Just returned from 11 days -- many reviews

jmpellet

DIS Veteran
Because we traveled with young children (5,4,2) you will see that there are many character dining experiences...

In a nutshell:

The best food: no doubt Le Cellier, impressed from "soup to nuts"
The worst food: Coral Reef, meals were not prepared as asked and the server was pretentious (he was even from my home state go figure)
The best character interaction: Donald's Breakfastasaurus, we had a last ADR (10:20) so maybe they had extra time.

Table breakfasts
Donald's -- good server who came around a lot, great character interaction, good selection of breakfast-type food. Would definitely return.
Arkershus PSB -- server ok, food was good (esp the rolls) and the princesses were interactive and lingered a bit. Would likely return.
Ohanas -- the wait was a bit long, the server barely came around but did refill our drinks when necessary, the food here was awesome and the best breakfast we had. The characters seemed rushed and we had to track down stitch as he never made it to our table. Would definitely return if only for the food.

Table Lunches
Tony's Town Square -- our server was very attentive maybe overly, the food was very good (we like Italian). The apps were good and the desserts were very good. I would return.
Hollywood and Vine -- server was attentive, and the character interaction is really good here. They really get the kids involved. The food is mediocre and I would not return if I had to pay.

Table Dinners
1900 Park -- our server was good and the food was excellent here with good variety. The character interaction was really good especially the mice. A must do in place of the castle!
Crystal Palace -- server was great although the food didn't seem as good as last year. The characters don't seem to linger much here. Overall I like the atmosphere here and would return.
Liberty Tree Tavern -- went at 4 pm night of MNSSHP. Our server was awesome and the characters came around several times. We enjoyed the meal and would definitely return.
Le Cellier -- it's what many say and more. Everything is great here and if I were traveling without small children I might considering eating here every night. The filet was to die for and the desserts were awesome. The service is also very professional.
Coral Reef -- I booked this knowing there have been some recent bad reviews -- the tank was why I included it. Our server ignored us (DDP?), my app (crab and lobster souffle) was nearly stone cold, my MIL's medium prime rib was raw, my medium NY strip was overcooked and the meal delivery person didn't speak English and insisted on giving my 4 year old the prime rib intended for my MIL. All told the bll was nearly $300 and needless to say I would NOT return paying or otherwise!
Chef Mickey's -- (sick son so report from hubby) seated quickly in smaller room off the main area (he liked it for the character interaction), the food was really good and the characters came around a number of times. What can you say Chef Mickey's is the icon of Disney dining.

Many of our counter services were at POFQ where we were staying and it was overall good. My family loved Cosmic Ray's especially the rib combo. We ate at Tusker House in AK which was just OK, Pizza Planet in MGM which was good, Earl of Sandwich which was good. We were pretty full most of the time and had about 7 snacks at the end which of course were easily spent at Goofy's Candy Co.

QUOTE=jmpellet
Coral Reef -- I booked this knowing there have been some recent bad reviews -- the tank was why I included it. Our server ignored us (DDP?), my app (crab and lobster souffle) was nearly stone cold, my MIL's medium prime rib was raw, my medium NY strip was overcooked and the meal delivery person didn't speak English and insisted on giving my 4 year old the prime rib intended for my MIL. All told the bll was nearly $300 and needless to say I would NOT return paying or otherwise!

The server should have told you that this is A COLD APPETIZER. We were there last month & I too was hesitant but our meal was our 2nd best. Sorry your experience was so different from ours. I'd be upset too if we had the same situation.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter