Last Minute Questions

SandyB

Earning My Ears
We are leaving this Friday 11/23 for our stay at a cabin at FW. We are really looking forward to staying at FW.

I have a couple last minute questions

1) Can someone recommend a good grocery store to stop at and give us directions from the airport? We were originally wanted to stop at a Super Walmart, but since we will be arriving the day after Thanksgiving it maybe VERY busy -- so we'll avoid that!

2) If we arrive at FW and our cabin is not ready, do they have a place to store our groceries (meat etc.) that needs to stay cold?

3) We plan to purchase our park passes after we arrive. Where is the best place to purchase them?

4) Is there a iron/ironing board in the cabin? Just in case...it's vacation I don't plan to do a lot of ironing!

I been checking this board out since we returned from our last trip to WDW and CAN NOT wait to check out FW!
Thanks for all the great info!

Sandy

There are several Publix grocery stores in Orlando/Kissimmee. I know of at least 3 or 4 along Hwy 192. I havn't ever driven from the airport, so can't give directions, but from WDW, go out World Drive and take either 192 East or West and you will run into one very quickly.

Yes, all of the resorts have cold storage for your perishable until your cabin is ready.

It sounds like your planning to check-in before going to the parks, so just purchase your park tickets when you check in. They can give you whatever discounts your entitled to right there at check-in and if you will use all of your ticket up while your there, it can be coded on your resort id/room key. The only tickets they do not sell are Annual Passports.

As you can see in this picture, yes there are ironing boards and a vacuum cleaner in the cabins.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/wcabin10.jpg

Hope this helps!

I have family staying at FW for the Thanksgiving weekend, so will probably pass you on the bus or at the campfire. But here are a few suggestions.

1. Publix: If you take the Greenway from the airport there is one at the John Young Pkwy exit. If you take the Beeline W get off at the John Young Pkway go south to Ctrl Fla Pkwy and make a right. It will be a few blocks west.

2. Storage: Having worked at FW I can tell you there really is no places to store your food if you cannot immediately get your room. The CM's have their own refridge at the front desk and on occasion they have stored food for guest there. Since you will be arriving on a low turnover day chances are unless it is after 2pm you will not be able to get into your cabin. Just ask the Front desk hostess about the food and they will try and help you.

3. Passes: They can be purchased at check in at the front desk or you can purchase them at guest services, which is at Pioneer Hall.

4. Iron: There is an iron and board in the cabin. So no problem there.

Dont be surprised to see many of the xmas decorations up the festivities start this weekend. What a great time to visit. Dont miss the Osbourne Lights or the Candlelight processional they are phenominal!! Have a Disney Day!

We're off in a few more hours! Thanks for the info. I hope to do a trip report when we return.

Thanks

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter