Large adults on children's rides

Jkesmom

Earning My Ears
We're going to Orlando (soon, so getting smaller before the trip isn't a possibility). Most of our time will be at Disney, but I'd like to spend one day at Universal. We won't want to go on roller coasters. Our children are 44 inches and 38 inches. I'm wondering if we will have a problem taking them on the rides they can go on? We are both larger size adults.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is the most problematic ride for larger people. I believe the height restriction is 48 inches, so unless you want to use child swap, you won't have to worry about that one (I highly recommend trying the test seats and using child swap if you fit). You'll still want to go through castle even if you don't ride it, though.

Thanks. I think I went on that before having children. It's all about the kids now...but thanks for reminding me to take them through the castle.

It's all about the kids now.

Wow. We never hit that level of selflessness.

What kid rides are you thinking of? I can’t think of any little kid rides at Uni. Rides they can ride, sure. But children’s rides?

I can’t recall the minimum height for Pteranodon Flyers. That’s the one that’s only for kids and A parent, and IMO it’s the scariest ride in both of the parks!!!

Wow. We never hit that level of selflessness.

What kid rides are you thinking of? I can’t think of any little kid rides at Uni. Rides they can ride, sure. But children’s rides?

I can’t recall the minimum height for Pteranodon Flyers. That’s the one that’s only for kids and A parent, and IMO it’s the scariest ride in both of the parks!!!

Seriously, it's so slow you have time to think about how high you are...everytime you pass under the connection on the track my heart beats faster lol.

Seriously, it's so slow you have time to think about how high you are...everytime you pass under the connection on the track my heart beats faster lol.

Yep. And all that concrete below. I would rather ride Dr Doom 5 times in a row than go on PF once. I was so glad that my kid is tall and outgrew it quickly.

I thought of a ride closest to being a kid ride. Woodys Nuthouse Coaster. I’ve seen adults on it. Luckily due to the way Uni does their single rider reqs my guy was able to ride it solo and I’ve never been on that 30 second wonder lol.

Universal may not be as kid-centric as Disney. But there really is plenty for little kids to enjoy at both IOA and Univ. Studios. They have more than enough kid stuff for one day.

Some of the kiddie rides that large adults can go on:

Caroseussel
Cat in the Hat
One Fish Two Fish
High in the Sky Trolley Train
E.T. ride
Woody's Nuthouse coaster
Flight of the Hippogriff
Simpsons ride
Kang & Kudos
Storm Force Accelatron

And they have the cute "Barney the dinosaur" live show for toddlers.

If rides are not your thing, there are a whole bunch of interesting play areas for little ones (Camp Jurassic, If I Ran the Zoo, Fievel's playland, Curious George Goes to Town, Barney's Backyard). I think Camp Jurassic and If I Ran the Zoo play areas are fun enough for even adults to play around in.

Plenty for little kids IMO. There is also a Hello Kitty store if you have little girls. And Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and Shrek 4-D they might like.

You can also do character breakfasts with various characters (Spider-man, Scooby Doo, the Minions, etc) if that is your thing. Character dining at the Universal hotels, you can also meet the characters in certain character zones in the parks.

Some of the kiddie rides that large adults can go on:

Caroseussel
Cat in the Hat
One Fish Two Fish
High in the Sky Trolley Train
E.T. ride
Woody's Nuthouse coaster
Flight of the Hippogriff
Simpsons ride
Kang & Kudos
Storm Force Accelatron

See, apart from Nuthouse, I don’t consider any of those to be kiddie rides. That’s what I was getting at.

And actually, Nuthouse would have appealed to me as a teen (there was a similar coaster at Great America growing up that we would ride repeatedly).

I wasn’t saying there’s nothing for kids. I was saying there are no kiddie rides. :):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter