Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Hancock (99 cents McCalls patterns, limit 5...I got back in line!!!) and thought I'd share my treasures...
This one is better in "real life"...It seems friendly ;)
P8013631.jpg

I found the Epcot World Showcase prints!!!!
P8013632.jpg

The kitty skirt:
P8013634.jpg

This is the fabric- Walmart has 4 or 5 coordinating ones...
P8013635.jpg

Those of you with working ruffler-"foots" are LUCKY! I bought one today that was "universal" except for the brother budget machine! All my gathers are tediously down by hand.

UM: I sooo love that 1st fabric -- I was at Hancocks today and mine did not have it. :sad1: I did get the other 2 though. Your kitty skirt is fabulous -- I don't believe you are a novice. I also got the ruffler foot today - but I was too intimidated to try it tonight. (you'll see what I ended up doing instead below)....

I
IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

She's wearing a jean skirt - that's what's "peeking" out! I think I might do capris - maybe try to applique :scared1: a cow or something on them?

Now I am really ashamed of my attempt to create something with this fabric. It is wonderful and your DD is a cutie pie.

Here is what I ended up finishing tonight -- well. .. debating on whether or not it is finished. My first Mickey head applique ... (yeah -- not as bad as I thought).
MickeyAllEars001.jpg

The back of the pants
MickeyAllEars005.jpg

MickeyAllEars004.jpg

MickeyAllEars003.jpg

I originally planned to make the shorts -- ribbon shorts -but I may be leaning toward leaving it with the fraying as it is. I also had planned on using a white tshirt with red and black ribbon, but DD said she wanted a red tee. Also,they are sparkled denim shorts ... so I also thought about adding some rhinestone bling here and there -- but I'm not sure ...

Does anyone know how long the .99 McCalls pattern sale is on at Hancocks? I was just in there a couple of days ago and I must have not realized that the sale was on. I'm thinking about going in the morning if the sale is still on!

Here is what I ended up finishing tonight -- well. .. debating on whether or not it is finished. My first Mickey head applique ... (yeah -- not as bad as I thought)

I love the "I'm All Ears" patch, great job!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Hancock (99 cents McCalls patterns, limit 5...I got back in line!!!) and thought I'd share my treasures...
This one is better in "real life"...It seems friendly ;)
P8013631.jpg

I found the Epcot World Showcase prints!!!!
P8013632.jpg

The kitty skirt:
P8013634.jpg

This is the fabric- Walmart has 4 or 5 coordinating ones...
P8013635.jpg

UM- How long are the patterns on sale??? I was there tonight and did not see that!

Those of you with working ruffler-"foots" are LUCKY! I bought one today that was "universal" except for the brother budget machine! All my gathers are tediously down by hand.

UM- How long are the patterns on sale??? I was there tonight and did not see that!

I handmade custom autograph books for my kids last trip, too. Can you tell me how you made the pages b/f going? Did you leave them pretty general and then embellished later or did you just bring the paper on a clipboard?

I had the characters sign a piece of cardstock that was put w/ temporary adhesive in the pages of the book. Then I took them out to rearrange and add photos. This trip, I thought I'd bring their custom clipboards with cardstock and add them to the book from last year, but now I'm thinking, maybe I should do entire new books!?? I haven't finished the family 12x12 yet, though!! OMg... so much to do!
The first one in the picture is a paper bag album, so I made the clipboard to support it. The second one is made from chipboard, so it was very sturdy. I premake the pages for characters I am fairly sure I will see and then just bring tags for the extra characters. I don;t add pages to the books when I get home. I have only made one page out of 4 books that we never saw the character. But I really plan out what characters we are going to see. Somewhere it is posted with all of the characters and the likely hood of seeing them, along with the best place to find them. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Jill

Does anyone know how long the .99 McCalls pattern sale is on at Hancocks? I was just in there a couple of days ago and I must have not realized that the sale was on. I'm thinking about going in the morning if the sale is still on!
The McCalls pattern sale is from August 1 thru August 5th...Went today and going to another tomorrow....LOVE IT ...Great price when generally I use only a few pieces out of a pattern....Nana

I put together a tulle tutu skirt, didn't like how it looked. Took it ALL apart to start over. Tried again, took it apart and was about to trash the whole thing. Then I got advice from someone definitely more experienced and thought I knew what to do. I got all my pieces cut (again!) then gathered the tulle and pinned it in place and was just about to stitch it down when I noticed I pinned the entire thing to the wrong side of the fabric :headache:

So, I walked out of my sewing room with it still lying on the floor, locked the door (dgd is visiting and can't understand why Nana won't let her play with pins!) and vowed not to touch it until tomorrow. I'm spending the day with my Granny so she can see dgd and probably criticize every inch of the matching dresses I made today for dd2 and dgd2 to wear. :sad2:

Anyway, I wanted to finish that skirt today, but instead got two dresses done. I will post pics tomorrow after I actually get them on the models.

UM: I sooo love that 1st fabric -- I was at Hancocks today and mine did not have it. :sad1: I did get the other 2 though. Your kitty skirt is fabulous -- I don't believe you are a novice. I also got the ruffler foot today - but I was too intimidated to try it tonight. (you'll see what I ended up doing instead below)....

Now I am really ashamed of my attempt to create something with this fabric. It is wonderful and your DD is a cutie pie.

Here is what I ended up finishing tonight -- well. .. debating on whether or not it is finished. My first Mickey head applique ... (yeah -- not as bad as I thought).
MickeyAllEars001.jpg

The back of the pants
MickeyAllEars005.jpg

MickeyAllEars004.jpg

MickeyAllEars003.jpg

I originally planned to make the shorts -- ribbon shorts -but I may be leaning toward leaving it with the fraying as it is. I also had planned on using a white tshirt with red and black ribbon, but DD said she wanted a red tee. Also,they are sparkled denim shorts ... so I also thought about adding some rhinestone bling here and there -- but I'm not sure ...

What did you use to embroider the jeans? I love that! Great job!:thumbsup2

Ladies, I am so sorry to post pics and run. Had an old friend call me up and out the door I went. Since I see that she claimed her sewing creation, I am glad that all of you can appreciate Obsessed Wth the Mouse's work:thumbsup2 She was so amazing and patient. The fabrics were a nightmare to find, but I am sure if you want to copy, something can be found that is close. Anyone that uses Lindas talents whether by purchasing or advice should just be thrilled! I can't say enough great things about her:love: :love: :love:

Linda...:grouphug:

I am going to try to post pics of the ruffles, but photobucket dosen't want to be my friend. I didn't understand why the origional pictures were so gigantic anyway?:eek:

I am going to email the designer of the appliques, and ask her if it's okay to give her ebay name. When I get a reply, I'll let you know everyone.

Audrey Grace will have at least three times to wear this stunner. Tomorrow at her third birthday (where does the time go:scared1: ), Playhouse Disney is coming to our local civic center, and then at the Hollywood and Vine at MGM. Maybe I will sell it then, but honestly, I think this one is for keeps forever!!!!

:flower3: to everyones compliments!
the back of the jeans, and the ruffles for Linda
Picture003.jpg

more ruffles for Linda
Picture002.jpg

The amazing top/dress!
Picture005.jpg

I put together a tulle tutu skirt, didn't like how it looked. Took it ALL apart to start over. Tried again, took it apart and was about to trash the whole thing. Then I got advice from someone definitely more experienced and thought I knew what to do. I got all my pieces cut (again!) then gathered the tulle and pinned it in place and was just about to stitch it down when I noticed I pinned the entire thing to the wrong side of the fabric :headache:

So, I walked out of my sewing room with it still lying on the floor, locked the door (dgd is visiting and can't understand why Nana won't let her play with pins!) and vowed not to touch it until tomorrow. I'm spending the day with my Granny so she can see dgd and probably criticize every inch of the matching dresses I made today for dd2 and dgd2 to wear. :sad2:

Anyway, I wanted to finish that skirt today, but instead got two dresses done. I will post pics tomorrow after I actually get them on the models.

I totally understand! The last time I was working with tulle I worked with it for 2 days pinning and repinning and finally got frustrated and threw the whole thing in the trash (pins included:sad2: ). Now I would rather applique than mess with tulle:scared:

FYI- if anyone is thinking of using stripe tights for Halloween now is time to start looking. Everywhere on the internet and on land was sold out of black and white stripe tights last year. I ended begging to buy a pair of a website. They cost me $30. Oh well, you cannot be the Wicked Witch of the West without black and white tights!

I think at this point all of us on this board are sharing the same brain. I just bought my red and white tights last weekend!! LOL...it's sad that you have to get ready for Christmas in July...:rotfl:

The top to wear with just the jeans
Picture006.jpg

That is all I have for now. I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow of my baby in her new outfit. She tried on the tee and dress, and had an absolute FIT when I took the "tree" off. "My tree, my treeeeeeeeee." Only my three year old would see this whole outfit, and decide the "tree' was to die for. :goodvibes

Well I was just out shooping tonight and i can tell you, Gap, Old Navy, Marshalls, and Childrens Place have no halloween type tights out. Neither did Walmart. Yeah I looked for tights at every one of those places. it's a disease.

Know what i want, those adorable orange patent leather maryjanes the Gap sold a year or so ago. The go for like 25 bucks worn/used on ebay!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me these directions. I THINK I understand :) So you do not cut the shirt? You leave it the pre-made length, and the fur cuff is over top of it, so the shirt is what is touching her arms? Did I understand that right? I think that makes since, since the fur would be a little warm against the skin. I can't wait to see the pictures. I understand wanting to get through summer. I have a list of things I will do "after summer". It seems like my kids think we have to do something fun everyday. They go to sleep wanting to know what we are doing tomorrow, and the first thing they want to know when they get is up is what we are doing today :confused3 They are driving me nuts!

See, I knew I forgot something...I cut the shirt. I have them put it on, and measure from their underarm to their wrist, and then measure the shirt sleeve to see how much I have to take off....I promise the pictures will be better than me trying to explain it...LOL....

Wow! That Little Einsteins outfit is INCREDIBLE!

DD saw it and now wants Daddy to make her one!:scared1:

I think I might try Jo Jo instead:rolleyes1

We have an ADR for H&V so we need something for that day!

All this talk of rufflers had me intrigued. Yes, I actually went into Jo Ann's today and got one! Hopefully if I can get if figured out it will be the best 15 dollars that I spent. It should save me tons of time, since my Princess likes to have ruffles on everything!

UMama, DD wants that Kitty skirt! Now I will have to see if our WallyWorld has it or not. I think that they are slowly getting rid of the fabric dept., but I did notice some new stuff in there the other day while I was getting some notions!

Great creations all!:thumbsup2 More inspiration for a guy like me!;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I used to feel so lonely....... and then you posted that! I no longer feel alone! :laughing:

We need AA for sewers....maybe FO...Fabric Overbuyers...I always get the sweats....When I'm in line for the cutting table. I think boy, if I get what the pattern says, I might make a mistake and need more..and what if I come back and it's gone...then I have a half made outfit that will have to be cut up and made into a twirl skirt out of tiny little blocks because there won't be enough fabric left to do anything with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter