Kidani, HRH & BLT in 6 nights- Yes! We are THAT crazy!Nov 04-10,2009 OBX 4/16/10

Love your Mickey Snowman and it looks fantastic as your avatar! :thumbsup2

I like your DHS day: TSM and OMD. :goodvibes I would love to see more from opening day. DHS must have felt so different then without RnRC and ToT but with a working studio.

I love your Snow Mickey!! And your house is really pretty. I hope we're done with snow. Winter got here early, and has just been staying--time to go!!

Thank-you! We were doing ok with the snow until these past few storms- there have been 3 snowdays and 1 early dismissal in a two week period, which is really a lot. I am hoping March doesn't see anymore snow!

Awwwww I'm sorry to hear Pods' brother will not be able to get to his reunion; maybe they'll reschedule for a later date ? This storm proved to be more than I thought, really thought it would fizzle out sooner than predicted. and yes, couple of wedding guests are coming from out of state but I'm not sure if they've been affected, hopefully they will all make it. I'll let you know how the big fat Italian (& with some French & German in the mix) wedding goes :rotfl2: it should be a blast !

Hooray for you guys :yay: When Mother Nature gives you snow make a Mickey Snowman !! Mickey turned out awesome and you all look like you had great fun !

:goodvibes

Steven's plane was cancelled on Friday, so that was it for him- didn't want to get out here and then have even more trouble getting back. It was so sad, though, because Friday afternoon when he would have landed, the sun was shining and all the streets were clear. How was the Big Fat Italian wedding?? I LOVE Italian weddings (growing up in NJ I have been to one or 50!), so over the top and amazing!! And the BEST food!! Yum yum yum!

Mickey was a lot of fun to make- he has since gone to snowman heaven...:littleangel: :rotfl:

I've been reading along for a while, but finally am writing now! I've really enjoyed reading your report, and as a mom of a special needs daughter, it is always so wonderful reading another parent's perspective on traveling to Disney with a special kid.:lovestruc

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!:goodvibes

Hi!! Thanks so much for reading and for posting to say you are! :banana: I agree, it helps to read what other special needs families do to travel to Disney, or anywhere for that matter. Hope your daughter is doing well! :)

LOVE IT! Where did you find the "Mickey" parts for the snowman? I still have our Mickey and Minnie holiday statues in the front yard but only because they are buried in the snow. You can see just the top of their ears.

The boys are as cute as always, Summer's expression is adorable in the pic with the tennis ball.

Mickey came in a kit that was in Timmy's stocking- Santa found it at a craft store, either Michaels or AC Moore for $5!!!! :yay: Thank-you for all the kind words!

How funny that you might know someone that has a cottage on our lake....well there are a lot of people from Jersey and Long Island so...:confused3
Wow that really stinks about TT....that's one of my favorite rides and I would be pretty bummed if that kept happening :sad2:
Mmmmm those crepes and cheese looked good and would only be better with some Geese :rotfl2:
I saw that purse over on TinkSS TR :goodvibes I may have one also ;) I saw some new designs that just came out too :sad2: Not quite as affordable as Vera though :rotfl2:
I think we ended up with about 16 inches of snow. It was a lot! :rolleyes:

Tracy

Noooo...not quite as affordable as Vera, LOL! :rotfl: I'll have to check out those other new styles- thanks for telling me!

I think we were at 15 or 16 inches, too. Even Pods said it was a LOT of snow, and he usually says nothing! :rotfl2:

Love your Mickey Snowman. You and the boys always have such a good time.

Thank-you, Chris! We try! :goodvibes

Love your Mickey Snowman and it looks fantastic as your avatar! :thumbsup2

I like your DHS day: TSM and OMD. :goodvibes I would love to see more from opening day. DHS must have felt so different then without RnRC and ToT but with a working studio.

Hi and thank-you! I was so excited to put him up there as my avatar! :banana:

I really do need to find the album- I just have SOOOOOOOOOOO many photo albums, and while I can get to where this one is, it's going to take my DH's help. But I'll work on it, I would like to see them again, too. Have you started your TR yet? I loved the PTR- your village is BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

Your mickey snowman is so cool! Did you get it from the disney store online?? Loved all the snow! It's a big deal if we get an inch down here. lol I would love for my boys to really experience snow like yall had up there. Truly beautiful. I love it as long as power stays on. lol

Wow, i worked all weekend with a sinus infection and my mind isn't working today so sorry if my posts are wacky!:rolleyes1

Anyways, Can't wait for more and Mannatra, i saw the new designs on the dooney's and am really kinda bummed cause i like the new designs better. Oh well, i wouldn't have even gotten the one i got if i didn't get 20% off with my AP.

Ready for more please....

Have you started your TR yet? I loved the PTR- your village is BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

I still haven't started... :rolleyes1 But I finished editing the photopass pics, so I can order the CD finally. And I am planning to get some writing done this week. So it should start soon! :goodvibes

Tinks "SS";35642669 said:
Your mickey snowman is so cool! Did you get it from the disney store online?? Loved all the snow! It's a big deal if we get an inch down here. lol I would love for my boys to really experience snow like yall had up there. Truly beautiful. I love it as long as power stays on. lol

Wow, i worked all weekend with a sinus infection and my mind isn't working today so sorry if my posts are wacky!:rolleyes1

Anyways, Can't wait for more and Mannatra, i saw the new designs on the dooney's and am really kinda bummed cause i like the new designs better. Oh well, i wouldn't have even gotten the one i got if i didn't get 20% off with my AP.

Ready for more please....

Hi! I got the Mickey kit from a craft store before Christmas- it was a $5 BARGAIN!! Snow is great to play in, so pretty, but too much is never a good thing, for me- I feel like this year we got just the right amount (but I think that's because south of us got hammered all winter long). I am looking forward to warmer weather and flowers in bloom soon, as is everyone else, I think. I actually saw a forsythia in bloom a couple of days ago- which is REALLY crazy! But was so nice to see. :flower3:

I still haven't started... :rolleyes1 But I finished editing the photopass pics, so I can order the CD finally. And I am planning to get some writing done this week. So it should start soon! :goodvibes

Ok- well, please remember to let us know when you begin- I know it will be AWESOME!! :yay:

Sorry for the long break- just busy with lots of other commitments (also I made 2 12x12 Shutterfly books while they were 50% off, and that was a little time consuming!)- but I should be able to finish this up in the next few days...

So, we were on our way to meet the rest of the family at RnR. Now, Timmy is one of those with a split personality when it comes to thrill rides. One minute, he is all go go GO! And the next he is all no no NO! He's like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're gonna get! So thus far he had never gotten up the nerve to go on RnR or ToT. But today he said he was ready to give it all a shot. While I waited outside with Sean, Pods & the Ts headed up for a ride.

2009_111006summer0551.jpg

A few inutes later, my phone rang- it was Pods, telling me that Timmy had begged out and to be on the lookout for a big chicken exiting the building...but all I saw was this woman, who was really appropriately dressed for a day in an amusement park-

2009_111006summer0552.jpg

I really, really hope she's a CM on her way to work in costume!! Anyway, soon after Timmy came out- but said he just really needed to use the bathroom, that's why he left. :rolleyes2 But, ya know, actually, it turned out to be true! Because when he exited the rest room, and Pods & Tyler exited the ride, he said he was ready to go! So off T&T& I went- and can I just say, the kid REALLY sucked it up, because we were in the front car-

img015.jpg

Usually people say Timmy looks a lot like Pods, but I have to say, the family resemblance between Timmy & I is uncanny in that photo!! :rotfl2: Anyway, Timmy LOVED it, we were all so proud of him!

We had 5:30 ADRs for 50's Prime Time, so we headed over there-

2009_111006summer0559.jpg

2009_111006summer0558.jpg

2009_111006summer0560.jpg

We checked in and proceeded to wait...and wait...and wait...

2009_111006summer0553.jpg

2009_111006summer0554.jpg

2009_111006summer0555.jpg

2009_111006summer0557.jpg

Seriously- we waited over half an hour. Thank goodness nobody was complaining. Actually, even Sean was really good and patient, although I don't think he could have lasted much longer- waiting is not something he does well (have I mentioned how incredible the GAC is?? :worship: :worship:).

Up next- dinner at 50's PT and the last of the viewfinders....

I'm really enjoying your trip report! We had been thinking about going to Universal for a day or two next year to see Harry Potter- and you have convinced us. DD (13) and I want to stay at HRH.

I've been calling my family into the study to check out your pictures all morning long, so we have all been enjoying them. DS (7) is super-excited since we'll be there the end of May at BLT and Poly.

We love your SnowMickey and your dog is super-cute!:goodvibes
Thanks for posting!

Ok- well, please remember to let us know when you begin- I know it will be AWESOME!! :yay:

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that the TR has started and finally also got it's first real update. We still are only at the airport, but I hope we will arrive at AKL soon! :goodvibes

I'm really enjoying your trip report! We had been thinking about going to Universal for a day or two next year to see Harry Potter- and you have convinced us. DD (13) and I want to stay at HRH.

I've been calling my family into the study to check out your pictures all morning long, so we have all been enjoying them. DS (7) is super-excited since we'll be there the end of May at BLT and Poly.

We love your SnowMickey and your dog is super-cute!:goodvibes
Thanks for posting!

Hi Erin!! Nice to meet you! :goodvibes I'm so happy you have all been enjoying the report and all the pics- I'm glad I could help you get excited for your trip! :banana:

Snow Mickey was great while he lasted- he melted pretty quickly ( I guess that's a good thing!). And thanks for complimenting Summer- she's a sweetheart. :hug:

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that the TR has started and finally also got it's first real update. We still are only at the airport, but I hope we will arrive at AKL soon! :goodvibes

I have subbed! Really looking forward to your TR!

Finally, finally, we were seated for dinner. I forget if I'd mentioned that we had never been here as a family before- so I was REALLY looking forward to my kids getting abused! :rotfl: Pods and I HAD been here once before...way back on May 1st, 1989- the day the park opened. I am sad to say I took a grand total of TWO photographs of MGM that day- and neither is of 50's PT- I guess that's because that year I was always video taping everything instead of taking pictures- and I can't locate the movie. So sorry!

Anyway, we were seated at a tv-less table in the back, and I ordered a fine beverage to begin my meal- Dad's electric lemonade I think?

2009_111006summer0561.jpg

Tyler went for a milkshake- just plain vanilla! :confused3

2009_111006summer0562.jpg

They both ordered appetizers (DCL dining after-math at work again!), Tyler had Chicken noodle soup-

2009_111006summer0563.jpg

While Timmy did the usual, "Ummm, Uhhhh, for the appetizer, I'll have the shrimp cocktail- Jumbo shrimp served with cocktail sauce and lemon...". He always feels the need to order with the WHOLE description, it's really funny to Pods & I...and very cute.

2009_111006summer0565.jpg

Our server was nice... she was willing to play, but just seemed really, really tired. She was happy to tell Pods and a guy next to us to get their elbows off the table a few times, so of course I enjoyed THAT. Our dinners were soon served, Tim had fried chicken-

2009_111006summer0566.jpg

No joke, that has to be the biggest portion of chicken in WDW! I think it could have fed our whole table! And it was really, really yummy. Pods had Dad's meatloaf-

2009_111006summer0568.jpg

And both Tyler & I ordered the pot roast-

2009_111006summer0569.jpg

Which was very, very tasty. Sean had his usual stack o' fries, followed by another stack o' fries. Tim was scolded for not eating his greens, and LOVED it when our Mom fed them to him!

2009_111006summer0570.jpg

The plates were cleared, and we were handed dessert menus. HUH? What about the viewfinders?? Oh...those desserts have been discontinued, so the viewfinders are NO MORE! :sad1: I have to admit, I was a little sad- I thought that was such an original idea. Our Mom proceeded to tell us how the viewfinders didn't always work, because the wheels would get stuck, and how a menu was a much better way to order (true- not many restaurants have MENUS to order from, it's waaaay more fun than some stupid old viewfinder that of course you can find anywhere...) but as long as we would agree not to beg for desserts which no longer exist, she would see if she could find one for us. :yay:

I am a TOTAL DISgeek. You know I just wanted that viewfinder so I could take these-

2009_111006summer0572.jpg

2009_111006summer0573.jpg

Don't even THINK about ordering angel food cake!!

2009_111006summer0574.jpg

2009_111006summer0575.jpg

We were all grateful to her for finding a viewfinder for us. It's just so cool! And I hope they put the new desserts on there sometime soon. Both the boys ordered the S'mores (which are still on the menu- wonder how THAT could have happened?). And wow, they were in HEAVEN eating them-

2009_111006summer0576.jpg

2009_111006summer0577.jpg

All things considered, we DID enjoy coming here, although I hope when we go back we get a better table (and a Mom who just got on her shift instead of one who clearly needs to go home and relax after her shift). At this point, Sean seemed to have had enough of the park, and so I decided I would go back to BLT with him (which is where he said he wanted to go- back to the room. He was looking really, really worn out). Pods & T&T would stay for EMH and ride RNR and TOT and TSM for a couple of hours, which was all good (especially since TOT was another 1st time for Tim. And FWIW, he later said it was no big deal, just fun. I was shocked!!). We took a pic or two before Sean and I left-

2009_110906summer0176.jpg

2009_110906summer0177.jpg

Then we said good-bye, and Sean & I headed for the bus.

2009_110906summer0179.jpg

2009_110906summer0181.jpg

2009_110906summer0182.jpg

Soon we were back to BLT-
2009_110906summer0184.jpg

2009_110906summer0185.jpg

And I asked Sean to come with me for a minute to look at the pool. Once we got over to it, he started trying to open the gate, and asked for my help- I asked him if he wanted to go swimming, and he replied "yes, YES!" which I was VERY happy to hear! So we went back up to the room to find our bathing suits, and to check out BLT's shiny new pool- because Sean wanted to. A big, big deal. Because Sean didn't want to just go back to the room and play with his books and friends, which would have been the same thing and the expected thing. He had a change of plans, to do something new. And there is nothing in our world that is better than that!

Our last night at BLT....coming up next-

Great to see an update! I am enjoying your TR, and I so appreciate your honesty in the challenges your family faces. Thanks for taking the time to share!

:yay: you've returned!! :goodvibes
How awesome that Sean wanted to go swimming! :thumbsup2
PT50 is a fun place to eat but yes....if you have the right server then it is sooo much better! When I had my two nephews there one was sent to another table to set their table for them and another was banished to another table all together for at least 15 minutes.....it was such a riot and I was in tears I was laughing so hard.
Ummmmm nice outfit lady :rotfl2:

Tracy

Sounds like you had a good meal. I have never had a fun server at 50's so far... :sad2: I think when they see adult foreigners they just assume that they can't make fun with them and I haven't figured out how to tell them that I want the full experience...

I am looking forward to hear more about how the swimming went, but it sounds like just the decision to go there was such a positive event! It must be the magic of the Disney resorts - the pool must have looked so inviting!! :goodvibes

So, as I said before, I was stellarly excited that Sean wanted to go to the pool at night! Just the fact that he communicated it to me, he didn't just have a tantrum instead, was huge! And that I was able to say, "Ok- but we need to go upstairs to our room and put on our bathingsuits, and then we can go swimming" and we went and did just that- well, to be perfectly honest, there aren't a whole lot of run-of-the-mill conversations with Sean, so this made it even MORE special. :goodvibes Anyway, here are some photos of us exploring the BLT pool at night (which, by the way, Sean THOROUGHLY checked out- every INCH!).

2009_110906summer0188.jpg

2009_110906summer0189.jpg

2009_110906summer0190.jpg

2009_110906summer0191.jpg

2009_110906summer0193.jpg

2009_110906summer0194.jpg

2009_110906summer0195.jpg

Oh...and did I mention that while we were at the pool, you know, behind BLT, that WISHES was exploding on the other side of the high rise? Yep- of course it was. :rotfl: And you KNOW you can't see it from back there. But I actually thought, that THIS time, what I was watching was so, SO much better....

2009_110906summer0192.jpg

For once, I didn't mind missing WISHES at all...:hug:

Next up- the rest of the family is back, so Pods and I make a quick stop at TOWL...and now you see it- now you don't- the icicles are on the castle!

Oh how wonderful to see that sean had a great time and so ready for new things. i think the best was that he communiated it with you!! That is so awesome! I love seeing the pics of BLT's pool at night and him checking it out. We didn't get to go to the pool much when we went cause it was TOO COLD! Hopefully one day! So glad to see more!

..........Oh...and did I mention that while we were at the pool, you know, behind BLT, that WISHES was exploding on the other side of the high rise? Yep- of course it was. :rotfl: And you KNOW you can't see it from back there. But I actually thought, that THIS time, what I was watching was so, SO much better....

2009_110906summer0192.jpg

For once, I didn't mind missing WISHES at all...:hug:

Next up- the rest of the family is back, so Pods and I make a quick stop at TOWL...and now you see it- now you don't- the icicles are on the castle!

Hey Ellen :wave: ! giving your TR a bump here, hope you'll be back to post more soon, especially to fill us in on TOWL :drinking1

So happy to hear that Sean was loving pool at BLT :goodvibes It looks like it has wonderful ambience in the evening, moreso than most other pools I can think of on property. Our kids really do teach us things don't they ? like how to just stop & savor those other special Disney moments and not worry about getting to the next attraction, parade or fireworks display. :) Glad you all enjoyed the evening relaxing.

~laura

Tinks "SS";35892979 said:
Oh how wonderful to see that sean had a great time and so ready for new things. i think the best was that he communiated it with you!! That is so awesome! I love seeing the pics of BLT's pool at night and him checking it out. We didn't get to go to the pool much when we went cause it was TOO COLD! Hopefully one day! So glad to see more!

Awwww I love that last picture of Sean by the pool :hug: What a great night! :goodvibes

Tracy

Hey Ellen :wave: ! giving your TR a bump here, hope you'll be back to post more soon, especially to fill us in on TOWL :drinking1

So happy to hear that Sean was loving pool at BLT :goodvibes It looks like it has wonderful ambience in the evening, moreso than most other pools I can think of on property. Our kids really do teach us things don't they ? like how to just stop & savor those other special Disney moments and not worry about getting to the next attraction, parade or fireworks display. :) Glad you all enjoyed the evening relaxing.

~laura

I agree! :goodvibes I was really excited because he was communicating with me. I am hoping that because he is turning 16 he is nearly done with puberty, and will make lots of progress. He has been in a really good place lately- last night he made me cry when he was walking around the yard with this old photo (maybe 11 years old). He just was staring at it, smiling and getting excited. I stopped him to look, and it was a photo from my cousin's 50th birthday party in our backyard. I asked him who some of the faces were, and he was able to tell me (for example, my father, who died 10 years ago and my mother who passed away 6 years ago). Then he told me who was in the whole picture- he said family. And he was SOO happy about it. Well, you know the tears just ran down my face... it was incredibly sweet. :hug:

And my FAVORITE moments at Disney are always ones like this night was- so simple, but so memorable, and always magical. :lovestruc

I'll be back later today with an update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter