautiful but I am glad we experienced it and none of us (12)
came home sick.
Overall I won't go on again and I agree with most reviews. Just like the parks the price to value is questionable.

The whole ship reminded me of when my friend bought a 7 bedroom house. I was so excited to see it
imagining all the room. Well it was 7 bedrooms but they were all so SMALL. Still glad we went to see it.

Last edited:
This makes me feel so much better, because I was in agony and barely made it though Aladdin. We skipped Little Mermaid. After our WIsh cruise we were back on the Fantasy (this month), and it was like night and day. I get it right, make the seats smaller and with less padding, so you can fit in more seats and save some money. But it will play into my decision on which ship(s) to sail in the future. I find it hard to believe we are the only two who noticed this. I really look forward to the DCL shows, but not so much on the new ship and I have no reason to think the Treasure will be any different.
It looked like the side balcony seats that only have 2 or 3 rows may have been roomier and I wonder if sitting in the front row of the balcony would feel any roomier, but the wall/railing may not buy much either. It wouldn't keep me from going to the shows on future cruises, but I don't think I would want to watch a feature length movie in there.

It looked like the side balcony seats that only have 2 or 3 rows may have been roomier and I wonder if sitting in the front row of the balcony would feel any roomier, but the wall/railing may not buy much either. It wouldn't keep me from going to the shows on future cruises, but I don't think I would want to watch a feature length movie in there.
We sat in the very front corner of the balcony front row and middle front row of the balcony. Neither had any more leg room and were just as uncomfortable as the balcony 3rd row. One of the seats in the front corner is unusable for anyone with legs because of how the curve of the wall comes around in front of it.

The whole ship reminded me of when my friend bought a 7 bedroom house. I was so excited to see it
imagining all the room. Well it was 7 bedrooms but they were all so SMALL. Still glad we went to see it.
Wow, this is a pretty accurate description of it. "Come see my new house, it is really big and really expensive!" You show up so excited for his mansion and realize upon getting there that you really should try to say something nice about it, but it falls far short of your expectations. Given the right circumstances, I would definitely go back, but it is not top of the list.

Also for Dug, it's not a bad ship, and you'll have a good time. It's just not as good as the other four. It's sad, but it's true. Just so many choices that left us scratching our heads.

Also for Dug, it's not a bad ship, and you'll have a good time. It's just not as good as the other four. It's sad, but it's true. Just so many choices that left us scratching our heads.

Thank you. I guess that's what happens when someone who has never been on a cruise gets put in charge of designing it.

I'm thinking at this point I'll stick with the Dream. Maybe some of the questionable things will get remedied if not on the Treasure then on the other one coming.

Thank you. I guess that's what happens when someone who has never been on a cruise gets put in charge of designing it.

I'm thinking at this point I'll stick with the Dream. Maybe some of the questionable things will get remedied if not on the Treasure then on the other one coming.
Yes, I watched that National Geographic special about the making of the Wish. I also wonder what impact the travel restrictions and supply chain problems played as well. It looks beautiful and I’m excited to see it. If it’s not as good then we’ll just have to go on another cruise on another ship. Oh, darn!

Like I said before, the Wish was our first experience on DCL and there was nothing about the ship or our cruise that would keep me from doing it all over again. When we book our next one which ship will be the absolute bottom of the list of considerations or deciding factors. It will end up being a combination of which sailings fit our schedule and what is the biggest bang for our buck.

This one our final decision came down to the Wish (3 Day) out of Port Canaveral or the Dream (4 day) out of Miami. The cost of the cruise was almost the same (Dream would have been slightly cheaper), but flights for us to Miami were more expensive. We ended up settling on the Wish because it was for our 20th Anniversary and was just the 2 of us (so if we were going to pay the premium to be on the Wish it was better when it was just 2 of us instead of 6). It is pretty much a guarantee that any other ship will be more economical for the entire family when we book the next one unless getting to port is more expensive than Port Canaveral for us. If cost is the same again, we will most likely choose the longer sailings going forward.

If we chose a 3 day again it would probably be along with a trip to the parks on the same trip or something like that. However, that being said bottom line is 3 days is still better than 0 days...

Question, When you say Movie Theatre, are you talking about Neverland/Wonderland or are you talking about the WD theatre?

We watched Wakanda Forever in November on the Wish in the Wonderland theatre and thought the seats were incredibly comfortable. I did prefer the Buena Vista Theatre seats on the Dream/Fantasy over the Wish, but still better than the seats in the theatre on Magic/Wonder

The seats in the WD theatre are designed for you to sit for an hour, not a full movie so I try to avoid those showings in the main theatre. We saw Infinity War in 2018 on the Dream in the WD theatre and I had to stretch in the isle every 30 min.
The movie theater (Wonderland in this case, but I assume they’re both the same). We went to see Strange World, which is less than 2 hours, but only made it about 2/3 of the way through because we had to get up and move around. The seats are oddly sloped forward so that you feel like you’re slipping out, and our backs were killing us.
We very much like the movie theaters on the Dream/Fantasy, and are OK on the Magic/Wonder, though the legroom isn’t as good. But the Wish was unbearable.

We had mixed results in the main theater. We liked the front row of the balcony, but as we went further back in the balcony it got more uncomfortable. We also were fine in the front row of the second section on the main floor; didn’t try any other seats on that level.

I recall the movie theater seats on the Dream being fairly uncomfortable when I took my older son in 2018. The seat was hard and sloped forward. The only thing that kept us in the theater was that the film (Thor Ragnarok) was so good. Later on the same cruise we walked out of whatever Star Wars film was showing.

Open question to anyone who has gone on the Wish. With such short cruises offered on the Wish and brunch (on other ships) are only offered on At Sea days, I was wondering how hard was it to get a reservation for the brunch? Is there more seating on the wish than the other Palo restaurants on other ships?

Open question to anyone who has gone on the Wish. With such short cruises offered on the Wish and brunch (on other ships) are only offered on At Sea days, I was wondering how hard was it to get a reservation for the brunch? Is there more seating on the wish than the other Palo restaurants on other ships?
The bigger the party trying to get a reservation, the easier it is to get brunch reservations. The only exclusion to that is Concierge since they get first dibs. Others have noted it is extremely challenging to get a Palo reservation for a smaller party (2, 3, 4). The dining room seemed to be about the same size as the Dream/Fantasy.

Sorry, just answering the question. Not the cruiser. We have only done 7 night or longer for that exact reason. We were booked back to back on the Wish, but they got canceled when the ship got delayed.
Those cancellations seem to have worked out well for a lot of people. I'm going to book the first Treasure cruise and see what happens.

When we were in the Wish back in August, the Arrendelle show included Olaf. I guess he was removed????
Technical difficulties I know they were B mode with a costume character…on the 1/16-1/20 the animatronic was there
I found the seats in the Walt Disney theater to also be pretty bad. I could imagine trying to do Avatar in those seats.
Definitely hit/miss the left side definitely was more comfortable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter