Leaving MK quickly

Yes, forgot to mention that. We need to have time for the baby to take a nap. We were planning on a 3 hour break, but if 1.5 hours of that is getting out and back in to the MK, that makes the nap almost non-existent. :)

It has been a while since I was there, but it seems to me that there are maybe a few good options:
A. Uber / Minnievan (Lyft) back to your room...that is quick, cheap, and cool.
B. Long lunch at a TS place to quiet down and fill the belly and then nap time at a Baby care center (I think I saw cribs there, but you could have a lay-down stroller too)
C. Walk to/ monorail to a nearby resort and find a quiet corner for you to lounge and baby to nap in the stroller.

I agree that 50% of naptime spent on a bus seems pointless. Good luck in your quest!

There can be a major difference between Uber, Lyft and a MinnieVan.
The first two can't pick up at the MK gates, so the closest point would be after a walk to the Contemporary/BLT.

How old will the baby be? We took our son for the first time when he was 8 months old and we never had to leave a park for him to nap. He literally just fell asleep in his stroller at nap time. When this happened we found a nice, quiet, shady spot and relaxed for a while as he slept. We got lunch and ate on the bench while he slept. We also just kind of wandered around and enjoyed the park while he slept. This tradition continued throughout toddlerhood. I would recommend trying that out before you spend a lot of time trying to get back to your hotel. If you think the baby will nap better outside of the park environment then just take the monorail over to the Poly, Grand Floridian, or Contemporary and have lunch there while the baby sleeps. The trips we had with our son when he was a baby through pre-school age were so fun! You will have a great time and make lots of great family memories!

I have to agree so many time friends would say that they would travel back to the hotel for the nap, the baby would fall asleep on the way and as soon as they hit the room and the airconditioning the nap was over and they were tired and the baby was awake. Many many times the baby would sleep fine in the stroller and we would enjoy walking around the park or having a small snack in a quiet place. Just a suggestion that worked for us.

Get your kiddo to sleep in the stroller, then walk to Contemp as noted for a lunch and relax out by the lake for a while, or boat or monorail to any of the nearby resorts to do the same. My personal fave is a boat ride to Poly and relax for a while mid day

How old will the baby be? We took our son for the first time when he was 8 months old and we never had to leave a park for him to nap. He literally just fell asleep in his stroller at nap time. When this happened we found a nice, quiet, shady spot and relaxed for a while as he slept. We got lunch and ate on the bench while he slept. We also just kind of wandered around and enjoyed the park while he slept. This tradition continued throughout toddlerhood. I would recommend trying that out before you spend a lot of time trying to get back to your hotel. If you think the baby will nap better outside of the park environment then just take the monorail over to the Poly, Grand Floridian, or Contemporary and have lunch there while the baby sleeps. The trips we had with our son when he was a baby through pre-school age were so fun! You will have a great time and make lots of great family memories!
our grandson was 15 months old at the tie and stroller naps worked a lot better for us. monorail did not work for us as every time monorail stopped he woke up

It has been a while since I was there, but it seems to me that there are maybe a few good options:
B. Long lunch at a TS place to quiet down and fill the belly and then nap time at a Baby care center (I think I saw cribs there, but you could have a lay-down stroller too)
C. Walk to/ monorail to a nearby resort and find a quiet corner for you to lounge and baby to nap in the stroller.

I agree that 50% of naptime spent on a bus seems pointless. Good luck in your quest!
last time we were at the baby centers stroller were not allowed in had to be left outside and there are no cribs

When that guy <= was nap age, we never took breaks. He'd just fall asleep in the stroller when he was tired. During the time he was sleeping DW would find a shady quiet spot in the park and take a rest while the rest of us kept going. We'd meet up later when he woke up. Of course, all that depends on how your little one will/does nap.

Not sure how this would work with a stroller but there's a nice area to sit & relax on Tom Sawyer's Island. It's a shame Hall of Presidents isn't open; that's my go-to place for a nap in the Magic Kingdom!

I believe the only way to leave mk is slowly..

We've tried going to/from mk when pressed for time & it's simply never worked for us..

Stuck in pedestrian traffic entering/exiting

Long wait for monorail

Not moving once aboard monorail

Huge line for ferry

Long wait for bus to resort

If you want to be away from mk altogether,I would leave well ahead of rest time.
If you're happy for little one to sleep in the stroller-I like the gf suggestion.

Yes, forgot to mention that. We need to have time for the baby to take a nap. We were planning on a 3 hour break, but if 1.5 hours of that is getting out and back in to the MK, that makes the nap almost non-existent. :)

I'm not trying to cut it down to nothing, but was just trying to find a way to cut down on the lame-o TTC entrance issue.
Your mileage may vary but we have found it way more effective to put baby/toddler in the stroller or up in a carrier and find a quietish place to stroll. Anytime we’ve tried a nap at the hotel we’ve ended up spending the entire break trying to get her to sleep.

FWIW, we always left for a nap break when my daughter was still napping. Even with the hassle of going in and out of MK, it’s worth it for us! We would just make sure to leave before FoF parade. My daughter would often fall asleep in the car, and we would just carry her to the hotel room. Then my husband and I would also get a couple hours to lay down and rest. Then we’d freshen up before heading back to the park for a few hours in the evening. We learned early on that we’d rather have fewer hours in the parks with more energy versus having everyone tired and crabby. But that’s just what worked for us! ;)

FWIW, we always left for a nap break when my daughter was still napping. Even with the hassle of going in and out of MK, it’s worth it for us! We would just make sure to leave before FoF parade. My daughter would often fall asleep in the car, and we would just carry her to the hotel room. Then my husband and I would also get a couple hours to lay down and rest. Then we’d freshen up before heading back to the park for a few hours in the evening. We learned early on that we’d rather have fewer hours in the parks with more energy versus having everyone tired and crabby. But that’s just what worked for us! ;)
we were lucky our grandson woke as soon as car stopped and that even true when not at Disney. none of our daughter could be carried from car and the same has been true with the grandkids so far. 2 hours with a screaming not wanting to sleep 15 month old so no one got any rest

I would valet park at Contemporary hotel. Just walk over for your car. No waiting on monorail, bus or boat. Valet is good for entire day o can return to CR after nap break.

I can't tell for sure simply looking at maps, but is also looks like someone can pick you up from the bus area as well.

If we are being picked up by car from MK, we just walk over to the Contemporary resort and get collected from just outside the entrance gate, it's never been a problem for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter