kids afraid of the dark

shelanaoaktree

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I'm new to these boards. We are staying at the cabins 7/1-711 and I had a dumb question. Do the cabins have nightlights? Should I bring one from home or is this something I can request? Our youngest is scared of the dark.

Thank you in advance.

I don't recall nightlights in the cabins, so I'd bring one from home.

I'd also bring a flashlight or two for the evening walks back from the busstop or pool. The lights are kept dim in the evenings.

Have fun planning!!

Thank you so much. I figured I'd have to bring one from home. I can't wait to go, I hope it's as nice as I think it is. Hopefully all the kids will enjoy it and have enough room!

Thanks again

No, the cabins did not have night lights when we were there a couple of years ago. (I remember because I also brought my own.) They do have a nice hall light which we left on, as well as a light over the stove. There are also some wall lamps. You will love these cabins. I miss them!

Thank you so much for your responses. The Hall light should be good enough, only 1 of the 4 children is afraid of the dark, I just didn't want to have to leave a bright light on.

I'm getting excited!!!!

Another thing that is kind of neat. (I assume since you have 4 kids you are getting the cabin with the bunk beds, right?) The kids can all sleep in one room, one in each bunk and there is also a double bed in the same room. That leaves the pull down murphy bed for the parents in the living room. It is a blessing to be able to put the kids to sleep and have a little parent time. Plus we get to control the TV clicker (yay!):bounce: Oh, by the way... there is a counter in the back bedroom so if you have a small TV with a built in VCR you can use it back there, otherwise only one TV is in the front room. I think you can also request whether you want early or late cleaning service, based on if you need the privacy for naps etc... or if you'll be in the parks all day.

Did they remove the TV in the back bedroom? When we stayed in the cabins a few years ago there where 2 TVs, one in the living room with the Murphy Bed and one in the back bedroom. I belive the homes didn't have a second TV, but all the Homes have been converted to Cabins.

Am I suppose to request a cabin with bunk beds? I just thought that was how they came. The TV isn't a big deal, I'm hoping with the excitement of the day, they will just be tired enough to crash.

Luckily enough we really don't need nap time. We have a 6yr DD, 9yr DS, 11yr DD and a 16yr DD.

Although I'm sure, I'll need a nap. LOL

Thanks again!!!

Originally posted by shelanaoaktree
Am I suppose to request a cabin with bunk beds? I just thought that was how they came.
I'm pretty sure all the cabins do come with the bunkbeds. I think some of the homes were available without the bunkbeds, though.

Have fun planning!

We were in the cabins this past Christmas and knowing from past experience the rear bedroom Tvs are no longer there we took a small portable Tv for the kids to use their playstation with. I always travel with a screwdrivers & pliers so I removed the wall cover in the back bedroom where the Tv used to sit on the shelf and the cable wire is just tucked back in the box & the cover put on. We connected the cable & the Tv worked fine. I left it connected this way the entire time and no one ever said a word. It made it nice to have 2 Tvs. On a short stay bringing an extra Tv may not be worth it but we stayed 18 nights so we did spend some nights at the cabin relaxing.

When I made our reservations for last summer, I asked for bunk beds and was told that they were in all the cabins.

When we stayed in FW in 1992 ... the cabins/homes were white trailers and ours didn't have any bunks.

We didn't have a TV in the bedroom, and at night I just left the bathroom light on and cracked the door so the kids could find the bathroom if they needed to go potty in the middle of the night.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter