Leave a Legacy tombstones

I never really thought they looked like tombstones. Honestly, my only issue with them is that they constrain the walking paths a bit. I think they should consolidate the images to as few rocks as possible then remove some of them just to free up space, but generally I am fine with the look and all.

I never really thought they looked like tombstones. Honestly, my only issue with them is that they constrain the walking paths a bit. I think they should consolidate the images to as few rocks as possible then remove some of them just to free up space, but generally I am fine with the look and all.

I can understand removing the stones that don't have any photos on them. When I was there in December I saw a few that were empty and wondered why they were there.

I must be blind because I never noticed them really. Had no clue what people were talking about earlier in the post until I saw a picture.

I can understand removing the stones that don't have any photos on them. When I was there in December I saw a few that were empty and wondered why they were there.
Three years ago we wanted to purchase another "Leave a Legacy" for DD's best friend who passed away suddenly in her sleep at the age of 15. Her friend was to accompany us on one of our trips to WDW. She died two months before the trip. We didn't go to WDW that year. Obviously, her family was devastated as was my daughter. We wanted to honor her friend in WDW. Unfortunately, they were no longer selling them in 2015 because of their future plans to remove them. It was a big disappointment.

I would like to see the empty monoliths removed. There is no point in them without the photos. Perhaps the photos consolidated in a place where we could still visit and fondly remember when...

There was another thread on the board that included a phrase from the sales contract, stating that the Leave a Legacy stones could be relocated or displayed in another medium. Thoughts on the chances that they won’t relocate them but will instead digitize them and display them on some type of screen? I could see them easily developing a database of the images that you could call up on a touchscreen display.

I think someone who reaaallly might be offended is the guy that designed it. The number of monoliths (they look cool and modern to me, not like tombstones) is specific to the sculpture, which is the whole display. They aren't there "just for the photos". The number of stones is essential to the whole concept, so removing the ones without photos would be like breaking off a part of a more traditional sculpture.

I think someone who reaaallly might be offended is the guy that designed it. The number of monoliths (they look cool and modern to me, not like tombstones) is specific to the sculpture, which is the whole display. They aren't there "just for the photos". The number of stones is essential to the whole concept, so removing the ones without photos would be like breaking off a part of a more traditional sculpture.
You’re right.

A lot of speculation in the thread about these being moved this year. Is that just speculation, or does someone know that for a fact?

There's no telling when they'll be moved, but they'll be moved when Epcot gets its full front facelift. A renovation of the front was announced last year when they announced all the new stuff coming.

I'd imagine the new front will want to be done when Guardians opens in 2021.

Maybe they'll move the monoliths elsewhere so those that wish to see then can go to them but out of the way of crowds.

Also a rumour of an epcot being built right outside the front over near Ellen/Guardians..but who knows if that will come true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter