Leave a Legacy tombstones

Does anyone know When they are going? I thought this was going to start just after the holidays.

The entrance to Epcot looks horrible. I heard those tombstones up front were being relocated. Has that started yet?
I’m so sad that they are moving Leave a Legacy. My daughter’s picture from 2004 is there. She was 7 at the time & was so excited that her image would always be in WDW. It had become a tradition for her to take a picture next to it every trip. I hate to see them go. We will be there in July. I hope that we will get one last photo.

I’m so sad that they are moving Leave a Legacy. My daughter’s picture from 2004 is there. She was 7 at the time & was so excited that her image would always be in WDW. It had become a tradition for her to take a picture next to it every trip. I hate to see them go. We will be there in July. I hope that we will get one last photo.

But Disney Never said that they would ALWAYS be in WDW. It was my understanding that they were only promise to stay 20 years. Which brings me to my next point...it hasn't been 20 years yet. Sales ended in 2007, which means they are supposed to stay until 2027

I agree that they look terrible, and I've thought that since the very first time we visited Epcot. The rumor I read is that they are moving them, not eliminating them. Folks who have photos on them can still visit them, just not right in front of Epcot.

Dan

I agree that they look terrible, and I've thought that since the very first time we visited Epcot. The rumor I read is that they are moving them, not eliminating them. Folks who have photos on them can still visit them, just not right in front of Epcot.

Dan
That’s good news. Thanks.

I always thought of them as the EPCOT graveyard. Michael Eisner really did some strange things during his time with the company. The tombstones (and the hand/wand attached to Spaceship Earth) were not the best ideas. The wand is long gone. The graveyard following suit is long overdue.

Are these like the ones in my profile photo there? Those are DL in the esplanade, my two older kids each have one before they stopped selling them. Ours only had a 10 year promise to stay in place though and one of them has passed that about 2 years ago. My younger daughter turns 10 tomorrow so hers has about another year, and that was the last batch sold. I will be so sad when they remove them, we visit them all the time.

I have always felt the stones looked very futuristic which kind of fits it in with "future world" theming. My family has a memorial on one of the stones to my father who passed away. He loved Disney World and I have loved the idea of a spot with his name there that we can visit every time we visit. I will miss this if they do move the stones.

I dislike them, always have. I liked it more open through that area like it used to be.
I would like to see them relocated. If you have one, I'm sure you want it to still be around.
I much prefer the tiles on the ground

Are these like the ones in my profile photo there? Those are DL in the esplanade, my two older kids each have one before they stopped selling them. Ours only had a 10 year promise to stay in place though and one of them has passed that about 2 years ago. My younger daughter turns 10 tomorrow so hers has about another year, and that was the last batch sold. I will be so sad when they remove them, we visit them all the time.

No not like yours. There's something similar like yours outside MK on the bricks.

This is what is is at Epcot

754DCB28-E04A-49A1-A96E-8AE4F4B8437F.jpeg

Fun fact: the group N Sync has five of these! They are apparently block F, third row from the top on the right-hand side, all five in a row together.

I do prefer the former, more open look as I think these look a bit jarring but I really do hope they keep them somewhere on property if moved since they are such a nice thing for the people who did them to go visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter