Kind of OT, but Kind of Not

Thanks Dragon! I agree. It was a "heat of the moment" thing on his part. Thankfully, it was out of ear range of the girls. He's not a bad guy, just going through some rough times.

New Update: The younger one is going to Disney On Ice with her grandfather (we're paying for the tix, he's covering the rest) in March, and the older one isn't going with them. She (the older one) understands that it's just one of those things she can't do because she gets to go to the actual Disney the following month.

I'd love to take the little one to Disney on Ice myself, but, unfortunately, we have a dept. meeting that night that I can't get out of. (well, I could, but if you have to suck up for tenure, then, it's best not to, haha).

We're playing down the April Disney trip with the older one (she doesn't know it exists). Her mother and I have decided that if she misses even one day of school between now and then, it's a no-go. (she doesn't know when we plan to take her again and she'd have to miss one day for us to take her in April due to blackout days on our tix).

I hate taking a child out of school for even a day for a trip, but, trust me, my husband and I make her read every sign, menu, ect that she comes in contact with to keep up her reading skills (sounding things out) and we have her write in a journal each night. We then compare the words she says in her journal to her spelling words, and have her correct what is wrong. Ok, so I'm a bit anal, haha. But education is HUGE for us.

You sound like a very generous and loving "aunt" and "uncle." I'm glad that things worked out as they did for you. :)

You sound like a wonderful friend and "auntie," and I'm glad it looks like things are working out. Have a great time -- and think about doing a trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter