Kevin, thanks for the review of W.G. Pucks

Rob&Jan

"They can't hit ya"
Thanks for the timely review of Wolf Gang Pucks Cafe, we had ADR's there for Jan 6th after the podcast I promptly called and switched to the Yachtsman Steakhouse again based on your review. Thanks for helping us avoid what I'm sure would have been a less than stellar meal for the price. Keep up the great work on the podcast your information really does make a difference in peoples vacations!!:thumbsup2

This is the first time I have ever disagreed with Kevin. WPC is always a must do for our family when in the World (we go 2 or 3 times per year). We have always had great food and even better service.

As Kevin always reminds us...(1) this is just his opinion; and (2) every restaruant and/or CM can have an off day.

I will say, however, that the treatment he and his party received was completely unacceptable. And the fact that the manager acted that way as well???!?!? Insanity.

For those who have ADRs there...hopefully Kevin hit the wrong person on the wrong day. We have only had wonderful experiences at Puck's.

EDITED TO ADD: We have not been to WPC since ownership changed hands, and I am confident that this has everything to do with these horrendous changes. We will likely go back next time we are in WDW...and I will definitely report back as to whether or not it is still our favorite or if we now agree with Kevin.

I agree. We've always had great meals at Wolfgang Pucks. I lived in Germany for a long time and I get the Wienerschnitzel everytime I go--it's the real thing. Much better than the schnitzel over at Biergarten in Epcot. I like the spinach salad too. And of course, the carrot cake is not to be missed. After that, I waddle back to the hotel. :rolleyes:

The last time my family and I ate at Wolfgang Puck's was in September of 2002. Things must have really changed because We LOVED our meal and we were treated like royalty.

It wasn't so much Kevin's review of the food that turned me off but the treatment that they received. I have no use for rude staff especially to that extent, I'm on vacation and spending hard earned money for a pleasant experience. Theres far to many other choices to take a chance so I think were going to put Wolfgang on the back burner for a while.

I've always had superb service when I was there.

Honestly, you can get bad wait staff at any of the restaurants.

Your right any place can have an off day and honestly we put it in this trip because of positive reviews, we have our favorites but we always like to try a few new places every trip hopefully hitting all of them someday. We have a couple of open nights so maybe we'll try for a walk up and decide for ourselves. thanks for the input.:thumbsup2

I went over to Deb's site and read the most recent reviews. It does appear to have gone downhill. That really saddens me as this was one of our favorite restaurants.

Thanks for doing that, the slippage may coincide with what they were saying about the recent change in ownership ??

Rob

I had a similar, very similar, experience this past September. I put up the excerpt from my trip report for Cory to post.

The food is mediocre and way overpriced, they have no idea what a real sushi bar is supposed to be and do, and our service was about the level of a local Burger King on an indifferent day.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going make my typical statements about my reviews and those are that they are my opinions and they are based on one visit. Your experience may vary and you should find out for yourself.

And I understand what you are all saying about any place having an off night. Even my favorite places can slip occasionally.

With that being said...the feedback I am getting privately is much more negative than positive. Pete asked me to do this review after hearing negative comments. He wanted to know what I thought and you heard what Corey and Julie had to say about their recent visits.

Thanks for listening.

Kevin

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin. It does appear that you're onto something here though. The restaurant has been a consistent winner for us for several years, however, your experience and the most recent reviews I read at Deb's site lead me to believe things have gone downhill. I wonder if it is the new ownership you mentioned? :confused:

So when did Landry's take over Wolf Gang Pucks? And why does Disney keep doing business with this company if it consistantly produces bad service and subpar food?:confused3

I just edited my post above to note that we have not been to WPC since ownership changed hands, and I am confident that this has everything to do with these horrendous changes. We will likely go back next time we are in WDW...and I will definitely report back as to whether or not it is still our favorite or if we can be added to the list of those who have had terrible experiences there. :sad1:

I am assuming that Landry's only owns the WP restaurants at WDW? Because the other ones are still fantastic-- even the quick service in the airport is extremely good.

I am assuming that Landry's only owns the WP restaurants at WDW? Because the other ones are still fantastic-- even the quick service in the airport is extremely good.

I didn't know that there is a WP in the airport ;) . I'll have to try it when we get to Orlando next week. :thumbsup2

If this is true that WP has been purchased by Landry's then this is definitely a step in the downward direction.

The whole point of a celebrity chef having his or her name on the Marquee is to promote that chef’s signature culinary style. How would we feel if Emerl's over at Universal's City Walk was bought out by Aramak?

Don't support these large restaurant conglomerates. What made Disney so special is that you could dine at restaurants that you couldn’t dine at back home! Or at the very least don’t continue to call the restaurant WP, change the name! It’s sort of like false advertisement to me!:mad:

If this is true that WP has been purchased by Landry's then this is definitely a step in the downward direction.

The whole point of a celebrity chef having his or her name on the Marquee is to promote that chef’s signature culinary style. How would we feel if Emerl's over at Universal's City Walk was bought out by Aramak?

Don't support these large restaurant conglomerates. What made Disney so special is that you could dine at restaurants that you couldn’t dine at back home! Or at the very least don’t continue to call the restaurant WP, change the name! It’s sort of like false advertisement to me!:mad:

I concur! Does anybody know how we can voice our concerns to the Disney Brass? I would love a snail mail or email address to send my gripes and complaints to. Does Disney consider the thoughts and opinions of their patrons before making changes? Kevin, John, DIS Staff can you help with this?:confused3

I didn't know that there is a WP in the airport ;) . I'll have to try it when we get to Orlando next week. :thumbsup2

Oops-- sorry! I forgot to say SF airport! I don't know if they have one in the Orlando airport yet, but they should, it's so good!

I haven't eaten there in years BUT since they need a customer service shake up - I got to watch a training video at work a while back. It was called "Give 'Em the Pickle" Perhaps with all the talk about the German Christmas pickle tradition....maybe someone could find this video & wrap it up for them?

(insert dancing pickle here - I don't have one handy!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter