Just returned-VWL

PixiePop

<marquee><font color=blue>I am SO in a smiting moo
Hi~

I just returned from our first DVC trip. We stayed at the VWL and loved it. It was just my son, my mom and I on this trip so I reserved a studio. We had a woods view, close to the pool. Other than the seemingly "never ending" hallway, it was GREAT!!!

If there are any questions, please ask.

I'm glad you had a nice time! I'm not familiar with the never ending hallway at VWL, I thought it was at BWV!

Did you see any wildlife in the woods?

Bobbi :flower:

That's wonderful! We'll be staying in a studio at VWL in 2 weeks! Did you do anything special while at the resort? We're thinking of some of renting a water-mouse and/or a bike rental during our first day there!

Glad you enjoyed our home resort! Was the duck family swimming in the pool with you? When we were there in March there were babies-but I'm sure they are grown and on their own by now! :sunny:

I just booked a two bedroom at VWL for Jan 29th - Feb 3 06. I have a question or two. When checking in at the lobby of the Lodge do you have to go outside in order to get to the villa's or is there an indoor hallway. The pictures I've seen, don't really seem to show me. Are the villa's the long building by the dock where you can rent boats?

What in your opinion's are the best rooms to request and why?

Thanks

Hi,

Glad you had a good time!! Thanks for sharing!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

schatz5k said:
I just booked a two bedroom at VWL for Jan 29th - Feb 3 06. I have a question or two. When checking in at the lobby of the Lodge do you have to go outside in order to get to the villa's or is there an indoor hallway. The pictures I've seen, don't really seem to show me. Are the villa's the long building by the dock where you can rent boats?

What in your opinion's are the best rooms to request and why?

Thanks

I'm not the OP, but I can answer some of your questions.

Yes, you exit through the doors on the right side of the WL lobby and walk outside under a covered walkway to reach the Villas. And again, yes, the villas are in the long building set apart from the main lodge.

Have a great trip, VWL is awesome!

Echo the covered walkway from the main lodge to the villas - it is a nice wide corridor though. VWL is great. One nice thing about VWL is the bus stop is just a very short walk away - to counter that though the boat dock is on the opposite side of the resort. We were okay with that though b/c the bus to MK is much faster than the boat ride.

Thanks for the report! Did you get a chance to do the tour of the Lodge or Flag family with Stan?

Walk from the main lodge to the VWL is about 150 yards at best and it's a covered walkway as previous posters have mentioned.

I'd ask for a quiet pool view, non smoking.

We did see the ducks in the lake....not the pool, the only animals we saw at the lodge were lizards, ducks and other birds...however, we did see an armadillo at EPCOT. I signed up for the flag family but it was booked--oh well, maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter