Kid cough

janaehanvey

Earning My Ears
My 3 year old has had a cough for weeks. No fever or other symptoms, just coughing. He’s tested negative for Covid twice. How strict will they be when boarding? Will we be turned away so we shouldn’t even try? Thanks!

The biggest hurdle will be answering the health screening honestly which includes asking about covid symptoms. They might require additional screening but more than likely will be fine. Have you seen a doctor? I would start there and make sure its all okay because a cough shouldn't linger for weeks.

Half the ship will be coughing and a non zero number of adults will have COVID. Strictness is not happening.

I have no information about cruising, but I do know coughs can last for a long time. I would just call your doctor. I had covid in September and I did have a cough for over 2 weeks. I have little kids and if they do get a cough, it can definitely last for a long time.

My child also would cough for weeks after a respiratory infection and well after the contagious period. However, with going on a cruise I would definitely have a check up beforehand and maybe do a repeat covid/RSV test. As someone else mentioned, you do have to fill out a health screen (always have, basic questions like has anyone had diarrhea or vomiting in the last 2 days, etc). Depending on what you answer you may have additional screening.Of course people lie all the time, but that’s on their conscious. Now if your kid is hacking away at checkin and sounds like a lung is coming up, they may pull you for additional screening.

My 3 year old has had a cough for weeks. No fever or other symptoms, just coughing. He’s tested negative for Covid twice. How strict will they be when boarding? Will we be turned away so we shouldn’t even try? Thanks!
Allergies can cause a cough also. I would maybe take your child and have them look deeper into why he has this cough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter