Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Lisa, that outfit is just beautiful!!!!! I soooooo wish I could sew like you guys. Well, actually it's not just the sewing. I think eventually I could get all the mechanics down so that I will be able to sew decently. But, I just cannot put together fabrics and pull the whole outfit together like this. Is Jo Jo appliqued? LOVE it. I so wish I had something like this last fall for my dd!

If putting the fabrics together is really your issue, then just go to a quilt shop. They usually have the fabrics together by collections that are pre-mixed and matched! Plus any lady I ever met in a quilt shop was just itching to help somebody pick out fabrics!!!!!! They live for that! It is a little more $$$ per yard, but the quality is usually excellent and if you just buy the amount you need, you aren't really spending all that much more. I think that most sewers (me especially) probably spend more than they need to by buying too much of a fabric. I always overspend when I go out without specific plans. I just panic and shout out "5 yards"!!!!!!

I always overspend when I go out without specific plans. I just panic and shout out "5 yards"!!!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I used to feel so lonely....... and then you posted that! I no longer feel alone! :laughing:

I made this for DD to wear to a cowgirl party! It's not finished - still needs a ruffle and a hem. I'm so happy with how it turned that I couldn't wait until this weekend (the next time I can get out to a Joanne's) to post!!

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

She's wearing a jean skirt - that's what's "peeking" out! I think I might do capris - maybe try to applique :scared1: a cow or something on them?

I'm looking for graphics that I can print off the computer and use to make a book for my kids. They like to name the characters on Playhouse Disney, so I thought I'd print some pictures and make them little flip books of the characters we'll be seeing in September. They'll be almost 2 when we go, so it's important to me that the characters are familiar and not so scary.

I thought someone had posted a link to good graphics a while back, but I don't have time to search back through 500 pages of postings. Any suggestions?

This is a good clip art site:
http://www.disneyclips.com/
This one is in French but, is really the best I have seen. You can have google translate it, but I know just enough French to get by and just click around too.
http://www.merveilleux.ca/
That one has colored pages, clip art, color book type pages, and lots of other misc.

2Cutekidz- VERY CUTE!! I love when all you peeps post your projects! It's so fun to see what I can be doing in a year or so my my soon to be grandchild!

I made this for DD to wear to a cowgirl party! It's not finished - still needs a ruffle and a hem. I'm so happy with how it turned that I couldn't wait until this weekend (the next time I can get out to a Joanne's) to post!!

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

She's wearing a jean skirt - that's what's "peeking" out! I think I might do capris - maybe try to applique :scared1: a cow or something on them?

Cute! I would probably just make some capris/shorts out of the flower (I believe, sorry if not) fabric you have on the one side of the top.

I want to make a cute Cinderella skirt-all (is that a word?) for DD#2, with an applique Cinderella on the chest and a ruffle on the bottom. After I use the Heat bond stuff to attach it, what kind of stitch do you use to sew it onto the skirt-all? Is there a special stitch for the ruffle? Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Very cute! Did you use a pattern? If so which one? Also I was wondering what is the third print. I love the cows and the poppies.

Some capris with the flower fabric as a ruffle around the legs would be cute.

I custom make an autograph book for my DD for every trip. I am truly a scrapbooker, but hang out on this thread because I am also obsessed with custom outfits. The attention my daughter gets from the autograph books is amazing. I have had characters carry it off to show another character their page. It makes my daughter feel special and I am beaming from ear to ear!
Here are a couple of photos.
paperbagalbum001.jpg

ebay039.jpg

mouseallenous005.jpg

And of course the custom clipboard! ;)
mouseallenous002.jpg

scrapbook011.jpg

I thought that was you! I can't wait for mine, that outfit is incredible!!!!

Great autograph book! I love the spoon on Mary Poppins page. When I see it I can hear her singing "A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down":rolleyes1 Where did you get that spoon? So cute! The carosel on the page is really cute too.

I just have to say that this thread just keeps getting better and better!!!

I am sooo impressed with all of you! I actually got so excited recently seeing everyone's work that for a brief moment I considered going out a buying a sewing machine and teaching myself how to do all this. Then I sat down and smacked myself in the head for being so foolish. We all have our own roles to play, and mine is definitely a BUYER, not a maker!

Anyway, kudos once again and hats off to all the great talents on this thread!:cheer2:

Great autograph book! I love the spoon on Mary Poppins page. When I see it I can hear her singing "A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down":rolleyes1 Where did you get that spoon? So cute! The carosel on the page is really cute too.

Ahh, it is so nice to deal with Disney fans. When I made this book a few years ago and showed it too my coworkers, they said, "what is the spoon for?" Duh, have you seen the movie? Anyway, the spoon was in a set made by Jolee's. I think it had a fork and knife in it also, but I only used the spoon. I'm sure Barbie borrowed the other utensils!:rotfl:

OK, so be gentle! This is my FIRST attempt at sewing and using a pattern! :eek: My MIL usually does all the sewing, but I have her so loaded down doing other vacation outfits, I thought I'd try a simple on on my own. Nothing fancy AT ALL, but I'm happy that I actually finished it!

greenmickey.jpg

greenback.jpg

The ruffles are SO bad, but if she moves real fast and you aren't too close up, I think don't anyone will notice! ;)

OMG! You did a WONDERFUL job!! I love it! It's simple and sweet! Keep sewing!

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

OMG!! That is KILLER! I hope you'll post a picture of your DD wearing it!!!

Very cute! Did you use a pattern? If so which one? Also I was wondering what is the third print. I love the cows and the poppies.

Some capris with the flower fabric as a ruffle around the legs would be cute.

IMG_1578.jpg

Moo... That's the 3rd print. It just says Moo...Moo...Moo
I modified 2 patterns. The bodice is Mccall 5088. Thanks to aimeeg for the help btw. The skirt part was from butterick 5020. I still need to add a ruffle, but I think it turned out pretty cute. I loved the fabrics!

castle and anyone else with the embroidery machine experience -

How do you easily thread the thread thru the Q foot?
It's a pain in the rear!
Especially if you have lots of color changes.

Just got back from Hancock (99 cents McCalls patterns, limit 5...I got back in line!!!) and thought I'd share my treasures...
This one is better in "real life"...It seems friendly ;)
P8013631.jpg

I found the Epcot World Showcase prints!!!!
P8013632.jpg

The kitty skirt:
P8013634.jpg

This is the fabric- Walmart has 4 or 5 coordinating ones...
P8013635.jpg

Those of you with working ruffler-"foots" are LUCKY! I bought one today that was "universal" except for the brother budget machine! All my gathers are tediously down by hand.

Utah - Oh my goodness! I LOVE THE KITTY SKIRT! Your little kitty must love it!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! Nana to the rescue...TaDa!!! Ok, to get the 3D effect I did tiny little stitches(by hand) along the TOP /sides of the scarf up to the knot. I made sure that the longer stitches ended up in back of the applique head and the tiny stitches in the front, catching only a thread or two of the scarf fabric before going into the back of the appliqued head. then I tacked down the knot but left the "bottom of the scarf loose I thought it looked more 3D that way. Nana:cheer2:

I really liked hers a lot because they are "3 D" I have the Mickey head appliqued onto the shirts already. I studied her pictures and you can't see any of the stitching! I tried to attach the scarf to the head before I appliqued the Mickey head but I wasn't sure how to applique the Mickey head on after that.

So I thought I would ask.

I have the little red scarfs sewn ie hemmed and I did a little half circle to gather it up but I haven't attached them yet. Any tips?

I custom make an autograph book for my DD for every trip. I am truly a scrapbooker, but hang out on this thread because I am also obsessed with custom outfits. The attention my daughter gets from the autograph books is amazing. I have had characters carry it off to show another character their page. It makes my daughter feel special and I am beaming from ear to ear!
Here are a couple of photos.
paperbagalbum001.jpg

ebay039.jpg

mouseallenous005.jpg

And of course the custom clipboard! ;)
mouseallenous002.jpg

scrapbook011.jpg

I handmade custom autograph books for my kids last trip, too. Can you tell me how you made the pages b/f going? Did you leave them pretty general and then embellished later or did you just bring the paper on a clipboard?

I had the characters sign a piece of cardstock that was put w/ temporary adhesive in the pages of the book. Then I took them out to rearrange and add photos. This trip, I thought I'd bring their custom clipboards with cardstock and add them to the book from last year, but now I'm thinking, maybe I should do entire new books!?? I haven't finished the family 12x12 yet, though!! OMg... so much to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter