Kidani Village Standard View

Sort of off subject but we stayed in a 1BR standard view back in September. I was SO excited to finally stay at AKL and wanted to love it so badly.... but didn't. :confused3 And I still am trying to make myself remember it in a 'loving manner.' :rotfl: It was awkward. THe hallway is endless.....getting to the pool was awkward....coming off the elevator into a parking garage to get to the bus stop....rooms so dark and not feeling luxurious at all. Although the master bath was amazing! I'm still sad about it. The feel of the resort outside was VERY nice, however. Maybe I should try again. :lmao:

It was awkward. .....getting to the pool was awkward ....coming off the elevator into a parking garage to get to the bus stop....
On the second floor (lobby level) there is a door that leads right out to the bus stop. Going down to the parking garage to get to the bus stop would be a bit awkward though possibly a few steps shorter if your room is past the last elevator in the south wing.

The location of the pool is unusual but I assume it was put there to maximize the number of Sunset Savanna view rooms. Given a choice I would rather have the pool where it is rather than sacrifice some of the Sunset Savanna to a pool and have to contend with pool noise when out on the balcony watching the animals. Getting to the pool is a bit awkward but I think they made the right tradeoff.

We are staying at Kidani for the first time in just 57 days, standard view!! :) I did already request Pool View, but mostly because we love our afternoon pool time and it's so nice to be able to look out of your balcony and judge how crowded the pool is. :) Glad to hear others have been happy with this!

We returned from Kidani last week with a standard view. I didn't even step out onto the balcony until the last day because when we were in the room, it was raining monsoon style. :) Even the evening we went to the pool, there was a constant drizzle. We were between the pool and the lobby, and we thought the location was fine.

Great, sounds like it is pool view that we want. Would love to see any pics you all have taken!

Has anyone had experience with the new online check in room request options? Curious what all they are at AKV.

I've stayed in the regular rooms over in Jambo house, and love it over there. We chose Kidani this time because of the second bathroom in the one bedroom villa. I'm sure we'll enjoy Kidani, its always nice to try something new.

Be sure to take advantage of the things Kidani offers that are exceptional over Jambo. The cultural talks given by the exchange personnel from Africa are wonderful and very often missed by guests. We like to head down to the Kidani fire pit about 7 to speak with the young people from Africa about the animals and then head in to the library about 8:15 for the cultural presentation of the day. Absolutely the best over looked thing there!:thumbsup2

Be sure to take advantage of the things Kidani offers that are exceptional over Jambo. The cultural talks given by the exchange personnel from Africa are wonderful and very often missed by guests. We like to head down to the Kidani fire pit about 7 to speak with the young people from Africa about the animals and then head in to the library about 8:15 for the cultural presentation of the day. Absolutely the best over looked thing there!:thumbsup2

Great tip, I'll make sure we take some time to do that! :thumbsup2

We are here now and have a savanna view for our standard view. It is where the Pemba savanna narrows. We have seen many animals. A great deal for standard, but it is a LONG walk.

We checked in online about two weeks ago and the only request option it gave was which savannah we wanted.

I never make any request on line --- well let's face it, they really don't give you too many options to make requests on line. However, I have to say that when I call Member Services and ask them to document my request, they not only do it, but I usually get it. (Maybe I don't ask for much? LOL!!! )

Wondering if any request was given to have a Pembe View Room assignment when booking a standard 1 br villa? We are booking a standard due to availability of points for upcoming trip. Thanks!

Wondering if any request was given to have a Pembe View Room assignment when booking a standard 1 br villa? We are booking a standard due to availability of points for upcoming trip. Thanks!

The cast member put in a savanna request. I just said that I had heard that there were standard views with savanna views. As far as I can tell, our entire bead on the Pembe side is standard.

Thanks so much for the advice!! Hope we have a great "standard" view. We love Kidani Villas so it will all be wonderful.

I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but I recently just booked my first stay at Kidani with my family for this October (first trip as DVC) . Wondering how far in advance can you call to make room requests? I'm sure I'll love any room, but I feel like I'd love a pool view if possible!

I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but I recently just booked my first stay at Kidani with my family for this October (first trip as DVC) . Wondering how far in advance can you call to make room requests? I'm sure I'll love any room, but I feel like I'd love a pool view if possible!

Just curious as to what room/view you ended up requesting and what you ended up getting. I am going August 2021 (right booked for poly) but am hoping to get into a 1 bedroom villa at Kidani village once they open for booking. I’ve been debating on if a savanna view is worth it or if I can get away with a standard view and possibly have a decent view.

I am late but you want:
7639, 7739, 7839, 7939

All of these have a savannah view of Pembe while still being close to the lobby and pool.

I will add that honestly being in 7639 is the best because you are on the same level as the lobby. We just happened to luck out getting that specific room when we were there back in September. I think it worked out since with Dorian going on most people left (we had moved from a 2BR to a 1BR on the Monday the storm was supposed to hit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter