Just off the Wish

Yes, we saw him at dinner this week too.

I’ll post my overall thoughts in another thread later this week, but @Dug720, we just booked for this week again next year…and we’re going on the Dream.

Thanks! I opted for the Dream. :) All set for 2/18/24.

I have very similar sentiments for nearly all of those. We just got off on Monday. However, I didn't have an issue with the theatre seats and we watched Wakanda Forever which is a long movie. However, those couches are TERRIBLE. I was shocked at how bad it was.

Olaf was there at dinner. He was being pushed around by Oaken.

We are platinum and didn't get fruit or chocolates or whatever. I completely forgot about that. Is it supposed to be automatic or do we have to call?

My other gripe was that there were no fresh fruits, salads, wraps, or sandwiches up by the pool deck like on the other ships. I often like to have a little fruit for an afternoon snack or a little salad with my pizza. Maybe I'm in the minority, but it helps break up all the other unhealthy stuff I'm consuming.

The ship overall felt sort of sterile and bland. Like it was a Hyatt that they gussied up with some Disney vibes.

The activities were great though and staff attentive, shows good, food good. Palo brunch was really lovely.

My other gripe was that there were no fresh fruits, salads, wraps, or sandwiches up by the pool deck like on the other ships. I often like to have a little fruit for an afternoon snack or a little salad with my pizza. Maybe I'm in the minority, but it helps break up all the other unhealthy stuff I'm consuming.
That was one of the observations we had as well… especially with the hours of marceline market being extremely limited

On more than one occasion my mom commented about how she missed the cafe adjacent to the atrium on “Regal Princess” that was open 24 hours or close to it and served lite bites throughout the day

I noticed that as well, and I was not pleased.
I guess they figure you can get your fresh fruit at the buffet or through room service.
(or they have oranges in the spa waiting room)

I know it's Festival of Foods but with the FF logo, I kept thinking it was Fairfax Fare. :rotfl:
Also the coleslaw was salty. :crazy2:

I guess they figure you can get your fresh fruit at the buffet or through room service.
I ended up getting a bowl of fruit for breakfast and taking it into my room and stowing it in the fridge (drawer?) and then pulling it out later in the day. It worked, but how hard would it be to have some fruit at one of those places?

The room service fruit was meh and took forever. I prefer to select my own so there is less waste. We aren't really into cantaloupe or honeydew.

I have very similar sentiments for nearly all of those. We just got off on Monday. However, I didn't have an issue with the theatre seats and we watched Wakanda Forever which is a long movie. However, those couches are TERRIBLE. I was shocked at how bad it was.

Olaf was there at dinner. He was being pushed around by Oaken.

We are platinum and didn't get fruit or chocolates or whatever. I completely forgot about that. Is it supposed to be automatic or do we have to call?

The ship overall felt sort of sterile and bland. Like it was a Hyatt that they gussied up with some Disney vibes.

The activities were great though and staff attentive, shows good, food good. Palo brunch was really lovely.
We had to call guest services then they told us to call room service to pick and be delivered. Usually we get a call asking what we want.

Yes! I really missed the sandwiches and fresh cut fruit. Just of the Magic and loved having lunch at Daisy’s.

To address a few questions:
Yes, we did BTBTB (3- 4- 3- nights).
We did this because it was a new ship to us and we wanted to see everything. But wouldn’t do that routinely (though we do have a 7-night total BTB scheduled later this year).
If you have the same stateroom (which we did), you do not have to pack when you leave the ship. Just take your passports and any essentials, leave the ship around 9:45, go through customs, wait in a designated location in the boarding area, then re-board around 11:15.
Our name was announced the first time we boarded. With BTB, you re-board as a group earlier than everyone else - no name announcements then.
We got our platinum gift (we chose truffles) on each cruise, but we had to call room service to request it. We also got three sets of bags, water bottles, etc. in our stateroom - one set at the beginning of each cruise.
Our stateroom host was awesome! We had the same one for all three cruises, and saw him all the time. He also made some of the best towel animals we’ve ever had. We would definitely request him again.
To be fair, the third cruise was challenging. The weather was terrible - cold and about as windy as I’ve ever seen. We couldn’t dock in Nassau, and our server told us that down below things were so bad that all his stuff went flying off shelves. I’m not sure how he did it, but Captain Andy did manage to dock us at Castaway. But most everything was cancelled because of cold and wind, and very few people even attempted to go in the water. We felt really bad for people who were on their one and only cruise, because they missed so much of what’s great on DCL.
Happy to answer other questions anyone might have 😀
Was 1923 open for lunch on embarkation day? We would like to go directly there when we board!! I understand they have 2 lunch menus...depending on what side you sit on?
One final question. Was there a Pirate buffet?
Any info is appreciated.
TIA

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter