Kualoa Ranch

Cliffside

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Aulani in September for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am trying to plan our stay. We will be there for a week. I have read great reviews of the ranch but neither myself or DH have seen any of the Jurassic World movies. I was wondering if it is worthwhile to visit the ranch if you are not a big Jurassic fan. Also what tours have people done and their opinions of them.

The land is so beautiful there. We do the horseback tour that has nothing to do with the movie props, and we enjoy it immensely. There are several tours that they offer so I would chose one that does not focus on the movie props. I would also book asap since they are selling out.

We did the tour that was half movie sites and the other half was cultural/landscape/historical sites. It was so fun even though I didn’t have any clue about the movies. It’s just fun to be on the jeep and listen to the guide.

yes it is worthwhile to go. We have done the movie sites, the horseback, and the catamaran ride. If I were you I would watch some of the movies, there are plenty of others also such as Jumanji 2, 50 first dates, a ton of them, but if not then just do a different tour. I really like the catamaran tour

Just got back--did the 2 hour ATV tour with stops at some movie sites. So spectacular whether you have seen Jurassic movies or not. A++

Just got back--did the 2 hour ATV tour with stops at some movie sites. So spectacular whether you have seen Jurassic movies or not. A++
The 2 hr ATV your is booked when we are going. Do you think the 1hr would be worth it? My kids are 6 and 8 and we haven’t seen the movies. Think it will be worth the drive out there?

The 2 hr ATV your is booked when we are going. Do you think the 1hr would be worth it? My kids are 6 and 8 and we haven’t seen the movies. Think it will be worth the drive out there?
I will be in Hawaii June 24th to the 29th and last week I was only able to book the one hour atv tour as well. I am hoping that something fall through and we will be able to pick a two hour tour

Yes--the one hour tour will be worth it! Instead of going into two areas of the ranch, you will go into one--the one that is most scenic (although both are just beautiful!).
The shorter tour may be even better for younger kids. Make sure to wear sneakers and clothes that can get dirty--it gets dusty. They have a washbasin to clean up afterwards. They provide helmets and goggles that have been sanitized.

Yes--the one hour tour will be worth it! Instead of going into two areas of the ranch, you will go into one--the one that is most scenic (although both are just beautiful!).
The shorter tour may be even better for younger kids. Make sure to wear sneakers and clothes that can get dirty--it gets dusty. They have a washbasin to clean up afterwards. They provide helmets and goggles that have been sanitized.
Thank you! That is so helpful!

Definitely recommend Kualoa! They have many tour options. We’d only seen half of the Jurassic movies and still did the Jurassic open-air vehicle tour. Our guide was great and still pointed out areas that were used in other movies/TV Shows. I also appreciated that he also included a lot of historical information about the ranch and surrounding area. Didn’t do the ATV tour because I’m pregnant...I do wonder if we would’ve gotten as much background and historical information if we did do the ATV...? 🤔

Definitely recommend Kualoa! They have many tour options. We’d only seen half of the Jurassic movies and still did the Jurassic open-air vehicle tour. Our guide was great and still pointed out areas that were used in other movies/TV Shows. I also appreciated that he also included a lot of historical information about the ranch and surrounding area. Didn’t do the ATV tour because I’m pregnant...I do wonder if we would’ve gotten as much background and historical information if we did do the ATV...? 🤔
Interesting you didn’t do the ATV tour..,when I was looking at descriptions it looked like the only one that listed not for pregnant women or people with back problems was the Jungle Jeep expedition...it does not say that for the ATV...I have back issues so I’m wondering what would work for me... I was thinking of the ATV ...Do you remember the exact name of your tour..it is a little confusing..was it the Jurassic Adventure Tour? If so was it very bumpy?

Interesting you didn’t do the ATV tour..,when I was looking at descriptions it looked like the only one that listed not for pregnant women or people with back problems was the Jungle Jeep expedition...it does not say that for the ATV...I have back issues so I’m wondering what would work for me... I was thinking of the ATV ...Do you remember the exact name of your tour..it is a little confusing..was it the Jurassic Adventure Tour? If so was it very bumpy?

Hello! Hmmm, I thought I read on the ATV page that it wasn’t recommended for pregnant women... or actually, I believe it was a few Trip Advisor reviews that said pregnant people in their parties weren’t allowed—after they had already arrived.
It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask beforehand if they think your desired tour is OK for your situation. The Jurassic Adventure Tour (2.5 hour one) that we did definitely has some fairly bumpy areas. The guide did his best to go even slower over those, knowing about my pregnancy.

Last edited:
We did the VIP Movie Tour and were surprised at how many other movies were filmed there. The VIP Movie Tour shows you clips from each film as you pull up to the site, and it provides you with context since a lot of the sites are digitally altered in the film. But there were way more movies than the Jurassic Park franchise - one of the recent Kong movies, the new Jumanji, some comedies. I do think its worth watching Jurassic World before going because the tour takes you to the Idominous Rex pen which was left completely as is after the film wrapped production, so it was really cool to see it exactly as it is in the movie.

The grounds there are huge and unique. It was beautiful. There's other tours that don't have anything to do with movies if that may appeal. We spent a whole morning there and had lunch there, which was delicious. We then spent the afternoon in Kailua, which worked perfectly.

Started checking a couple of weeks ago for our trip in mid July and they were are all booked up for the date we wanted. Was disappointed to be booked two months in advance. Have been checking daily to see if any openings and today there was one for the Jurassic Adventure tour! So excited we are getting to do this.

The ATV tour was one of the highlights of our trip and we had never seen Jurassic Park. The ranch is stunning and you will not be disappointed!

We are heading to Aulani in September for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am trying to plan our stay. We will be there for a week. I have read great reviews of the ranch but neither myself or DH have seen any of the Jurassic World movies. I was wondering if it is worthwhile to visit the ranch if you are not a big Jurassic fan. Also what tours have people done and their opinions of them.
We did the zipline during our wedding/honeymoon. Such a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter